Case fan recommendations?

1Wolf

Limp Gawd
I've got an NZXT Switch 810 case and an ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard. I'd like to take advantage of the additional Fan Xpert fan controls I've read about for the ASUS mobo...so that the Mobo can spool the fans up and down as it sees fit.

I'm guessing I'll need PWM fans for that (Please correct me if I'm using the wrong terminology)...so I was thinking of replacing the 140mm NZXT fans that came with the case with fans that would work with my Mobo and, overall, be better fans.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

I get Yate Loons for $2.50 each plus shipping. They're fine for 95% of cooling needs.

I get Yate Loons for $2.50 each plus shipping. They're fine for 95% of cooling needs.

I would buy the better yates with the lager motor that jab-tech sells for $5 a pop.

For a 140mm pwm. I've been hearing good things about the cougar vortex which can be found for a reasonable cost.

I would buy the better yates with the lager motor that jab-tech sells for $5 a pop.
Yeah, I've always used and suggested the Yates. They are a damn good value. Believe I got the blue led ones from Jab-Tech. Also bought a bunch of WC stuff so I definitely recommend them.

How much are you looking to spend, anyway? Fans can get pretty costly.

A friend and I each bought a bunch of jab-tech high speed yate loon's, they quickly began to fade in performance. RPM's went to crap & the noise picked up. Added fresh lube and all. Replaced them with Bgears B-Blasters, very happy with them. (not PWM though)

Look into the TY-140

A friend and I each bought a bunch of jab-tech high speed yate loon's, they quickly began to fade in performance. RPM's went to crap & the noise picked up. Added fresh lube and all. Replaced them with Bgears B-Blasters, very happy with them. (not PWM though)

Look into the TY-140

Did he buy the cheap ones or did he buy the ones labeled "direct from yate loon"?

Don't think so, they came as OEM as can be via jab-tech. Exactly as they are right now I believe.

Well, they have two different types. One does have a sticker on both sides while the other doesn't. Thats just the most obvious difference.

How are the yate 120's?
Or should I just get GTs?

They aren't in the same league. The yates are good, cheap fans. They're good enough for anything. They make decent case fans and they work well on rads and heatsinks.

On the other hand the GTs make excellent radiator and heatsink fans. They put out a lot of static pressure at a relatively low noise. Although they do have a sound profile that some people don't like. Those people seem to be in the minority though.

There are also options in the middle like the thermalright fdb which is something that I would lean towards.

For a 140mm pwm like the op was looking for, the 140mm thermalright that someone mentioned earlier was an excellent suggestion.

The cougars are quite quiet for 120's with 70+ CFM. Also have a wicked MTBF of 300,000hrs if you get the better ones. All though I hear they cannot be mounted horizontally. But I did read they are supposedly fixing that in the newer ones...?

depends you want raw power and dont care bout noise.... the loons and San are perfectly fittin
you want less vrooooom but more quite no question Noctua is tha way to go
Akasa has some nice in between products too

PS>yates are very very overrated

Arctic Cooling PWM's. I've got my case fully loaded with them and they are silent at lower RPM.

Back