CDW Outlet Finds

The wait time on calling sux... on the phone tryin to get mine now lol.

Coming up on 10 mins, It's no biggie. I can wait for a deal like this. First time calling so I don't have a dedicated rep that I know of.

I just did one guest order and one account order, who cares about the little $6 difference on combined shipping i lost out on.

So tempted! But I'm not sure if I've got anywhere to put it, so that'll make this cheap ram very expensive ;)
If you can't find something I'm sure someone will buy it off you for what you paid for it. ;) And you can't even hesitate on this as there's only 22 left from the 157 that were there when I first posted--the sth guys have gobbled these up quick, lol.

JFC. 45 mins. If it hits an hour I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

edit: At 1hr the system had an "error" and disconnected me.
Edit again: While waiting on hold again, the inventory dropped to two. F it. :/ I gave up. If this is how an average customer is treated Samir must have godlike powers haha

Last edited:
I called just before 4:00PM. I watched stock go from 150 to 110 in about 13 minutes. Initially I called Tech Support, had them recover my ancient account and then they transferred me a sales rep named Jen Motts who was awesome, got me all set up and informed me I got a discount for ordering 4 or maybe my old account was once a volume one. IDK Been so long since I used it, it was like 5 addresses out of date. I'm on the fence about throwing this in my main rig, going from DDR4 3800 to 3200 might suck... Gonna have to do some benchmarks.

I called just before 4:00PM. I watched stock go from 150 to 110 in about 13 minutes. Initially I called Tech Support, had them recover my ancient account and then they transferred me a sales rep named Jen Motts who was awesome, got me all set up and informed me I got a discount for ordering 4 or maybe my old account was once a volume one. IDK Been so long since I used it, it was like 5 addresses out of date. I'm on the fence about throwing this in my main rig, going from DDR4 3800 to 3200 might suck... Gonna have to do some benchmarks.
Dibs if they don't perform to your liking lol

JFC. 45 mins. If it hits an hour I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

edit: At 1hr the system had an "error" and disconnected me.
Edit again: While waiting on hold again, the inventory dropped to two. F it. :/ I gave up. If this is how an average customer is treated Samir must have godlike powers haha
I think they must have just gotten slammed with orders. Even mine didn't give me a confirmation until much later, so I called back to confirm it went through and he said that credit must have been backed up since they had 97 orders come through just for these in the last hour. :eek: Strange that the phone system was glitching like that. I've never held more than about 5m for someone. In the future if you call and get like this, call back and choose a different option as they can always transfer.

Definitely bench them! I'd be curious how they hold up since they're supposed to be 'server' ram.

Even if you do, I got 2x more than I needed and if they don't work for the ec200a, I'll have 4x modules available at some point.

So I almost pulled the trigger but ended up not, partial regret now with full regret coming when people here start receiving their orders and posting either that they work fine or even better than expected. For sure tho if you end up looking to offload a couple, assuming they work fine for people, I'd be very interested.

Best of luck to those who got in on this!

Definitely bench them! I'd be curious how they hold up since they're supposed to be 'server' ram.
Yeah, I'm kinda curious too. It will be a good experiment to see what happens to system performance when the Fabric speed is reduced due to RAM limitations. Kinda doubt I can OC this RAM up to previous Fabric speeds but, you never know. I have seen crazier things happen with low spec 2400 Mhz memory before hitting crazy clocks.

Yeah, I'm kinda curious too. It will be a good experiment to see what happens to system performance when the Fabric speed is reduced due to RAM limitations. Kinda doubt I can OC this RAM up to previous Fabric speeds but, you never know. I have seen crazier things happen with low spec 2400 Mhz memory before hitting crazy clocks.
Yeah definitely will be a neat experiment for sure. And I just realized your old volume account is pretty awesome becaused you paid less than I did per module and that's the lowest price I think anyone got them for so you have a really great account!

I hadn
Yeah definitely will be a neat experiment for sure. And I just realized your old volume account is pretty awesome becaused you paid less than I did per module and that's the lowest price I think anyone got them for so you have a really great account!
I hadn't used the account in maybe 15+ years... Yet I was still in their system. That was something.

I hadn

I hadn't used the account in maybe 15+ years... Yet I was still in their system. That was something.
They're a solid company for sure. I've been working with them since nearly the time I got into PCs back in the early 1990s. I can't believe that is over 30 years ago now--man I'm old! :eek::(

Anyone get theirs yet? I'm just being lazy and hoping someone puts it in a Ryzen 5xxx system before hand so I know what to expect.
Yeah, 11 yesterday and 5 today. First 256GB is running memtest in a X10SRA-F right now. The X10SRA-F has little to no memory control, so they are not even being pushed. Just a burn in test.

Memory IC's are virtually unmarked. No branding on the ICs. Only IC marking is 10-1706-33-BA-XE. Random sampling shows the same across modules. I can post pictures if any one is interested. SPD has no manufacturer listed and does not support temperature.

Yeah, 11 yesterday and 5 today. First 256GB is running memtest in a X10SRA-F right now. The X10SRA-F has little to no memory control, so they are not even being pushed. Just a burn in test.

Memory IC's are virtually unmarked. No branding on the ICs. Only IC marking is 10-1706-33-BA-XE. Random sampling shows the same across modules. I can post pictures if any one is interested. SPD has no manufacturer listed and does not support temperature.

So we know who stole all the RAM now :), thanks for the post, wonder who made the ICs, Samsung B-die? one can dream lol....

So we know who stole all the RAM now :), thanks for the post, wonder who made the ICs, Samsung B-die? one can dream lol....
Guilty as charged. The group today had been re-labled... Somebody in Texas did not get theirs. :)

I actually figured that some or all would get canceled. That's my typical experience with CDW B-Stock. All of these were still sealed in the original packaging.

Yeah, I was hoping to see some nice manufacturer info to tell what we could expect, but nada. The memory line in memtest x86 is showing Avant Technology W724G.

Anyone get theirs yet? I'm just being lazy and hoping someone puts it in a Ryzen 5xxx system before hand so I know what to expect.
Got em in the mailbox today. Mind you I haven't done any kind of exhaustive testing yet. But the preliminary stuff points to my 5900x being just a smidge slower than with my Ballistix 3600 mhz RAM. How much slower? Negligible.

I lost 1% of my single threaded performance and my multi core seems about the same.

Word to the wise: the X570 hated the memory. You probably want to head into the bios and drop your ram speeds to stock. I went in balls deep and loaded all 4 sticks and my motherboard shit the bed.

Had to pull em all out but one, dial back the frequency and then I loaded them one at a time and tested them incrementally in the bios making sure they registered.

It's pretty fucking sweet to see 128Gigs of RAM for 107 bucks (123 after tax and shipping). This is a treat seeing my system ram load at 4%!

God! I love this place ... I don't know why I stayed away from the [H] for so long but it's always been the best place for tips, knowledge and good people.

Got em in the mailbox today. Mind you I haven't done any kind of exhaustive testing yet. But the preliminary stuff points to my 5900x being just a smidge slower than with my Ballistix 3600 mhz RAM. How much slower? Negligible.

I lost 1% of my single threaded performance and my multi core seems about the same.

Word to the wise: the X570 hated the memory. You probably want to head into the bios and drop your ram speeds to stock. I went in balls deep and loaded all 4 sticks and my motherboard shit the bed.

Had to pull em all out but one, dial back the frequency and then I loaded them one at a time and tested them incrementally in the bios making sure they registered.

It's pretty fucking sweet to see 128Gigs of RAM for 107 bucks (123 after tax and shipping). This is a treat seeing my system ram load at 4%!

God! I love this place ... I don't know why I stayed away from the [H] for so long but it's always been the best place for tips, knowledge and good people.
I don't think it's the memory per se but the amount of ram: 4 x 32 GB dual rank modules will cause a massive strain on any non server chipset, I will try on mine sometime in the next couple of weeks, too lazy atm.
Was this on the asus or gbt x570 in ur sig? And what final speeds/timings did you get with 4 of these suckers populated?

I don't think it's the memory per se but the amount of ram: 4 x 32 GB dual rank modules will cause a massive strain on any non server chipset, I will try on mine sometime in the next couple of weeks, too lazy atm.
Was this on the asus or gbt x570 in ur sig? And what final speeds/timings did you get with 4 of these suckers populated?
It was the ASUS TUF X570. It worked fine, I think the issue was me... I wasn't thinking about the dialed in parameters for 3600Mhz on the RAM. It's been running flawlessly for about 2 hours now. As far as the strain is concerned, I should have more than enough juice to feed them. If the board is rated at 128GB max, I figure that it should have no issue doing what it says it is supposed to do.

I'm not overclocking my CPU and I'm currently undervolting the 6900XT. The 850 Watt Seasonic PS should be fine. I do have a spare ASUS 1200 Watt monster I picked up on prime day for like 100 bucks or so. If power distribution becomes an issue, I have options. The Seasonic has been a great PS. Pretty certain it was (at one point) a highly rated PS on here.

I am glad the forum is still here. Still miss the old [H] though. Probably the best hardware site I have ever encountered in my life. There's simply nothing like it out there. It was the best place to get an unbiased technical breakdown of hardware on the internet. Best damn tech website on the planet. Kinda still is, even without the active review thing.

I would have bought 4 sticks when I saw this Thursday, but since I only have X470 boards I passed.

Then I remember I still have a B550 board NIB that would have accepted these....DOH!

It was the ASUS TUF X570. It worked fine, I think the issue was me... I wasn't thinking about the dialed in parameters for 3600Mhz on the RAM. It's been running flawlessly for about 2 hours now. As far as the strain is concerned, I should have more than enough juice to feed them. If the board is rated at 128GB max, I figure that it should have no issue doing what it says it is supposed to do.

I'm not overclocking my CPU and I'm currently undervolting the 6900XT. The 850 Watt Seasonic PS should be fine. I do have a spare ASUS 1200 Watt monster I picked up on prime day for like 100 bucks or so. If power distribution becomes an issue, I have options. The Seasonic has been a great PS. Pretty certain it was (at one point) a highly rated PS on here.

I am glad the forum is still here. Still miss the old [H] though. Probably the best hardware site I have ever encountered in my life. There's simply nothing like it out there. It was the best place to get an unbiased technical breakdown of hardware on the internet. Best damn tech website on the planet. Kinda still is, even without the active review thing.
So they are working at default 3200 CL22 1.2V on ur board?

RobstarUSA who actually found this deal posted this in the STH thread since he got his modules back when they were $54/ea:
Code:
Also: For those of you who want more specs, this is what my linux box says:

Timings from (dmidecode-dimms)
---=== Timings at Standard Speeds ===---
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-3200 22-22-22-52
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-2933 21-21-21-47
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-2666 19-19-19-43
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-2400 17-17-17-39
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-2133 15-15-15-35
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-1866 13-13-13-30
AA-RCD-RP-RAS (cycles) as DDR4-1600 11-11-11-26

from "dmidecode -t memory":
# dmidecode 3.3
Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs.
SMBIOS 3.3.0 present.

Handle 0x0031, DMI type 16, 23 bytes
Physical Memory Array
Use: System Memory
Error Correction Type: Multi-bit ECC
Maximum Capacity: 128 GB
Error Information Handle: 0x0030
Number Of Devices: 4

Handle 0x0039, DMI type 17, 92 bytes
Memory Device
Array Handle: 0x0031
Error Information Handle: 0x0038
Total Width: 72 bits
Data Width: 64 bits
Size: 32 GB
Form Factor: DIMM
Set: None
Locator: DIMM_A1
Bank Locator: BANK 0
Type: DDR4
Type Detail: Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered)
Speed: 3200 MT/s
Manufacturer: Avant
Serial Number: 00000000
Asset Tag: Not Specified
Part Number: W724GU44J2320NA
Configured Memory Speed: 3200 MT/s
Minimum Voltage: 1.2 V
Maximum Voltage: 1.2 V
Configured Voltage: 1.2 V
Memory Technology: DRAM
Memory Operating Mode Capability: Volatile memory
Firmware Version: Unknown
Module Manufacturer ID: Bank 6, Hex 0xF7
Module Product ID: Unknown
Memory Subsystem Controller Manufacturer ID: Unknown
Memory Subsystem Controller Product ID: Unknown
Non-Volatile Size: None
Volatile Size: 32 GB
Cache Size: None
Logical Size: None
https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...for-29-ea-in-the-cdw-outlet.37351/post-346551

So they are working at default 3200 CL22 1.2V on ur board?
I am at work, so I can't verify. However, they seemed to be operating at CL18. I could be wrong. I will have to verify this when I get home tonight. Might just be that the Asus defaulted to a tighter timing profile for them and it worked. Let you guys know once I get home to verify it.

SO... I just remembered before I passed out to check... CAS Latency is set to 16-18-18-18-38 and its working flawlessly. It's just what the motherboard set the RAM to. I didn't even have to try to get the timings there. The DRAM voltage defaulted to 1.35V, not 1.2V. The voltage increase is likely why the RAM is stable at the tighter timings. I will let you know if it lights on fire, but I suspect it will be fine. It's been running today for 6 hours or so flawlessly. I have 3 120mm front fans blowing into the chassis (one directly across the RAM) and my Arctic Water Cooler has that tiny little fan on the CPU that actually blows air across the VRMs and the ram from the other side. All my waste heat is channeled up via the 4 140mm fans on the radiator, any excess out the back with a 120mm fan.

RAM is is sitting between 85 to 103 degrees F: Looks like the first Stick in my system is carrying all the heat (closest to the front of the MB). I'm shooting my IR Thermometer at the chips themselves, the sticks are sitting in the mid 70's. VRMs at 86.5 F, 6900XT at 84.8 F

Last edited:
SO... I just remembered before I passed out to check... CAS Latency is set to 16-18-18-18-38 and its working flawlessly. It's just what the motherboard set the RAM to. I didn't even have to try to get the timings there.
At 3200 Mhz ? That is pretty good, means can very likely do 3600 with a voltage bump and looser timings.

Last edited:
SO... I just remembered before I passed out to check... CAS Latency is set to 16-18-18-18-38 and its working flawlessly. It's just what the motherboard set the RAM to. I didn't even have to try to get the timings there. The DRAM voltage defaulted to 1.35V, not 1.2V. The voltage increase is likely why the RAM is stable at the tighter timings. I will let you know if it lights on fire, but I suspect it will be fine. It's been running today for 6 hours or so flawlessly. I have 3 120mm front fans blowing into the chassis (one directly across the RAM) and my Arctic Water Cooler has that tiny little fan on the CPU that actually blows air across the VRMs and the ram from the other side. All my waste heat is channeled up via the 4 140mm fans on the radiator, any excess out the back with a 120mm fan.

RAM is is sitting between 85 to 103 degrees F: Looks like the first Stick in my system is carrying all the heat (closest to the front of the MB). I'm shooting my IR Thermometer at the chips themselves, the sticks are sitting in the mid 70's. VRMs at 86.5 F, 6900XT at 84.8 F
If you're not using all the ram, that's probably why only the first module is the warmest. My z420 with 256GB does that too. So the module you're using is the one that's warm. If you check the temps during a memtest, I bet you'd find them all about the same temp (100F+). (y)

Last edited:
If you're not using all the ram, that's probably why only the first module is the warmest. My z420 with 256GB does that too. So the module you're using is the one that's warm. If you check the temps during a memtest, I bet you'd find them all about the same temp.
I recommend he fire up Faster Than Light and report back here on his RAM temps.

Back