Can you work in IT/Networking with a BS in Computer Science?

Get certifications and you will be good to go. The first job will be hardest but still doable just have perseverance and confidence.

Thanks for all the feedback there guys. I guess i am over thinking, but i do that a lot and probably causes me a lot of unnecessary stress, which leads to more thinking and so forth, lol. Well i guess at this point theres nothing else i can do but go to college and learn along the way the best i can and try to be as "active" as i can and eager to learn? on the field. But again, its just my nature, i cant get over the feeling that i will just somehow get caught in a nitch while working my way up and stay stuck... if that makes sense. I know what it means to take initiative, but again, i just feel i wont be good enough. :/ Doesnt mean i wont try though, but just adds extra nervousness.

Certifications without the knowledge might get you in the door but a good interviewer will figure it out. I recently took a consulting job and I had 6 separate people vet my technical and sales skills. I only had one cert at the time but my knowledge was enough.

As for getting stuck, it's up to you. If you embrace lifelong learning and change, use your free time to acquire the skills that you actually want to be doing, learn how speak with customers, and (most importantly imo for a beginner) engage with the senior people and soak up as much of their knowledge as possible, you should be ok.

Last edited:
Back