Catalyst 10.3 Preview driver released

This is a preview. The retail 10.3 will obviously be preferred if you don't like to beta test.

This was already posted in another thread, and its not just a 10.3 preview- its actually got a few performance tweaks that the 10.3 WHQL does NOT have. Check out the story on the front page to get more details.

This was already posted in another thread, and its not just a 10.3 preview- its actually got a few performance tweaks that the 10.3 WHQL does NOT have. Check out the story on the front page to get more details.

Which means that this is essentially the 10.3 AvP Hotfix driver.

Still can't get bezel management working with my 3 monitors :mad:

I have 2x 24" Dell S2409W @1080 and 1x24" Dell E248WFP @ 1200.

When I create my Eyefinity group it turns the E248WFP to 1920x1080 so all monitors are at the same resolution.

This really sucks. Anyone have any insight?

Well- they require the same resolution on all monitors- This has been the case since the beginning and its well documented that all displays default to the resolution of the lowest res display. The bezel correction I can't help you since I don't have 3 displays yet.

Well- they require the same resolution on all monitors- This has been the case since the beginning and its well documented that all displays default to the resolution of the lowest res display. The bezel correction I can't help you since I don't have 3 displays yet.

I understand that. That's why i said it makes my 1920x1200 a 1920x1080 resolution when the Eyefinity group is created.

Eyefinity works fine, it's just the bezel correction that I can't get to work.

Still can't get bezel management working with my 3 monitors :mad:

I have 2x 24" Dell S2409W @1080 and 1x24" Dell E248WFP @ 1200.

When I create my Eyefinity group it turns the E248WFP to 1920x1080 so all monitors are at the same resolution.

This really sucks. Anyone have any insight?

If you mix panel types you might have a problem using bezel management in its current driver implementation. Your EDID must be different on your one monitor causing bezel compenstation to fail. Check out the WSGF forum for help on this. http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum. They talk about EDID spoofing to match them , but since i don't have a current Eyefinity setup i cannot comment on this.

Last edited:
Drivers seem good so far but still don't fix the 2 monitor overclocking issues with screen flicker. Hopefully this isn't a problem when my Eyefinity setup arrives this Friday.. 3x U2410s mmm.

I cant even install this driver, that one I am downloading seems to be only for mobility radeons, even though I downloded it right under the link for desktop cards. can't even install through the device manager. Really dont know what the issue is, driver refuses to install.

No change on the non-identical monitor front for Bezel. I got two u2410's and one 2408 and it still wont come up.

downloaded and just installed 10.3a over the 10.2 drivers... no issues at all.

for the heck of it I ran the dirt2 benchmark before and after the 10.3a install

before

avg 51.0 fps
min 42.7 fps

after

avg 59.8 fps 14.7% increase
min 52.5 fps 18.7% increase

not bad at all for a driver update.... haven't played any other games yet, but I will fire up bfbc2 soon.

i still cant install the driver, when I install it, it doesn't seem to recognize my card, all it wants to install is the ati install manager. 10.2 installs fine, I guess I would wait for the official one.

I am having trouble enabling bezel management with my new driver I downloaded.
Here is a screenshot of the info page stating I am on the new driver:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1545535/ATI driver info screen.jpg

I had to look up a youtube video that showed where the setting is visible.
If I understand correctly what you do is create your eyefinity group, arrange the displays correctly by clicking the blue monitors to create the group then you will br prompted about the bezel management.

I do not get that choice.

Is there another way of doing this.

Thanks for the help :)
D A N N Y

On the d/l link it states "ATI Catalyst 10.3 Preview Driver", on HardOCP it states "Catalyst 10.3a Preview" so is the one your linking too just the old preview from February, if not how do you know? Especially since I see no date/time state on that d/l page.

NvM the d/l file reads;ati_catalyst_10.3a_preview_64-bit_win7_vista_march16

Last edited:
when I was downloading the file yesterday it wasn't named as above, but late last night I downloaded again and I think the file was fixed to the name above as specified, before it said 10.3mbility, even when I clicked 64bit under desktop cards. but it seems that it got fixed.

I like that ATI is really pushing multimonitor support and supports open standards for physics and 3D technology, instead of Nvidia's closed interpretation. Good show, ATI.

Back