Cellphone Radiation

People really need to stop saying "cure cancer". Its as ridiculous a statement as saying "cure the common cold". There likely will never be a "cure all" for cancer because there is no such thing as a singular type of cancer. There is a ton of focus, and money, being poured into curing various types of cancer. Its not as simple as going "let's cure cancer tomorrow". Prevention might be the most viable "cure" for cancer for a long time and it is another area that gets a lot of research.

ROFL ... Sorry, Derangel, I edited my post. I had just finished reading/writing in a Reddit thread on Mars travel and there was the same argument, that all the problems with human travel to Mars would be solved by curing cancer. Which I referenced as a 'lazy argument' because it's based on the idea that our 'fate' to succeed in traveling to Mars is based on the idea that we already possess the steps to pre-destine that cure, not the 'determinism' that we might be able to. Catching up in this thread, with the discussion of Roundup and cigarettes, etc., struck that same nerve, and I just sort of hiccuped that sentence out without thinking about it.

A person should only read one bulletin board before taking a two-hour break. And text is a shitty way to communicate if you don't think in text.

P.S. We would reduce the world's energy use by 14% if we could genetically modify human eyes to see in very low light.

P.P.S. Second time I've had to clarify in two days... I am becoming .. obscure.

Last edited:
Cellphones causing cancer?! What's next - are you going to tell me a pint of bourbon and two packs of cigarettes a day increases my "risk" of cancer? Hogwash.

if this were the case the guys that work at cell sites would just be walking tumors

Cellular radiation and other EM emissions from electronic devices is non-ionising and therefore cannot damage DNA.

The only way for their function to cause or affect the rate of cancer is for there to be some undiscovered mechamism in our understanding of how cancer in our bodies is formed and progresses.

The only chance a cellphone has of giving you cancer is if you attempt to eat the internal components. That's assuming you don't die of poisoning first.

Back