Cant boot from disc

Vasha

Weaksauce
Hello. I have a dg35ec, i know its a intel board but i was on a super budget and didnt want to over clock at time. Any ways i cant boot from the disc, I go to the bios and select boot from disc. I select dvd drive first ect and then press f10 which selects where to boot from. I click my dvd drive name and it just instead boots to hardrive.

Thanks.

Are you sure that you're using a bootable optical disc? If you're selecting the correct drive from the boot menu, it should boot from the disc without issue if possible.

But are you sure you burned it properly? The reason I ask is that it seems like you're doing everything right, so the only reason why it wouldn't work would be that the disc you're using isn't bootable.

If you are completely sure about the disc, then double-check all your connections, make sure the optical drive is connected securely, and double-check that you're picking the right one in the BIOS. If that fails, see if you can find another optical drive to test with.

Ok ill do that tommrow. Right now I have to go to bed, Yeah im pretty sure I burned it right. It can be read and launched without boot up but in order to run install it has to do so without being in a OS. So i assume so. I also am going to look into connections.

Thanks!

Ok tried again. Still not working. Do I have to do somthing special so I can make it a bootable disc? (IMGBURN)

Thanks.

edit: Apparently I skipped over this, Testing tomorrow morning.

Try using nero. You have to make sure you're not just burning the .iso file to the disc and are actually burning the image.

Try using nero. You have to make sure you're not just burning the .iso file to the disc and are actually burning the image.
Imgburn would have taken care of that though.

My last two thoughts are that either the image was not a proper bootable image, or that there is something wrong with your optical drive. Try another drive and see if that works, and if not, try redownloading the ISO, burn it on another disc, and try that.

Back