Can't get Catalyst Control Center to install

I recently got a used Inspiron 6400 from another member here, installed Vista 64 bit on it, and everything is working fine.

The only problem I've had is that ATI CCC will not install. I've had to use modded ATI Catalyst drivers for the Mobility X1400 since Dell doesn't offer 64 bit drivers. I've even tried downloading just the CCC from ATI and installing that but no go. I'm not getting any errors, it just doesn't show that CCC is available to install.

Any advice?

The only reason I want it installed is to enable AA and AF for some old games I play.

Thanks for any help.

Use ATI tray tools. Better all around and you do not need .net to make it work. I have constantly had issues with CCC for about the last 3 releases. Zillions of people have no issues but some do despite all the standard "fixes" of using driver cleaner etc. I wasted 2 days on it and then had ATT up and running in 15 minutes. It is an easy way out and the game profiles are a simple way of making a shortcut that will run each game exactly as you wish. (save the stock video settings as a "stock" profile and you can have the game shortcut/profile revert back to stock settings and speeds when you leave the game. )

Got it figured out.

When I was using the Mobility Modder for the ATI drivers, I didn't have MSXML 4.0 installed so it wasn't properly modding the files.

Once I uninstalled the drivers, ran Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode, installed MSXML 4.0 SP2, then modded the drivers again everything installed like it was supposed to.

Back