• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Card Time

Linkz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
362
Hello all my GenHard friends. I have 4 graphics cards and I would like ya'll input on:

1. Which really has the best graphics?
2. Which will be the coolest temp wise?
3. Which is actually worth the money? (i.e. Paying too much for something a cheaper card will equally do)
4. Any other cards or info ya'll have.

I have an I7 a 620 watt PSU and currentlly a EVGA nVidia 9800 gx2

Here they are:

1. XFX - ATI Radeon HD 5770

2. XFX - ATI Radeon HD 5750

3. PNY Technologies - NVIDIA GeForce XLR8 GTX 465

4. PNY - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
 
The GTX 470 is the fastest most powerful among the list. The HD 5750 will be the coolest running. But, it's also the slowest among the others listed. What resolution and size monitor do you have?
 
Is there a reason why you're buying those video cards from Best Buy only? You have some gift certificates or something?
 
The GTX 465 1GB is not that impressive for its price. There are cases where it fell short to the performance of the GTX 275. You might as well shoot for the GTX 470. You're PSU is the Antec Neo ECO 620 or the Corsair 620HX? If you have either PSU, it will handle this video card.
 
Yes I do have the Corsair 620HX. What about if I overclocked the Radeon HD 5770?
 
O/C the 5770 video card? You should make it pull within the performance of a Radeon HD 4890 1GB performance. I think overall, since you're coming from a 9800GX2 video card, you should have more consistent frame-rates with the Radeon HD 5770 video card.

By the way, how is gaming performance with your 9800gx2 right now?
 
Its fantastic! The real only downfall is it overheats and will BSOD my comp.
 
Well just about. But yes.

In that case, you should get the GTX 470. Even if you O/C the Radeon 5770, it won't be that much of an upgrade over a 9800gx2

But, I guess it also depends on how high the video settings you want and what games you play.

The GTX 470 however, will give you a pretty big performance boost over the Radeon 5770.
 
I Wouldnt get anything right now.. I would just wait a bit for them to get a GTX460.. Although the 465 & 470 may be faster cards I personally wouldn't put one in my system & deal with the excess heat & power requirements.
 
Back
Top