• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can't play a single game using vista

tpfaff

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
2,526
With sig in rig using 32bit vista buisness and 8.33 Beta display drivers, I can't run any games. I can play Guild Wars with an average 10fps, I can't even play wc3. CSS runs at 10fps :mad: :( Any fixes? These are the newest drivers that I know of. ATI tool works with these drivers but I see no performance increase when overclocking to 450/600 over stock 400/490
 
Ouch, I really don't know. Not to incite a flame war, but it must be the drivers since the nVidia 100.54's work fine for me @ 621core/1460sp(shader)/2000ram on my 8800GTS with a BIOS flash in *everything* :(... I wouldn't stress over it for now, just wait for ATI to release better drivers.
 
Are you using the radeon drivers specifically for vista? I've been using vista 64 since July and I've never had problems with ati drivers. CSS actually runs great for me.
 
I haven't played with Vista since RC2, but HL2 ran great. I didn't notice any difference. Maybe reinstalling the drivers will help... or maybe another set.
 
The drivers are getting there... Still needs some work IMHO...

I don't know why 1950xtx and 1650xt are getting better fps while 1950pro is not.

I think both ATi and nVidia have a ways to go in terms of drivers.
However, SP1 for Vista might hold some performance increases as well.
 
Well 7.1 did absolutely nothing for and I'm officialy pissed off so bad I want to go on a rampage:mad:
 
that's pure bull crap.
1. there is a disparity between the x1950xtx and x1950pro using XP and vista. Inwhich the x1950 pro does1-2 FPS slower in Vista vs XP. So how do you justify the large jump in Vista vs XP when using x1950xtx. We are talking 14 FPS better in Vista then in XP? That's just pure crap!

2. Other websites have reviewed vista as 1-5 percent slower on average.

3. If you look at their own review between the cards in XP, again is another disparity between FPS in that review and the one you linked. Sure you can say different drivers, hardware, etc. but that's just a lame excuse. There are to many differences which promotes reasonable doubt to the test methods used in acquiring those results. This alone suggests that the test methods are flawed!
 
that's pure bull crap.
1. there is a disparity between the x1950xtx and x1950pro using XP and vista. Inwhich the x1950 pro does1-2 FPS slower in Vista vs XP. So how do you justify the large jump in Vista vs XP when using x1950xtx. We are talking 14 FPS better in Vista then in XP? That's just pure crap!

2. Other websites have reviewed vista as 1-5 percent slower on average.

3. If you look at their own review between the cards in XP, again is another disparity between FPS in that review and the one you linked. Sure you can say different drivers, hardware, etc. but that's just a lame excuse. There are to many differences which promotes reasonable doubt to the test methods used in acquiring those results. This alone suggests that the test methods are flawed!

Why not write you own review to prove them wrong? I don't write the #'s Firing Squad does.
 
Why not write you own review to prove them wrong? I don't write the #'s Firing Squad does.
Don't take it as me coming down on you, that's not my intention. I just want to enlighten you on other facts such as the link that I provided directly from them. In which XP's test results are higher then the test results in their most recent review of XP when benchmarking against Vista. Also the concerns of their 14 FPS jump in Vista using BF2 as the control, which hasn't been seen in any other review website.
 
Here is a pair of very updated reviews of gaming in vista, both using the latest forceware from Nvidia:
Techgage
DriverHeaven

Both of those were taken from the frontpage [H] article, and they show what most people have heard before: Vista isn't as quick overall in gaming as XP. I still think this is mostly to do with driver immaturity (Nvidia hasn't even enabled SLI in Vista yet....), but it's another reason why spending gobs of money to upgrade probably isn't the best choice right now.
 
Here is a pair of very updated reviews of gaming in vista, both using the latest forceware from Nvidia:
Techgage
DriverHeaven

Both of those were taken from the frontpage [H] article, and they show what most people have heard before: Vista isn't as quick overall in gaming as XP. I still think this is mostly to do with driver immaturity (Nvidia hasn't even enabled SLI in Vista yet....), but it's another reason why spending gobs of money to upgrade probably isn't the best choice right now.
THG
 
Don't take it as me coming down on you, that's not my intention. I just want to enlighten you on other facts such as the link that I provided directly from them. In which XP's test results are higher then the test results in their most recent review of XP when benchmarking against Vista. Also the concerns of their 14 FPS jump in Vista using BF2 as the control, which hasn't been seen in any other review website.

I'm not coming down on you either.. :p

I take reviews with a grain of salt as I compare bunch of websites before making an assumption.
 
I've got a copy of Windows Vista comming in later during the week. I'll be installing it on a seperate drive and not doing anything to my Raptor array which will be disconnected while Vista is in use.

I want to see for myself how well Vista will perform. Not having SLI enabled is very dissappointed. Those of us with SLI systems are the ones who like to stay ahead of the technological curve, or as close to it as we can. We are the guys who are most interested in Vista.

You'd think getting Vista drivers updated and working properly and with SLI would be a higher priority.
 
You'd think getting Vista drivers updated and working properly and with SLI would be a higher priority.

I'm sure it is.. but building drivers is not easy.
 
I'm sure it is.. but building drivers is not easy.

Agreed and from what I understand and have read the driver model for Vista is quite different and drivers that were compatible with Windows 2000 and Windows XP can't be used with Vista in any way shape or form.

(Not sure myself, I am not a driver or software develper.)
 
Does anyone know how to help me? I'm thinking of just reinstalling tonight, not that it would be any different from my first install:( But I guess I've got no other options
 
Does anyone know how to help me? I'm thinking of just reinstalling tonight, not that it would be any different from my first install:( But I guess I've got no other options

dual boot with XP until new drivers are available?
 
With sig in rig using 32bit vista buisness and 8.33 Beta display drivers, I can't run any games. I can play Guild Wars with an average 10fps, I can't even play wc3. CSS runs at 10fps :mad: :( Any fixes? These are the newest drivers that I know of. ATI tool works with these drivers but I see no performance increase when overclocking to 450/600 over stock 400/490

Not to be a dick but serves you right for jumping on the Idiotic Vista Bandwagon.
 
Those of us with (or who cannot afford) SLI systems are the ones who like to stay ahead of the technological curve, or as close to it as we can. We are the guys who are most interested in Vista.



... :rolleyes:
 
im runing vista buisness with x800 pro and latest drivers. Works beautiful. A little higher fps in WoW
 
Expect next months drivers to be better, these were just to get the initial support of Vista going. They are probably working on performance right now.
 
Wow, the number of posts in different threads, in different forums with "vista" problems is amazing.
 
Wow, the number of posts in different threads, in different forums with "vista" problems is amazing.
LOL

Well Vista is brand new, and has alot of changes. There are alot of challenges with hardware compatibility and all the drivers for it are fairly immature at this point. Plus no matter how much testing and validation the developers do, there are a number of system configurations that Vista was never tested with. It won't be too long before we start seeing alot of patches and in a few months, a serivce pack will likely be released.
 
It won't be too long before we start seeing alot of patches and in a few months, a serivce pack will likely be released.

That is when I expect to see a larger portion of [H] users switching. Drivers should be up to par, and any significant issues with Vista should be corrected.
 
That is when I expect to see a larger portion of [H] users switching. Drivers should be up to par, and any significant issues with Vista should be corrected.

There are going to be early adopters like myself, but I won't adopt it on my gaming rig until the performance problems with the video card drivers are addressed first. I'll test all my work related applications on my laptop while running Vista, and then IF they all work, or can be made to work with a reasonable amount of difficulty, then I will switch my main machine to Vista. Probably by installing everything to a different hard drive, then ghosting everything over to a Raptor if it works properly.

I've got a Windows XP Professional SP2 ghost image of my machine and all the necessary applications I run that I can restore back over at anytime as well.
 
Back
Top