Cannot edit one of my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillParrish

Supreme [H]ardness
Strange, I can edit the post above, #1 and the post below, #3 but I cannot edit the second post of my tweaking guide, best guess is that I am at a size limit. I need to update some info and if it is a size issue could you delete the info/text show below and I will shorten/condense when I am able to edit.

Thanks!

Thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1169366

Post #2 is the issue.

This can be deleted from post #2.

Its your board, but here is what I go by using Coretemp or TAT to monitor temps.(pick an operating top temp and set warning to next highest available value but not over 80C: Note: these temps are for a dual core, Quads can run hotter, add 10C for Quads and these are just my recommendations, you have a brain too.
85C internal core temp, CPU will thermal trip and shutdown (crash) to prevent damage.

75C is regarded as HOT. You don't want to be here for long.
70C considered top end of safe operation under full load both cores. OK if you want to really push it.
65C considered a conservative max core standard operating temp under full load both cores.

There is a 20K per post character limit.

With all of your formatting tags (I presume they count as characters as well), MSWord says that post was at 19,329 characters. So if you tried to edit it to add more, you probably did go over the limit.

At any rate, I edited out the part you requested. :)

Holy crap, in the first two posts you have made, probably have posted more characters overall than me, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back