Can't get ahead!

Buckus

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been stuck between position 142 and 150 for about six months now! What gives? I'm glad others are ramping up and passing me easily, but man, I sure could use a dual-core folding box right now to make any headway. Anyone care to donate?

I've been knocked down 4 or 5 places in the past week or two and I'm sitting at 184 on the team. I just keep getting steamrolled over. Part of that is due to my main producers having trouble lately. Power has been very erratic in the house my systems are at and was just fixed yesterday. At least, hopefully it's fixed. One of my borgs (same house) has been having trouble completing WUs lately and the client has been repeatedly turned off so it hasn't had much production lately. I reinstalled the client last night on that one since it was just reformatted. Hopefully it will be fine now and the client won't be shut off anymore.

I think my production should come back up by the beginning of next week. I sure hope so or I'm going to get my ass knocked back some more.

I think I need some X2 folding action myself. Too bad I can't afford it. So, if anyone has some extra X2's anytime soon you could pass it on to me. I'll take good care of it. :D

I feel the same way, I am still at 1047 and am being ran over by others passing right past me.

So I ask, what kind of numbers will I see once I get my 8-way P3 xeon server up and running. I mean 8x 700mhz at 2mb cache each processor.

I know how you all feel. I am stuck at 46th place, and will be here for awhile... There are a few people on my 6 coming up real fast.

i cant get out of 91st, i think ive been between 89 and 92 for the last 2 months or so...
I'm slowing down a bit too, my a/c has been broken for a few days, shut down about 12ghz :(

Know how you all feel. I'm gonna be stuck at #49 for awhile, at least until Diamond passes me up in about 3 weeks. Then back to #50.. oh well only 100K points before I pass someone else :rolleyes:

I'm stuck around 69 with about 4 people passing me at the moment. I guess we all find a place we finally get stuck at. As new guys come in they have faster systems and make points quicker. There is only a couple of answers. 1. Buy more/better systems; 2. Borg.

me, I just got my 3400+ back online after 3-4 weeks of being on the injured list due to some faulty memory.

Good luck!

Average number of PPD to stay in the top hundred has gone from 630 to 680 over the past few months. I don't see it going down (number found from looking at the top 24hour producers and taking the average of the 100th producer).

I was 69th for about a month or so... then Hito passed me.... and then 3 or 4 others did within about 2 days.... so I'm back to 72nd or 73rd.... I broke into the top 100 when I broke 100k points.... I have 3 times that now, and I'm in the lower 70s.... and the 100th place guy has almost 225k points.....

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

I have been sliding downhill as all my borgs are still shut off and it has taken longer to get their replacements up. The first should go up Saturday night as soon as I can get the realtec onboard audio to work under Pro x64 edition.

I've been stuck in 60th this week, and even though I'm double the average of #59, I haven't gained any ground in the past 2 days. I'm about to get mowed over by 4-5 people in the next couple of weeks as well. The top 60s is where I'll be stuck for a few weeks unless I can find a few more borgs.

Heh, I have been stuck around the 130 range for 6+ months. Never higher than about 128 never lower than about 133.

*shrugs* It seems to be about the equilibrium point with my output.

8)

Hopefully I can add an X2 rig in the next six months or so and start moving up.

I've noticed the same thing about the top 150. It's a little more cut-throat up here, but that makes it all the more fun and rewarding when you pass someone.

What amazes me is that the top 100 is up in the reaches of 200K+, hopefully I can make it up there before my chance passes me up!

I keep on reading the title to this thread and replacing the second a with any.

I must be in the same boat as Marty

Well for only doing this since May 3rd or so I need to Borg and Get High speed @ home so my farm can help me out.

unhappy_mage said:
Rub-a-dub-dub? :eek:

I guess I found the other thread.

For the record, u_m is K*/Oldbenwa/and myself's pimp. He's really a demanding master to serve.

Ha, I'll drag you down with the rest of us.

Back