CCC vs. ATITool

Synful Serenity

[H]ard|Gawd
Can all the functions of the Control Center be accessed through ATITool? I did notice there doesn't seem to be a setting for "High Quality AF", or is that just the same as trilinear?

i just got an X1900XTX and i have been looking for the ATiTool, the only version i saw was 1.24 from May'04..

do you have a linky?

right now i am using the CCC and it works (although i will admit i am used to Nvidias options in their CP)...

so far the only feature i really wish ATI had in their drivers was the ability to define Custom Resolutions..

for BF2, if you set a custom resolution of 1440x1080, you can use it in game without any modding or shortcut, but that resolution isn't available as a standard res but works fine on the Nvidia cards

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

scroll down you will see 0.25 Beta 13.

Major changes to the latest stable version are:

• Added support for NVIDIA video cards
  • Addded support for ATI X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900
  • Added voltage control for ATI X1800
  • Added current draw monitoring for ATI X1800
  • Added VDDCI change for ATI X1900
  • Fan & Voltage settings can be saved to a profile now

I found something else a little odd....When I change an AF setting such as 8x in the CCC, if I then right-click the ATITool icon and look at selected settings for AF and AA, it shows the 8x AF checkmarked for Direct3D, but under OpenGL, it is set to "Off". I know that the old control panel gave you options for choosing between OpenGL and Direct3D when changing those settings, and now under the Control Center there is only one AA/AF screen which I assumed was global. Does this mean the CCC isn't changing AA and AF settings for OpenGL?

edit: Informal testing appears to show that the CCC is working, which means that for some reason ATITool isn't updating the settings for OpenGL when it is loaded.

Back