Catalyst 11.11b Performance Driver Released

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Just a heads up for all of you that are looking for a few good fixes and Catalyst 11.11a just didn’t quite do it for you, Catalyst 11.11b has been released and will enable Crossfire in Skyrim. Get it while its hot. :cool: Thanks to Andrew D. for the heads up.

Yeah for 6000 series only....sucks...

It is supposed ot be for 5000 and 6000 series. At least that's what the release notes say.

By the way majordomo, you neglected to mention that these drivers finally address crossfire for rage.

It is supposed ot be for 5000 and 6000 series. At least that's what the release notes say.

By the way majordomo, you neglected to mention that these drivers finally address crossfire for rage.

Nope..

"Elder Scrolls Skyrim
New in Catalyst 11.11b: Delivers AMD CrossFire performance scaling for AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
AMD Radeon HD 5000 CrossFire support will be supported soon in an updated driver"

Cf still doesn't work in skyrim from what people are reporting, as well as texture corruption.

From what I've read STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THESE!

Most are having major texture corruption/flickering issues.

Honestly my single 6970 is playing it just fine on ultra at 2560x1440 so I can wait for proper crossfire (which only will help me if I have ugridloads at like 10 along with massive shadow resolution)

single cards ftw

This is the reason I don't go crossfire or sli, they always have problems with new games.

Performance in SLI is actually quite good for me and has been since launch day. It's of course still not 100% optimized performance-wise but still gives a decent jump in performance and doesn't cause any problems.

anyone see any jump in performance? says 2-7% for single card, in notes. If I have any issues (6970) Ill report back. trying it tonight.

11.11b installed... 6990 Back to negative crossfire scaling! I used a clean install after ATIMAN uninstaller.

I am officially DONE with AMD. Shit performance drivers for all of the latest game releases and that includes SWTOR Beta.

AMD used to be fantastic. They can eat a dick as far as Im concerned..

From what I've read STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THESE!

Most are having major texture corruption/flickering issues.

Honestly my single 6970 is playing it just fine on ultra at 2560x1440 so I can wait for proper crossfire (which only will help me if I have ugridloads at like 10 along with massive shadow resolution)

I'm on a single 5870, should I avoid this 11.11b and use the 11.11a's or stay with the 11.11's?

You guys with crossfire issues should try RadeonPro, it could help.

6970x2 here, these 11.11b drivers work like a charm for me. 11.11a were terrible, I'd get lag that I'd have to alt-tab twice to fix every time I went into a new area.

Just in case. If you are using these drivers for rage, or skyrim. Remove EVERY SINGLE MOD CFG EDIT, CROSSFIRE HACK or RBE Profile. In fact, DIABLE or turn off RBE.

Many people use these hacks then forget that these same hacks that worked with the old driver might completely fuck up the new driver.

I agree with the above.

Personally, I installed these specifically for my Skyrim CrossfireX woes. Namely, not having them at all.

Yes, the game was playing well with the 11.11a driver and CAP 2, but I did notice a bit of flickering in the distance. The only "mods" that I'm using are to enable land/tree shadows.

I had to use ATIman to uninstall all of my previous drivers back when 11.10 preview drivers were out, trying to resolve issues I was having with Crossfire and Battlefield 3. It did a great job of cleaning everything out, and after that, finally got Crossfire to work.

So, this time I just did an express uninstall of all AMD drivers through the control panel add/remove programs. Rebooted. Uninstalled the latest CAP. Rebooted. Installed 11.11b and 11.11 CAP 2, and rebooted. I noticed I FINALLY had CrossfireX scaling, although, it didn't seem like it was really making that much of a difference. I feel that having it tweaked in later releases will probably make performance better. For the little time that I played, I didn't seem to notice any graphical shimmer or anything of the sort in the distance. One thing that was sort of interesting is that I noticed a few textures that seemed to just disappear from the game (no idea whose fault that is), but I'd basically see, for example, a blood dragon that was a nice, deep powder blue (or even slightly purplish, like indigo).

Regardless, the driver release is working for me. Don't always believe that because lots of people complain about the driver release that it is all the fault of the driver, as noted in the post above. If you have a 6000 series card, you definitely need to give the 11.11b's a try. They should/will help in performance if installed correctly.

So they 'work' but you basically so no difference. Seems like they just got the performance to stop being negative at least but not any better then one card.

These drivers seemed to have a positive effect on my performance. 1920x1080 w/ all settings maxed I see 70-100 FPS open world and 150-250 fps in instances.

No edit feature:

Forgot to include that I am running two 6970's in crossfire and I OC'c my i7 970 to 4.2ghz.

One thing that was sort of interesting is that I noticed a few textures that seemed to just disappear from the game (no idea whose fault that is), but I'd basically see, for example, a blood dragon that was a nice, deep powder blue (or even slightly purplish, like indigo).

Ray-Ban, this is a texturing loading bug, basically the game runs out of memory so doesn't load the texture - the workaround is to use the skyrim4gb mod, that enables Large address aware on the exe.

With the skyrim 4gb workaround + Hayden's WSG eyefinity fix, I can enjoy this game the way it is meant to on the PC.

so=saw

wtf.. do these forums not have Edit Post feature?

Amen! I cant for the life of me figure out why they wouldnt have Edit Post in the News forum. Especially big pain in the balls for those of us that post a lot from our phones and proof reading aint as easy and there's no telling what the text predictor has put in instead of what we originally wanted.

As for the drivers, I just installed 11.11b in preparation for Batman which is currently downloading but as far as other games go, they seem to be running fine so no issues so far with a single 5870.

I had some weird jitteryness going on when the was tons of action in BF3, so I rolled back to the 11.11 and all is fine.

I think it was the lag that [H] was talking about in the BF3 MP Peformance write up.

single 6990 user here.... driver works perfectly...

now the question is... should i install 11.11 cap2 as well ???

For those with the missing textures(I was getting it really bad inside mostly), I applied that 4GB LAA patch and ALL my problems went away, and, although this is subjective, I swear I got a nice boost in fps.

I have a modded .ini file and these new drivers(although I see no difference between these and 11.10).

AMD sure had to step their game up with their drivers. seems like SLI is better than XFIRE on the latest and greatest game. and it's all due to drivers.

Definitely some weird stuff going on, had laggy performance again. Reinstalled the drivers and performance problem went away.

Just realized that the skyrim 4g mod is disabling crossfire :/

Can you explain further? I can see no reason why this would happen unless the drivers only apply crossfire to a checksum validated exe. I consider the LAA memory patch essential for Skyrim, if it isn't working with crossfire that is a big deal.

Did nothing for a single 5870 and Batman Arkham City. DX11 is still choppy as hell, very slow and downright unplayable. Oh well, so much for an easy fix.

Maybe it's my personal bias but it seems like AMD cards particularly in CF are having a lot more problems than nVidia's in the latest releases.

Looking at [H]'s performance last three performance evaluations, Batman AC, Skyrim and BF3 MP AMD cards seem to have considerably more issues or don't perform as well

Maybe it's my personal bias but it seems like AMD cards particularly in CF are having a lot more problems than nVidia's in the latest releases.

Looking at [H]'s performance last three performance evaluations, Batman AC, Skyrim and BF3 MP AMD cards seem to have considerably more issues or don't perform as well

I use cards from both sides and both have issues ,BUT right now AMD driver team is not on the ball if they get there shit together then they would be fine the cards are good just need there drivers sorted out. I would go out on a linb and say that all issues will be corrected with Cat 11.12's

Back