Cause for concern? warped or bent oled panel

horse

Gawd
I got an Aorus FO48U set up a few days ago and while looking at it sitting on my desk I noticed something worrisome.
CURVE.jpg

yall think this is acceptable, (or is this even ok?) or do I need to rma this thing?
Nothing seems wrong with the picture but still....

I'd rma it because if you do develop a problem with the display ever, they'll claim the bend is physical damage you caused and deny your warranty.

Well apparently I will have to pay for return shipping if I were to go through with an rma. Which would probably be pretty pricey anyhow. I bought it from Newegg's Ebay Store @ the $799 deal (send it!). I'm wondering instead if they would maybe do me a partial refund as a sort of discount for a 'defective' item? We gon find out because I already ask :p, but today's Sunday and Email don't come on Sundays lol

Also warranty is only for 1 year anyway. Chances this thing going out in under a year anyway...I doubt it.
I honestly think this is most likely nothing to worry about. It's just a little shocking like 'once you see it' kinda thing.

Well apparently I will have to pay for return shipping if I were to go through with an rma. Which would probably be pretty pricey anyhow. I bought it from Newegg's Ebay Store @ the $799 deal (send it!). I'm wondering instead if they would maybe do me a partial refund as a sort of discount for a 'defective' item? We gon find out because I already ask :p, but today's Sunday and Email don't come on Sundays lol

Also warranty is only for 1 year anyway. Chances this thing going out in under a year anyway...I doubt it.
I honestly think this is most likely nothing to worry about. It's just a little shocking like 'once you see it' kinda thing.
1yr warranty is all the more reason to push for a full replacement imo. You paid 8 bills for as close to a perfect monitor as humanly possible. That's alotta cheddar for a warped case. Just sayin.

Reactions: horse
like this
Back