Catalyst 10.1 is out

Thanks for the heads up... I will try them out as soon as I get home

I just got my eyefinity setup,.... and I am dieing for so many things to be fixed

games are so buggy

reading the release notes now... hope they fixed at least the Dirt 2 bugs I have been experiencing.

Thanks again

Thanks.

10point1.gif

Hmm, seems they fixed the leak: "We're sorry, but this download request cannot be authorized. As an option, you may visit any of the pages below for information about our services and products" EDIT: criccio beat me to it :) Any chance someone would upload it somewhere? :D

Hmm, seems they fixed the leak: "We're sorry, but this download request cannot be authorized. As an option, you may visit any of the pages below for information about our services and products" EDIT: criccio beat me to it :) Any chance someone would upload it somewhere? :D

It still works, just have to have the right referer... or wait a bit for the page to show 10.1.

Release notes don't say anything about crossfire eyefinity support. Anyone know if they have this in, or should I stick to 9.12 hotfix?

DLing now... won't be able to test until tonight though... work work work... I really need to win the lottery. :p

Performance Improvements
The following performance gains are noticed with this release of ATI Catalyst™ 10.1:
�� Left 4 Dead 2 – Overall performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon™
HD 5700 series products and ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series products
�� Crysis – Performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series
products and as much as 4% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series products

Resolved Issues for All Windows Operating Systems
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™
Software Suite for Windows. These include:
�� Confirmation dialog box will now appear while extending the display through ATI
Catalyst™ Control Center
�� "Enable Manual Fan Control" check box will now be checked when utilizing external
tools to apply fan speed
ATI Catalyst™ Release Note Version 10.1 5
�� [ATI Catalyst™ Control Center] The display order will now reflect changes properly
when Eyefinity is re-arranged while desktop is rotated to portrait mode
�� Hot unplugging one of the displays in an Eyefinity configuration no longer causes
rotation modes to disappear from ATI Catalyst™ Control Center

10.1 isnt showing up on my updated catalys control. will that resolve in a bit?

Same here. In the installer for 10.1, it said that CCC is already installed and up to date. Seems this only updated the driver itself and not CCC.

Performance Improvements

The following performance gains are noticed with this release of ATI Catalyst™ 10.1:

Left 4 Dead 2 – Overall performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series products and ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series products

Crysis – Performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series products and as much as 4% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series products

Resolved Issues for All Windows Operating Systems

This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™
Software Suite for Windows. These include:

Confirmation dialog box will now appear while extending the display through ATI Catalyst™ Control Center

"Enable Manual Fan Control" check box will now be checked when utilizing external tools to apply fan speed

[ATI Catalyst™ Control Center] The display order will now reflect changes properly when Eyefinity is re-arranged while desktop is rotated to portrait mode

Hot unplugging one of the displays in an Eyefinity configuration no longer causes rotation modes to disappear from ATI Catalyst™ Control Center

Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System

This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite for Windows 7. These include:

[ATI Catalyst™ Control Center] Enabling LCD Overdrive will no longer cause mouse cursor to magnify when moved overtop of the "Calibration Preview"

DisplayPort™ "Lower Setting Applied" and "Link Failure" messages will no longer appear after driver installation and reboot with DP displays connected to the mini DP port

Firefox now works properly and video no longer drop frames when playing Youtube clips with Adobe Flash Player 10

CrossFire™ logo now appears properly in CFX enabled applications like "3DMark Vantage" or "Call of Juarez"

ATI Catalyst™ Control Center] Newly added custom modes will now appear properly in desktop area tree view

Confirmation dialogue window will now appear when setting up Eyefinity mode

120 Hz is no longer missing from display modes for specific digital displays

Specific configurations will no longer cause Ubisoft "Wheelman" to stop responding during gameplay

Loss of HDMI signal may no longer occurs when viewing Blu-ray content, and rescanning for the HDMI signal no longer cause the entire screen to shift and display a green border

Overscan/underscan issue no longer occurs when setting displays to HDTV modes

Performance drop no longer observed during some scenes of Resident Evil 5 cinematics

Blocky grass and trees no longer visible in Unigine "Heaven" in OpenGL mode

Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System

Software Suite for Windows Vista. These include:

Changing basic color settings will now reflect properly during playback with Adobe Flash Player using Internet Explorer or Firefox

The right side of HD progressive playback screen will no longer freeze while enabling split screen mode and dynamic contrast

Green horizontal line no longer visible at the top of the playback window when viewing SD HQV content with desktop resolution set to 25x16

Performance Improvements

Left 4 Dead 2 – Overall performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series products and ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series products

Crysis – Performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series products and as much as 4% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series products

3% gain on L4D2? That's like 1-2 FPS at 1920 x 1200. Garbage.

Still says I have 9.12 after I installed these new ones. what the hell?

EDIT: Whoops. Should of read the last few posts on the first page.

Uninstalled old drivers and installed these... no CCC when I right click desktop, its nowhere to be found... wtf

Great drivers!

L4D2 bug with multi-GPU cards (5970) where the framerate drops to 2fps until you ALT-TAB, on loading a new stage, is fixed in this release.

Also there are lower Eyefinity resolutions available that have the correct aspect ratio, which means you can get your DX11 on in Dirt2 at a slightly lower res and get silky framerates still. My 5760x1080 native offered up 4800x900, which was enough of a drop to get me the High preset in Dirt2 in Eyefinity, along with the DX11 effects.

EDIT: Ok scratch that. The displays now refuse to go to sleep.

Last edited:
According to CM they have corrected the 10.1 missing issue. I will probably install these when I get home. :)

Ah yes but the question is, will my fps in WoW go up? I cant take raiding with 140's fps, must have moar!

But seriously, I have been running 9.2 forever, is there any reason to upgrade drivers if its been running smooth?

So even though it shows Catalyst™ Version 09.12 after installing these it is is really 10.1?

Release notes don't say anything about crossfire eyefinity support. Anyone know if they have this in, or should I stick to 9.12 hotfix?

From what I understand 9.12 fixed the problem and 10.1 still works... Don't see why they would work on 9.12 but not on 10.1 :confused:

Check under the information section in for the driver version. 9.12 Hotfix says 8.68 these should report 8.69 or possibly 8.70.

You'll know then which driver version you have.

This is what it says after downloaded and installing 3 times. I have done clean install each time.

Driver Packaging Version 8.69-091211a-094296C-ATI
Catalyst™ Version 09.12
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.994
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0002
Direct3D Version 8.14.10.0723
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.9252
Catalyst™ Control Center Version 2009.1211.1547.28237

These are the drivers I am downloading it says they are 10.1

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/windows-7-64bit

This is what it says after downloaded and installing 3 times. I have done clean install each time.

Catalyst™ Version 09.12
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0002

8.69 is correct. Those are 10.1's

Catalyst™ Version 09.12

Don't worry about the cat version. Look at the Driver Package Version. 8.69 signifies a new driver. The real 9.12's are 8.68.

win 7 demo ran 3x swamp demo i made

l4d2
cat9.12 hot fix

128.23 fps

130.42 fps

bit of improvement

I think I'll skip 10.1...according to Catalyst Maker versions 10.2 and 10.3 will have some major new features including profiles!! :D

I think I'll skip 10.1...according to Catalyst Maker versions 10.2 and 10.3 will have some major new features including profiles!! :D

I think those along with bezel management and the like are being beta tested at the moment. Who knows when they will be ready for prime time.

im more concern on stability on eyefinity and xfire support than a 2+ fps increase

Thank u... that is what I want....

WHO THE FREAK CARES!!!! about 2 more FPS on L4D 2 or CRYSIS for that matter even

how about fixing all the issues with Eyefinity... Xfire.... est

Back