Case with good cable management and air flow?

V4oLDbOY

Gawd
I am looking to upgrade my mATX case to an ATX case. I'll still use mt mATX board, at least until I need to crossfire or something.

My mATX case is great, cooler master, its small and has enough room for fans and stuff. But now I just purchased an HD 5850 and I am adding another HDD.

So there is just not enough room now.

My main concerns are air flow and cable management. Thats it really. I dont need any fancy lights, esata, or anything. Just the basics. Anyone own one they could recommend?

uhh, I should have mentioned a price limit that is reasonably sane.

That thing is indeed a beast.

Yeah it's a bit expensive. They have a smaller case coming out soon...I have to say I haven't done much research on cases but I'm hearing a lot of good things about Corsair. They're new to the case market but it seems like a lot of people are happy.

Yeah it's a bit expensive. They have a smaller case coming out soon...I have to say I haven't done much research on cases but I'm hearing a lot of good things about Corsair. They're new to the case market but it seems like a lot of people are happy.

Yup, the 600T is coming soon: http://www.corsair.com/products/600t/default.aspx

Its kind of crazy what a good job Corsair has done with their first cases out of the gate. So well thought out and designed, none of the BS and poor decisions you see with 99% of the cases out there.

$50 - NZXT M59 ATX Case
$70 - Lian Li Lancool PC-K56 ATX Case
$70 - Cooler Master RC-590-KKN1-GP ATX Case
$80 - Cooler Master RC-690-KKN1-GP ATX Case
$70 - Cooler Master CM690 II ATX Case
$90 - Cooler Master HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP ATX Case
$100 - Lian Li PC-7B Plus II ATX Case
$100 - Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B ATX Case
$110 - Lian Li PC-7FN ATX Case
$120 - Velocity Micro GX2-W Silver Classic Aluminum Case with Side Window
$130 - Cooler Master Storm Sniper ATX Case
$130 - Cooler Master HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP ATX Case

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Since you like the quality of your current CoolerMaster case, I'd recommend the CoolerMaster HAF 932. It's big, but it has great airflow, the best cable management I've seen and I personally think it looks great. Best of all, it's been on sale for $129.99 lately at Newegg and Microcenter. Not sure if it is still on sale, but if so it's a great price for an awesome case. The only downside I can think of is you have to blow the case out pretty often since there are no filters on the fans, but that's pretty easy to do.

Yup, the 600T is coming soon: http://www.corsair.com/products/600t/default.aspx

Its kind of crazy what a good job Corsair has done with their first cases out of the gate. So well thought out and designed, none of the BS and poor decisions you see with 99% of the cases out there.

I know right? I think it's due in large part to the fact that they actually listen to the community. They have a rep in this very forum asking for input on their new 600T so they can make adjustments on future models...very cool.

$50 - NZXT M59 ATX Case
$70 - Lian Li Lancool PC-K56 ATX Case
$70 - Cooler Master RC-590-KKN1-GP ATX Case
$80 - Cooler Master RC-690-KKN1-GP ATX Case
$70 - Cooler Master CM690 II ATX Case
$90 - Cooler Master HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP ATX Case
$100 - Lian Li PC-7B Plus II ATX Case
$100 - Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B ATX Case
$110 - Lian Li PC-7FN ATX Case
$120 - Velocity Micro GX2-W Silver Classic Aluminum Case with Side Window
$130 - Cooler Master Storm Sniper ATX Case
$130 - Cooler Master HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP ATX Case

Good recommendations here for the price range.

But if you want to go above $130, the Silverstone RV02 @ $160~, CM HAF X @ $200, and Silverstone FT02 @ $225 all offer great airflow. Can't compete with the 800D in the cable management department, but then again it's not a good vs bad thing but more of a great vs phenomenal thing if you know what I'm talking about.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
But if you want to go above $130, the Silverstone RV02 @ $160~, CM HAF X @ $200, and Silverstone FT02 @ $225 all offer great airflow. Can't compete with the 800D in the cable management department, but then again it's not a good vs bad thing but more of a great vs phenomenal thing if you know what I'm talking about.

What do you mean the rv/ft02 can't compete with the 800d in cable management?

so far my pick is the cooler master rc-692

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=3891137&SID=194r0

not priced too high, cable management, and I like that the PSU is at the bottom. would make it easier to run the power cable to my strip. I'll keep looking but for now this one is in my price range and feature range.

thanks danny, you gave me good recommendations before too.

can anyone reccommend this case. Seems like something I might like.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133179

Last edited:
It's just a black and red version of the Coolermaster RC-335 line of cases.

It's an ok case. However at $60 shipped, it's a bad buy considering that the significantly better RC-692 II is only $10.

It's just a black and red version of the Coolermaster RC-335 line of cases.

It's an ok case. However at $60 shipped, it's a bad buy considering that the significantly better RC-692 II is only $10.

which one are you referring too?

the v4 is $35 at microcenter after rebate. I just use newegg since it is the easiest to see the product.

which one are you referring too?

the v4 is $35 at microcenter after rebate. I just use newegg since it is the easiest to see the product.

$50 - Cooler Master Elite 335 RC-335-KKN1-GP ATX Case

The internals of that V4 is similar to this other Thermaltake:
$50 - Thermaltake WingRS 201 VJ60001N2Z ATX Case

What's the actual price of that V4?

Back