• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Can't identify chipset voltage in BIOS

damonposey

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
2,320
what the frickity frack, this is wackity wack..(I'm hip to our youths' lingo!) I want to set the chipset voltage but I just am not sure which one it is. This is a gigabyte ep45-ud3r. The manual doesn't help either. Any ideas?

Maybe you might change something differetly in this situation though. I'm at 4.0ghz with an e8400 and im at 1.28 volts. memory stable, temps great. Prime gives an error after about 6 hours. Should I up the vcore higher before touching chipset voltage?

Picture.jpg
 
Righto, and its the MCH Core you want to play with first. The other affect the voltage levels of the data signals on the buss between the MCH/Northbridge and the CPU and typically are things you tweak when all other options are exhausted in trying to get the last drop of OCing. I recommend you leave them alone for now at least until you establish a nice fully stable OC based on CPU voltage, MCH core voltage, FSB, memory timings, multiplier and voltage. Once you get it as high as you can with those then maybe look at the data signal voltages. I say maybe because many times they hurt more than help.
 
Back
Top