• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Catalyst 9.7 Leaked

Just what we need, if official drivers are buggy and beta drivers are hit or miss, what are we gonna get out of leaked drivers
 
And I'm somehow not surprised that both of your systems in your sig are running nVidia cards...
 
And I'm somehow not surprised that both of your systems in your sig are running nVidia cards...

We hear about driver problems regardless of company which is why I spoke vaguely. The one piece of software that I’m not interested in running a leaked version of is drivers.
 
We hear about driver problems regardless of company which is why I spoke vaguely. The one piece of software that I’m not interested in running a leaked version of is drivers.


yet history shows us that thats exactly what nV card owners had to deal with in regards to drivers for the longest, i've lurked and posted these boards for quite some time, i've seen all the generic "z0mgs! forceware v8x(v9x, v10xetc :p) just came out! grab it before the next incremental is leaked or beta tested on us before nV decides to actually release a WHQL driver!!!":rolleyes:

these days leaked drivers is like saying the sky is blue and water is wet....its a given in a world such as ours, that said ATi ever since it started the Catalyst driver program so long ago has released (mostly) quality WHQL drivers on a monthly schedule, something "the other camp" can't claim...so the chance to even test something, KNOWING its leaked and not officially suported by ATi, is for some of the truly [H] around here a glimpse at things to come, hell sometimes future cards not yet released or announced has theri existence inferred upon by odd driver strings in non official leaks....exciting to some, but not a chance or risk others care to take on their day to day box.
 
yet history shows us that thats exactly what nV card owners had to deal with in regards to drivers for the longest, i've lurked and posted these boards for quite some time, i've seen all the generic "z0mgs! forceware v8x(v9x, v10xetc :p) just came out! grab it before the next incremental is leaked or beta tested on us before nV decides to actually release a WHQL driver!!!":rolleyes:

these days leaked drivers is like saying the sky is blue and water is wet....its a given in a world such as ours, that said ATi ever since it started the Catalyst driver program so long ago has released (mostly) quality WHQL drivers on a monthly schedule, something "the other camp" can't claim...so the chance to even test something, KNOWING its leaked and not officially suported by ATi, is for some of the truly [H] around here a glimpse at things to come, hell sometimes future cards not yet released or announced has theri existence inferred upon by odd driver strings in non official leaks....exciting to some, but not a chance or risk others care to take on their day to day box.

Plus it's not like my computer would burst into flames and become unusable, I'd just simply restore the drivers to the last working set.
 
I've tried a few of rflair's leaked drivers. Haven't had any issues with them (at least issues I don't already get with the regular drivers).
 
yet history shows us that thats exactly what nV card owners had to deal with in regards to drivers for the longest, i've lurked and posted these boards for quite some time, i've seen all the generic "z0mgs! forceware v8x(v9x, v10xetc :p) just came out! grab it before the next incremental is leaked or beta tested on us before nV decides to actually release a WHQL driver!!!":rolleyes:

these days leaked drivers is like saying the sky is blue and water is wet....its a given in a world such as ours, that said ATi ever since it started the Catalyst driver program so long ago has released (mostly) quality WHQL drivers on a monthly schedule, something "the other camp" can't claim...so the chance to even test something, KNOWING its leaked and not officially suported by ATi, is for some of the truly [H] around here a glimpse at things to come, hell sometimes future cards not yet released or announced has theri existence inferred upon by odd driver strings in non official leaks....exciting to some, but not a chance or risk others care to take on their day to day box.

People seem to get excited over this whole thing while in the meantime I find that even 6 months of new driver releases tends to make very little appreciable difference in the operation of my video hardware.
 
Thanks for posting these. I was having the issue where I wouldn't get a signal from my monitor with a DVI connection but it would work fine with VGA or HDMI to DVI converter. Also I would get the same problem when my monitor would go to sleep mode and lose the signal to monitor regardless of the connection VGA DVI or HDMI to DVI. I was having all these problems with 9.6 but 9.7 seems to have corrected it, but initially I wasn't having these problems with 9.6 either until they just came up one day.
 
What do the drivers address? Can those of us with Crossfire setups expect gains in ArmA 2?
 
What do the drivers address? Can those of us with Crossfire setups expect gains in ArmA 2?

You can rename your EXE crysis.exe or fear2.exe and that helps performance pretty well, from what I've read.
 
It doesn't enable crossfire though, tired it on several renames. Ran rivatuner or GPU-z in the background and never saw the speeds or loads go up on the 2nd gpu.
 
Might give these a try, my computer locks when I try to install 9.6. I just want the HDMI audio to work :(
 
Using them since yesterday. BF2 and America's Army 3 seem to run fine with them. AA3 crashed a few times but I think it is because of how buggy it is.
 
Been working fine for a few days on Vista 64. I hate the new CC layout... I almost want some of what they're smoking or shooting up.
 
Just what we need, if official drivers are buggy and beta drivers are hit or miss, what are we gonna get out of leaked drivers

just what we need dumbass comments from people that have no clue. do us all a favor and crawl back under that rock you came from......
 
Been working fine for a few days on Vista 64. I hate the new CC layout... I almost want some of what they're smoking or shooting up.

Not surprising. Programmers are some of the least qualified interface designers on the planet.
 
Back
Top