Can't install Vista/XP on a SATA HDD on an A8N-SLI Deluxe

slyven

Limp Gawd
At this point I know it is a problem with the specific setup.

First: A while ago Hardocp posted a link to setting up an AMD PC. It used my Mobo and SATA drives so if I could get a link to that it should help me.

Ok, to the problem. I think because my SATA drives are on a RAID or something the cannot be detected when I am trying to install any operating system. My Main drive has been formated so I can't work with the problem from windows (now on a Back up IDE drive from another PC)

Anyone managed to install Vista on an A8N-SLI with SATA HDDs? I would look at the manual but it is complicated. I installed Vista on the back up drive but for some reason it can't boot up. I am stuck in safe mode. Its fine for surfing (it will kill my eyes at 60hz though.)

Do you have a SATA Driver disk?

Because Windows XP can't install on a SATA drive without a SATA driver disk. If you have a a SATA driver disk, when XP is setting up for the install, press F6 when it prompts you to.

Put in the disk, and off you go.

Well. I can get some nVidia drivers. But thats about it. This PC came Pre built with the configuration. But I will try that (not now though. On wenesday. In the mean time I will pick up all possible solutions.)

By the way, the drives are on a Silicon Images RAID. They are shown as Sil JBOD drives in the RAID manager (you can get there while booting.)

Same problem here installing Vista. Couldnt' get it to install because the F6 dance flies by too fast :( I'll try it again when I get back in town.

Back