Can't wait to see how this does on the cards!

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
I'm going to use this heatsink on my 8800GT's:

(Spanish review) http://foros.tecnycenter.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=372

Picture of it mounted on a 7900GT (Thermaltake ND1):

thermaltakend1062xs1wf3.jpg

Pulls air over the MOSFETs from the bottom of the fan (also takes air in from the top :p nice big fan), goes through two-heatpipe/copper-base beefy beatsink that also covers the RAM, and out the rear of the system as an exhaust. It also comes with a few low-profile sinks should I need them for the MOSFETs in any case. It's designed for 7800/7900GT cards, so I'm hoping it fits... have one coming in alongside my two 8800GT 512 eVGA's, will let everyone know if it works properly (I imagine it would). It's basically like a nicer 8800GTX cooler :D. If it works properly (and comes back in-stock soon!) I'll grab a second one for the other card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106090

Seeing as how some people have gotten 710+ clocks on the stock cooler with REALLY high temps limiting them, I can't wait to see how this does on the cards!

YOU ARE FUCKING CRAZY!

do two. because i would LOVE to see a picture of that bitch in SLI, how big is that thing?!

Looks like it takes three slots on the motherboard, LOL. Nuts.

dude, you gonna need a M-atx board for that bitch(MEGA-atx)

youre crazy, but in all seriousness if it all works im ordering 2 from the egg

I'm not sure all these coolers made for the 7900 series will do well... The 8800GT seems to run hotter than any of them.

its a cheap spin off of the nv silencers

I dont see how you can get "cheaper" than the NV Silencer... that thing didnt contact VRAM for shite. My poor 6800GT... :(
Hopefully Thermaltake did a better job.

These kinds of designs look good. But if there is anything physically different about your cards board or if the heatsinks base if off, your screwed.

I'm not sure all these coolers made for the 7900 series will do well... The 8800GT seems to run a lot hotter than any of them.

A heatsink is a heatsink regardless of its mounting bracket ;)... look at the design.

To the poster above calling it a "cheap knock-off", we will see once it comes in... but the design is just like them, which is perfect technically, just need a good build quality.

A heatsink is a heatsink regardless of its mounting bracket ;)... look at the design.

To the poster above calling it a "cheap knock-off", we will see once it comes in... but the design is just like them, which is perfect technically, just need a good build quality.

Ok, best of luck.

Ok, best of luck.

Thanks, but I won't need it...

This is an 8800GTS/GTX heatsink:

foxconn8800gtsheatsinkvk8.jpg

This is the Thermaltake ND1:

thermaltakend1016ww1ux8.jpg

As you can tell by the designs, they are nearly identical. The Thermaltake provides a slightly slower fan, but it is a slightly larger one as well, meaning close CFM. The heatpipes on the Thermaltake as well as the base are copper, and the heatpipe placement is a bit more efficient, with four passes vs. the GTX/GTS stock's three, plus they are copper. Their base point is right over the GPU, whereas the stock GTX/GTS one is spread more toward the RAM modules. Backpressure appears to be identical, possibly with a slight advantage to the Thermaltake due to the larger fan, and the dual-intake fan areas vs. just the top of the fan being able to take air in on the stock GTX/GTS blower. Mass-wise, the GTX/GTS cooler has an advantage, but again, only a small one. Even if you aren't acquainted with heatsink design, it is pretty easy to tell :).

EDIT: Actually, the Thermaltake is a little bigger mass/dimension-wise, so it wins on that too :eek:.

Wow. That is gay. But I've seen worse. I just was in a earthquake over an hour ago.

Back