Cannot find/connect to my network

ir0n_ma1den

Weaksauce
I bought a new router about a month ago (DIR-615) and it was working fine till about 2 weeks ago. My computer, my dads computer, and my brothers computer are wireless while my moms computer is wired. The only wireless computer that can connect to our network is my dads computer. Me and my brother have to use a random network. We all use the Network Magic program that came with the router.

Our network is WPA-PSK TKIP secured (done by me :D). I try to find our network by typing in the SSID and the password, but I still have no luck.
Through the router firmware, my computer and my Dad's computer are on the DCHP reservation list, but my Dads computer is the only one that can see the network.
I have called D-link, and Netgear about this and they have guided me to using the windows network manager, but I still have no luck.

So the problem is that I cannot connect to my network at all. It doesn't even show up when I try to find a network. Distance is definitely not a problem as I was getting signal when we first got it, and I also have a range booster.

I have faith in the [H] community, help me!

if you need screenshots i'll be glad to give them to you.

Thanks

Dont use the network magic program....Windows should be able to find the wireless network and have you enter in the security info.

- have you tried resetting the router and then giving it a new SSID name, then re-adding the wireless macines to it?

you shouldnt have to type in the SSID, it should be able to be found by Windows.

Have you tried it without the range booster?
Have you put your or your bros laptops a few feet from the router to see if it picks up your network?

Back