• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Case fan cable issue

Luni

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2011
Messages
156
So I bought 3 120MM fans to install in my PC as intakes but I came across a small issue. The fans I got have female 4 pin connectors, and I have no more slots for fans on my motherboard is there a way to turn those female 4 pin connectors into something else usable? If so what the deuce is it called and how much is it?
 
It's called a PWN splitter:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119248

Or if you want to get some more classy/high-tech, get a fan controller with 4 pin fan support like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992012

Do note that you technically don't need to connect all four pins to get the fans to spin up. So if you still have 3Pin connectors on your motherboard, IIRC, you just have to connect the first three Pins of the 4Pin fan to the motherboard.
 
^^That's right. All four do not have to be plugged in.
 
Yeah, I just don't have any ports left on my mobo for fans. Glad that cable can have 2 fans hooked to it lol. Will have to buy it post haste.
 
Back
Top