Canon stinks.

mwarps

Supreme [H]ardness
Okay, so maybe not their cameras, but their Photolithography Steppers do.

*rant*
I have spent 9 hours over the last week fighting with an Canon FPA-2000 i1. It won't align. It gets tilt errors. It gets lost in space. It eats wafers. It takes five minutes to turn on, and then you have to reset it again, which takes another five minutes. Someone get me an Excimer
Immersion Scanner, DAMNIT!
*/rant*

Do their cameras suck this bad? I wouldn't know, but if they do, people shouldn't rant about them.

Hm. If I knew what a Photolithography Stepper was, maybe I'd agree with you lol. But no, Canon's cameras are awesome. So are their printers. And their scanners. And their camcorders. I'm surprised that their Photolithography Steppers are bad. Whatever they are ;)

Is it old? Cos I used to have an ANCIENT canon printer and that was AWFUL.

I think he is talking about Micro-Electronics (fabrication of processors).

I've seen Canon equipment used in RIT's lab but not sure what they are used for :)

dreamnid said:
I think he is talking about Micro-Electronics (fabrication of processors).

I've seen Canon equipment used in RIT's lab but not sure what they are used for :)

Are you from the lovely frozen tundra? :p

Precisely what I was talking about :D

Steppers print little tiny pictures so that we can make ICs.

mwarps said:
Are you from the lovely frozen tundra? :p

LoL. But it is quite warm today and everything is melting so I wouldn't classify it as a frozen tundra. But hey, the pay should be good for you when you graduate :)

<-- Comp Eng. Tech

KevC said:
Hm. If I knew what a Photolithography Stepper was, maybe I'd agree with you lol. But no, Canon's cameras are awesome. So are their printers. And their scanners. And their camcorders. I'm surprised that their Photolithography Steppers are bad. Whatever they are ;)

Is it old? Cos I used to have an ANCIENT canon printer and that was AWFUL.

Not so sure about their camcorders though :p

dreamnid said:
Fabricating (making) Integrated Circuits (like CPUs, gates, etc.)
aahhh....since this was posted in the Photography and Video forum, we guessed that was what he was talking about.......

You make the little tiny things with a form of inverse photography :p
My stepper [machine that does the inverse funky photography] is made by Canon, whom we all know makes cameras. Its was meant more as a joke :p

Feel free to lock/close

Hello to my fellow RIT Students!
<-- New Media

I actually got to play with one of the stepper machines spring of last year for a Nanotechnology lab course. One section had us experimenting with a 4" wafer, starting off with vapor deposition and heading into lithography. It was really quite interesting, and my short time in the Microfab labs actually seems to have actually rubbed off on me. (And a damned fun segment it was)

Now, warm, you say? Fantastic weather, yes. A beautiful 18F! Nothing like ice to cheer you up in the morn' ;)

Back