• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Celeron 320 Overclock *PIC*

Stugots

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
7,301
Celeron320at38.jpg


Thats how I roll... :cool:

Let me know what you guys think.
 
From 2.4, that's not bad at all! Have you checked for stability, and what kind of cooling are you using?
 
mavalpha said:
From 2.4, that's not bad at all! Have you checked for stability, and what kind of cooling are you using?

Zalman 7700cu, with the fan speed on silent it keeps the temps to around 55-57C under load.
 
It has been known for some time that the Celeron D's are monster OC'ers.
Some of the Celeron D even have 64bit extensions, depending on serial number.

I am actually trying to find a decent board and ram to play with a 2.66 I have had laying here. Very fun!

Even running stock these things run warm (its a pressy) I would LOVE to see one on water, or something extreme :cool: Just to see how far it can go!

I vote for Celeron D overclocking thread, Experiences and stories.
 
mavalpha said:
Not in 478...

qbackin said:
Some of the Celeron D even have 64bit extensions, depending on serial number

I was speaking of the Celeron D in general, guess I should have been more specific ;)

Cant wait to have fun with my Deleron!
 
After Christmas I may look into watercooling. If I hit a wall while air-cooling then I won't bother, but If I see that I'm limited by cooling then I'll be building my first DIY watercooling setup.

The system is in an old SGI case I got from work. Its originally an PC based SGI. I had to do a few mods to the motherboard tray and powersupply area so it could fit standard components.
 
acascianelli said:
After Christmas I may look into watercooling. If I hit a wall while air-cooling then I won't bother, but If I see that I'm limited by cooling then I'll be building my first DIY watercooling setup.

The system is in an old SGI case I got from work. Its originally an PC based SGI. I had to do a few mods to the motherboard tray and powersupply area so it could fit standard components.

Definately check it out, although I think it has more in it. Just needs some cooling efforts :) Nice I miss my Swiftech Apex Kit :p


HighwayAssassins said:
very nice, although it is an Intel :-/

/intel flaming

Of course it is. But they are great chips that are fun to OC :cool:
And very cheap to play with.
 
I noticed yours has the E0 stepping, mine has the D0 stepping. Any idea what the difference is?
 
How did you get that high an OC with such a low FSB? I run a 5:4 divider and still have a 1066+ FSB. :confused:
 
^^^ Either a 400mhz or 533mhz bus to start with. Running at 800+ is a hefty increase.
 
my celeron m 320 does 2.2 ghz at 170 fsb ... and owned my 4 ghz prescott at 250 fsb.. not bad for a $35 cpu w/ shipping ;) :D

cant show benches because my 740j fried my p4c800-e... 275 fsb was too much for that poor little canterwood... dothan sure asks for a lot out of the mobo chipset... the chipset got agp voltage hungry and eventualy i couldnt feed it enough voltage to keep it stable at 100 fsb :(
 
ryuji said:
my celeron m 320 does 2.2 ghz at 170 fsb ... and owned my 4 ghz prescott at 250 fsb.. not bad for a $35 cpu w/ shipping ;) :D

cant show benches because my 740j fried my p4c800-e... 275 fsb was too much for that poor little canterwood... dothan sure asks for a lot out of the mobo chipset... the chipset got agp voltage hungry and eventualy i couldnt feed it enough voltage to keep it stable at 100 fsb :(

Celeron M is still 479 pin :(.
 
kirbyrj said:
Celeron M is still 479 pin :(.
thats what ct-479 and my p4gd1 which ill be getting soon is for ;)


but first... im going to play with a fx57 system.... would be interesting to see whats faster... more then 3 ghz dothan... or 3.4 or so ghz fx-57

maybe once i get both those systems setup ill build myself a lga775 system with a p4 ES... put all 3 on a kvm for uncompromising computing performance... oh this is faster on p4.. okie dokie.. oh this owns on dothan..*click*.. oh a64s best for this game... hehehehehe :D :cool:
 
You should add some dual core CPU's to your mix ;). A 2.8Ghz X2/Opteron is a force to be reckoned with :D.
 
kirbyrj said:
You should add some dual core CPU's to your mix ;). A 2.8Ghz X2/Opteron is a force to be reckoned with :D.
its also a lot of heat.. i might have to stop early with dothan+a64 because between those two systems and my server... it may be too much heat for my air conditioner/central air to handle(yes, two air conditioners)
 
ryuji said:
thats what ct-479 and my p4gd1 which ill be getting soon is for ;)


but first... im going to play with a fx57 system.... would be interesting to see whats faster... more then 3 ghz dothan... or 3.4 or so ghz fx-57

maybe once i get both those systems setup ill build myself a lga775 system with a p4 ES... put all 3 on a kvm for uncompromising computing performance... oh this is faster on p4.. okie dokie.. oh this owns on dothan..*click*.. oh a64s best for this game... hehehehehe :D :cool:

Very nice! I have always wanted to play with the 479 stuff.
Let us know how it goes :)

EDIT: Btw where the hell do you get that Asus board?
 
qbackin said:
Very nice! I have always wanted to play with the 479 stuff.
Let us know how it goes :)

EDIT: Btw where the hell do you get that Asus board?

I think they were running a group buy out of Europe at XS.
 
Max Power said:
I noticed yours has the E0 stepping, mine has the D0 stepping. Any idea what the difference is?

E0's are the latest stepping I think, all the high end P4's are E0 steppings. Theyre supposed to overclock good I guess.
 
N H O said:
nice...how does it compare to ur p4 @ 3.4?

My P4C@3.4 is still for the most part faster. Synthetic benchmarks show that the Celeron is actually faster in a few things. I won't be switching processors anytime soon, I like HT too much :D
 
Back
Top