• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can you use old thermal paste?

robman_rob

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
273
I got some Arctic Silver 5 that's about 3 years old, can i still use it as CPU thermal paste?
 
Last edited:
Sure. Sometimes it separates out if it was not stored in a cool place. If this has happened you will notice it is "oily" and not silver colored. You can pull the plunger out of the back of the syringe and mix it back up with a toothpick or other clean tool. It will be just fine. I still have a tube of AS3 I use, other than the separation issue, sitting in the tube does not seem to harm it at all.

( I guess it is possible if it was not capped propelry and the oil ran out leaving only a chunky hard silver chalky mess in the tube that it would be ruined. Never heard of it happening. )
 
Back
Top