Canadian Laptop Suggestions

burg

n00b
Well...I've been looking around for laptops, and I'm looking for something around $2500 that can play almost all new games with ease. Now I thought of Sager, and Alienware because they are gaming laptops *which is what I intend to do on it the most*but I live in the great white north, where both of those are American and would rape me to get over the border and such. So, instead...I thought of Dell, IBM, and all that. Now my brother has a Dell laptop which he does gaming on, but I'm not much of a fan of Dell, they're too boring personally.

So, the question is, what are my options for a laptop under $2500 for good gaming performance in Canada?

Thanks for any help.

I've been researching the same thing. For around that price, the best deal would probably be to build your own through http://www.anitec.ca.

For around that price you can get:

Asus M6000BNE barebone with a 64mb ATI 9700 mobility
Pentium M 1.7ghz Dothan
1gb pc 2700 ram
Intel Wireless b/g mini pci card
CDRW/DVD combo drive
Hitachi 60gb 7200rpm hard drive

Total Price - $2,387.90 before shipping

From what I've seen you'll be hard pressed to find a decent gaming laptop inside that range mainly due to video card restrictions. Dell might be your best bet if you mess around with their customize tool a bit.

Is there a barebone with 128MB video cards? Is it hard to build a laptop? Never really thought much about it...and does anyone have a link about M processors? I want to know if it would be better for gaming to go with a ~1.6M or a 3ghz? Is it worth it to build one of these over having one built from somewhere else?

Thanks alot.

I bought mine from Dell. It was alright, but showing it's age. The new dells haven't changed that much, (already been a year).

http://www.etccomputer.ca/eShop/default.asp

That place seems nice, I know somebody who purchased a laptop from there. I'm eye'ing an Asus S5N for my next comp... I don't play games on the go anyway...

If your looking for a canadian laptop try ttx. I got mine specs in sig for 2459.63 after taxes, I got mine through www.mrpc.ca awesome lappy good batery life and good performance to. Any ?'s just PM me.

Back