Catalyst 9.2 this week

For starters, rename the fear exe to fear.exe. Its very simple and it works :)

2nd, Will the 9.2's really officially support the multi gpu 4850x2? Im still on 8.11 :(

do you mean rename fear2.exe to fear.exe? because it just says game is unavailable now, as it would, because i dont have fear installed. and if you mean rename the exe to fear2.exe, it is already defaulted to that. i dont really understand what you mean.

do you mean rename fear2.exe to fear.exe? because it just says game is unavailable now, as it would, because i dont have fear installed. and if you mean rename the exe to fear2.exe, it is already defaulted to that. i dont really understand what you mean.

That doesnt work on the legit retail version. Worked great with the demo though.

Downloaded ...gonna test them right after i reimage this computer, last thing i need is the code 43 error :D

Catalyst™ 9.2 brings performance benefits in several cases where framerates are
CPU-limited. Some measured examples are:

• Crysis DX10 gains up to 20%
• Crysis Warhead DX10 gains up to 20%
• World in Conflict gains up to 5%

Hmm... still not enough. nVidia keeps pumping out more and more performance improvements.

The display driver no longer fails to load on some systems with more than 8
GB of system RAM

Finally!

The fix list for Vista is quite long... most s not game related.. but still a lot of fixes.

Installed and going to try.

Hmm... still not enough. nVidia keeps pumping out more and more performance improvements.

Finally!

not enough?

nVidia's "Performance Improve" are compare to old ass driver...

if you say that is "PUMPING" out, you must be missing something :p

Does it fix the flicker issue with source games after waking up from sleep?

So anybody seen any reviews or tests to compare this driver with the last one yet? Does this incorporate the hotfix from the 8.12?

not enough?

nVidia's "Performance Improve" are compare to old ass driver...

if you say that is "PUMPING" out, you must be missing something :p

Well I did see a review comparing some more recent drivers to the early 180 (that gave a large boost) and those still gave a good performance improvement. Yeah, I'm jealous!

Exaggeration, heard of it? :(

Well I did see a review comparing some more recent drivers to the early 180 (that gave a large boost) and those still gave a good performance improvement. Yeah, I'm jealous!

Exaggeration, heard of it? :(

Don't take the lists from Nvidia/ATI so serious about their "performance enhancements". Here's a funny one from a previous post of mine:

I noticed something funny when I went into the driver page. They compared the performance to the 178 drivers, which first came in september 2008. I think its the 178.24 they compared with though that came in october 2008.

Here's 181.22 peformance increase:
Blazing Fast Performance:

Boosts performance in numerous 3D applications. The following are some examples of improvements measured with Release 181 drivers vs. Release 178 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
Up to 10% performance increase in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
Up to 13% performance increase in Assassin's Creed
Up to 13% performance increase in BioShock
Up to 15% performance increase in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Up to 10% performance increase in Crysis Warhead
Up to 25% performance increase in Devil May Cry 4
Up to 38% performance increase in Far Cry 2
Up to 18% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID
Up to 80% performance increase in Lost Planet: Colonies
Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_181.22_whql.html
Here's another WHQL driver, the 180.48 from November 2008:
Blazing Fast Performance:

Boosts performance in numerous 3D applications. The following are some examples of improvements measured with Release 180 WHQL drivers vs. Release 178 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
Up to 10% performance increase in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
Up to 13% performance increase in Assassin's Creed
Up to 13% performance increase in BioShock
Up to 15% performance increase in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Up to 10% performance increase in Crysis Warhead
Up to 25% performance increase in Devil May Cry 4
Up to 38% performance increase in Far Cry 2
Up to 18% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID
Up to 80% performance increase in Lost Planet: Colonies
Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_180.48_whql.html

Note also that one is XP, while the other Vista 64. Is there some employee of Nvidia which is fond of copy/paste, or don't they test the different releases and just throws out some numbers?:D As far as I can recall, there have been performance increases after 180.48 in Farcry 2...

Back