Catalyst 10.2 is out

Snowknight26

Supreme [H]ardness
Release Notes: http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/Catalyst_102_release_notes.pdf

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx ->

Full Suite
Vista/Windows 7 x64: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/10-2_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe
Vista/Windows 7 x86: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/10-2_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe

XP x64: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/10-2_xp64_dd_ccc_enu.exe
XP x86: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/10-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe

Although it doesn't show 10.2 quite yet, if you edit the HTML for the button to point to 10-2 instead of 10-1, the link works. If you don't want to do that you have to make sure you have the right referer, otherwise the links won't work. As always, you can wait for the page to reflect 10-2 if you don't want to bother with this. :p

Last edited:
Nice, says it fixed the display power save issue. Will test when I get off work.

Can't wait to download when I get home :D

BUT... am I reading this correctly?

"""Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations
The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity
configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional GPUs for increased
gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups.
Supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, ATI
Radeon™ HD 5700 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5600 Series."" -RELEASE NOTES

I still have to run 9.12HF (which i am on now) for my XF and EF setup?

I thought 10.2 fixed this ????

Can't wait to download when I get home :D

BUT... am I reading this correctly?

"""Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations
The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity
configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional GPUs for increased
gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups.
Supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, ATI
Radeon™ HD 5700 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5600 Series."" -RELEASE NOTES

I still have to run 9.12HF (which i am on now) for my XF and EF setup?

I thought 10.2 fixed this ????

It does I think they copied the notes from the 9.12 and forgot to change it.

So is the Mass Effect 2 CrossfireX AA hotfix that came out between 10.1 and 10.2 rolled into the 10.2 update? It's not in the notes that I saw

Can anybody confirm the low power state bug is fixed in these? (10.1's failed to turn off the monitor when entering sleep).

any 5750 users benchmark results from 10.1 to 10.2?
i had the hotfix, is it worth it?

RAH, I think they've put a fix in these drivers for crossfire causing flickering textures in BFBC2 \o/

I know they did BFBC2 updates last night but I'm sure that was just server stuff, fairly sure my client hasn't updated...

RAH, I think they've put a fix in these drivers for crossfire causing flickering textures in BFBC2 \o/

I know they did BFBC2 updates last night but I'm sure that was just server stuff, fairly sure my client hasn't updated...

Nah, not fixed for me, even flickering after I installed the profiles. BTW. Any release notes or something like that for the profiles? It installs but thats it...

Can anybody confirm the low power state bug is fixed in these? (10.1's failed to turn off the monitor when entering sleep).

HAHA ya I had that problem with my Eyefinity setup ... would sleep and all monitors would be blank but ON :rolleyes:

Do they do any testing before they cast out these drivers? Or I guess that is what we are for? And most people just complain.

I try not to complain, I try to find a solution... that is why I am on 9.12HF... tell I test 10.2

Nah, not fixed for me, even flickering after I installed the profiles. BTW. Any release notes or something like that for the profiles? It installs but thats it...

You're right i confirmed that the driver hadn't installed correctly and only 1 GPU was running on all my games, it's a stupid bug with cats not installing correctly when you have visual studio installed, REALLY IRRITATING!

Last edited:
I read these are much better with CF and EF on WSGF... coolness :cool: but I guess not for everyone.. sorry PrincessFrosty.. :(

i can confirm that the 10.2 drivers fix the monitor sleep mode problem (for me anyways). i tested it 3 times and all 3 screens went into sleep mode and resumed without any graphic problems. pheeew. one point of interestthough.... i uninstalled the 10.1 hf then used driver sweeper. used the 10.2 complete package, express install.after your done the install double check your sound device. ati decided to install the dp audio device as default instead of asking us. so audio in some games didnt work. after a quick panic and some random curse words i decided to check the sound stuff and found the problem. reset my default audio device to my x-fi gamer and all seems to be well again. tested 2 races in dirt 2 and nfs:shift. both seem to run fine. i didnt notice any fps gain but it could just be me. as long as they dont dip im a happy camper.so im crossing my fingers. im just hoping they didnt break crossfire as thats my next planned upgrade. thanks for fixing the sleep mode. now i can relax.

Does these drivers break MSIs afterburner tool for anyone, the voltage isn't available anymore and the fan doesn't read correctly, although I can still change the clocks, tried my old 1.41 and the new 1.50 :/

Does these drivers break MSIs afterburner tool for anyone, the voltage isn't available anymore and the fan doesn't read correctly, although I can still change the clocks, tried my old 1.41 and the new 1.50 :/

im using 1.42 and i dont notice anything different since i installed the 10.2.

i did however turn it off and disable autostart before i installed the 10.2 drivers to make sure there wasnt conflicts. then i turned afterburner back on. restarted to make sure and it seems to be working. i could hear it throttling the fan so i know that works. only thing thats blanked out is the shader clock, but im not oc'ing my card anyway.hmm. come to think about it i hope that doesnt mean my shader clock is turned off......can anyone shed light on this?

Nah Ive never been able to use my shader clock, that's normal for Afterburner that I can see. Actually I've just realised that the fan is controlable, but the core voltage still isn't. Bit frustrated now.

apparently 1.50 installs with the voltage locked by default. you can apparently unlock it in settings.

Should I install the 10.2 drivers then install the CrossfireX application Profiles after?

Working correctly for me now. Was not with the 10.1s. Also appear to have fixed F@H causing an immediate hard lock. weeeee

Can anyone confirm if the ATI HDMI Audio Driver was updated to a new version in this release?

I can confirm this.

I believe these are based off of the new drivers that were just posted on Realtek's website.

The new drivers in the 10.2 package behave exactly like the new drivers on the Realtek page, for me. The old driver gave me massive distortion and caused the channels to bounce around (from front to rear) when high bit rate settings were used with PCM. The channel drops and random switching are still there (while multitasking with PCM playing) but the distortion has been reduced significantly and almost fixed.

Will this do anything for a 4890? Its running smooth as of right now, but i was just wondering if i should upgrade the drivers, bc with ATI sometimes i have had problems after updating.

i know some people saw some performance gains in the 9.12 drivers for the 4k series.. but the majority of improvements in drivers now will be for the 5k series.. but you can always try them anyways.. if they dont work.. clean out the new drivers and reinstall the old ones that were working fine for you..

It's fixed in the most recent BC2 client, which you won't see until the game is released, most probably. See fix notes in the BC2 forums. They have optimised HBAO performance too.

It's fixed in the most recent BC2 client, which you won't see until the game is released, most probably. See fix notes in the BC2 forums. They have optimised HBAO performance too.

Yeah thats good, it was a mistake thinking the drivers had fixed it, I was just running in single GPU mode due to driver installation problem.

These are working great for me. Xfire + eyefinity is working in the several games I've tried

Performance for me has been good. Vsync has been weird, but turning it off has actually given me fewer screen tears than expected, too.
I really just can't figure out why ATI and Nvidia seem to have implimented Vsync so differently. I always figured it was black and white, but it seems like every ATI driver release affects mine differently.

Same deal here! well it was on a fresh WIN 7 x64 install, but i get crazy corruptionwith 10.2's... 10.1 worked fine with Win 7 RC1...anybody else not working?

Back