CAT 11.6... you suck!!!

scorpio110367

Limp Gawd
This set of drivers suck big time... numerous BSOD's, Tropics 1.2, Heaven 2.1, and Heaven 2.5 just didn't wanna run right. Furmark scores were horrible... and then, to top it all off couldn't get into my desktop because of all the BSOD's. Had to start from scratch again with the OS install, updates, and installing all of my programs. What a waste of time. Luckily CAT 11.5 is working wonders for me.:D

Alrighty then, I guess I'll sit on the drivers I currently have until next time around. :)

11.6 actually improved responsiveness in Crysis2 and BC2 for me. All other games/Apps are running as they should be.

Drivers are fickle animals I find. I've had my hair-pulling moments with both red and green team's drivers.

My rig puked on the 11.6 drivers as well. Went back to 11.5a and stability immediately returned.

Guess I'm glad I decided to stick with 11.5. Not that my 5870 would see much of a difference...

Except for the mouse-lag in the corner of my screen, all driver versions have been working fairly well for me for the last few years.

This set of drivers suck big time... numerous BSOD's, Tropics 1.2, Heaven 2.1, and Heaven 2.5 just didn't wanna run right. Furmark scores were horrible... and then, to top it all off couldn't get into my desktop because of all the BSOD's. Had to start from scratch again with the OS install, updates, and installing all of my programs. What a waste of time. Luckily CAT 11.5 is working wonders for me.:D

I get tons os bsod's with 11.6, I was perfrectly fine on 11.5. 11.6 is crap.

For the people who are getting bsod's, do they they occur at random times or do they always occur at the same spots (i.e. - exit a certain game)?

For the people who are getting bsod's, do they they occur at random times or do they always occur at the same spots (i.e. - exit a certain game)?

For me it's random, I won't even be gaming just browsing the internet and it will happen.

Strangly never had any driver issues until 11.6. Both the 5770 Xfires and the 4250 integrated just sucked with these.

Had to go back a driver.

So I realized I was having the mouse lag issue and updated to 11.5b. Still having the issue, but it's not as severe. Good thing I don't use that corner, eh? :|

Running 11.6 now. It's actually more stable than it was with 11.5. I was getting random crashes with major screen corruption on 11.5. New drivers fixed the problem.

I installed 11.6 before my second play through of The Witcher2 and had zero issues for the first couple of weeks while playing The Witcher 2, Dirt 2, and a couple of demos during the steam sale.

After I finished that play through of TW2 I started playing Saints Row 2 which is a buggy game. SR2 has known issues with crashing during certain cut scenes and while going through your wardrobe that I was experiencing, the interesting thing is that about 1/4 of the time it would BSOD(atikmdag.sys) instead of CTD. I went back to the 11.4 preview driver I had been using before and never had another BSOD.

It also seems like performance is better with 11.6 but IQ is better with 11.4p. I noticed the difference first in TW2 after switching to 11.6 but I thought it was due to specific optimizations for TW2, however after switching back to 11.4p I noticed a difference in SR2 as well.

Going into the desktop is when I get BSOD's... the 11.5's I'm on is stable for me. 11.6 drivers would get lost all of a sudden, then Windows recover. Crappy... will have to try the 11.7's when they come out.

i had the same BSOD issues with CAT 11.6, and 11.5 worked just fine, im on a 5770. so Today, I just downloaded and upgraded from 11.5 to 11.7 preview, loading up BC2 now to see if they're any better :)

Another case of pebcak

Very likely.
Maybe 11.6 pushes the cards a bit more, and if they were OCed... that results in BSOD.
If you are having problems, just drop down your OC a bit, and see if it improves.

Back