Can't find Driver

zavier

Weaksauce
I recently purchased an LG 27 inch monitor model 27BL65U-W. I installed and I am running win 10. Looks great. I checked device manager and it shows that it's running Generic PnP monitor. The driver version is 10.0.18362.693 and is dated 6/21/2006. I click Update driver but it replies "The best drivers for your device are already installed." I checked the LG website for update drivers and can't find any.
Should I leave alone or can you guys locate a more recent driver for me ?

Thanks

I don't think I've installed a driver for a monitor since the late 90's.

Ok. No driver required. But I would like to adjust brigthness, contrast and color and I have no way to do it.
Also not sure if the front lower panel on the monitor opens. I tried but I hate to break it

Your help, comments appreciated
Thanks

Ok. No driver required. But I would like to adjust brigthness, contrast and color and I have no way to do it.
Also not sure if the front lower panel on the monitor opens. I tried but I hate to break it

Your help, comments appreciated
Thanks

Monitor brightness, contrast and color are configured on the monitor itself. Hasn't it always been this way? I pulled up the manual from the link pendragon1 linked and it goes into detail about how to use the on screen display and joystick control on your monitor.

Depending on the GPU, you can find some of those controls in AMD Radeon settings or the Nvidia control panel

Depending on the GPU, you can find some of those controls in AMD Radeon settings or the Nvidia control panel

Thanks. I found Intel Graphics Command Center. I can generate a new profile and configure the way I like it

Wait, why not adjust the display like you wanted? Are you aware of the onscreen display and the joystick control at the bottom of you monitor?

Wait, why not adjust the display like you wanted? Are you aware of the onscreen display and the joystick control at the bottom of you monitor?

I can't find the onscreen display or controls at the bottom of you monitor

[/QUOTE]

I can't find the onscreen display or controls at the bottom of you monitor

I'll link the manual directly, have you not read it by now? http://gscs-b2c.lge.com/downloadFile?fileId=S7M53lQH4pxDLUCR9JVw

Directly on the bottom of the display in the center, if you feel under there you'll likely find a tiny joystick you're supposed to manipulate to navigate the menu. Press it once to bring up the menu and all the adjustments you could want are right there.

I used to have to make my own monitor drivers 7-8 years ago. The EDID data from my AV receiver wouldn't pass certain types of audio unless I made a custom driver. I forget what programs I had to use, but it was a colossal pain. Luckily those days are long done.

Back