Catalyst 8.12 Hotfix

I think mods should merge both threads. I can't possibly understand why people constantly ignore the first thread and just post on the repost :rolleyes:

They took down the driver, I only managed to grab the Vista 64 driver befor the drivers are down. Download link is in the OP.

When i got home windows gave me an update for my video and what do you know, It is fixed now.

Sometimes it feels like all I ever do is reboot and install new Catalyst drivers... :eek:

Does the hotfix also fix the OpenGL VBO (Vertex Buffer Objects) bug that they introduced with Cat 8.12 or will that have to wait until Cat 9.1?

The links are back up, I'm downloading it now to see whether it is the same driver as before.

They took down the drivers before so maybe the drivers have a problem. I've uploaded the latest drivers now.

Sometimes it feels like all I ever do is reboot and install new Catalyst drivers... :eek:

Does the hotfix also fix the OpenGL VBO (Vertex Buffer Objects) bug that they introduced with Cat 8.12 or will that have to wait until Cat 9.1?

You mean, all you ever do is reboot and install new catalyst drivers once every month. If you have no terrible problems I see no reason to install ATi's beta drivers because usually they are leaked only a few days prior to the WHQL ones.

I will have to see if this solves my hard lockup with the tv tuner card after i get some sleep after work.

My 4870x2 still only shows 1 gpu.

Use ATI uninstall
When reboot message comes up at end hit restart later
Run Driver Sweeper, delete all ATI Display drivers left
Reboot
Install ATI drivers be sure to have correct os (vista, xp, 64 or 32)
Reboot again
Go into CCC and be sure Catalyst AI is set to enabled.

Do I need to go through the same routine of uninstalling previous drivers, reboot, driver sweep, reboot, install just hotfix or do I simply install over 8.12 drivers and reboot?

I don't think driver sweep is neccessary but I would uninstall the old driver first, reboot and install the new driver.

I don't even have that problem so I'm not going to bother, even though I have Crossfire disable 90% of the time anyways. Most games have a lot of problems with it or/and just don't support it.

It's a shame there are problems with the drivers........as far back as 8.8

Crossfire just needs to work and work well.

If it did, the combination of two X2s would be unbeatable.:D

Use ATI uninstall
When reboot message comes up at end hit restart later
Run Driver Sweeper, delete all ATI Display drivers left
Reboot
Install ATI drivers be sure to have correct os (vista, xp, 64 or 32)
Reboot again
Go into CCC and be sure Catalyst AI is set to enabled.

I will try this when I get home tonight, thank you sir!

donno 8.11 solves my tuner/driver conflict that causes my hardlocks.

He claims in that post AVIVO Transcoder doesn't work in 64, but I tested it (vista 64) and it was working fine...

and we expect this guy to make driver fixes? 0.o

I should upgrade my driver to 8.12 as the release notes state performance increases with the 4800 series and Left 4 Dead.

No matter what I do I still get "incompatible display adapter has been disabled" guess I just need to wait for the next update.

Back