Can you help with identifying a "old school" NES game

Grimham

[H]ard|Gawd
My friend and I wasted many a night playing the NES. Anyway I've trying to figure out what one particular game was. I'm 99% sure it was NES but it's possible it was Super NES. Anyway, it was a racing game where you drive trucks around a simple track. The thing that may help is that you could drop mines from your truck to get the other guy. Also, you could build your own tracks and could have ice, dirt or pavement I think. The trucks were a fairly lage size and I think there may have been oil slicks to avoid.
Trust me, I've tried all the NES sites I could find but I'll be damned if I can find it. Anyone who can give me the name of this game will be my hero. TIA

Two that come to mind is

Ivan Iron Man Stewarts for NES
and
Rock and Roll Racing for SNES

I've only played two games, on the NES, that even remotely fit that description, but I don't think either are it. Well, I know for a fact one of them isn't, as it was a Monster Truck game, with various events (racing, hill climb, tractor pull, etc.). The other games is "Super Off Road," but I don't remember being able to build your own tracks, and dropping mines onto the track, for your opponents to hit... then again I haven't played that game in well over a decade.

Thanks, but none of those are it. You have no idea how long I've been looking for this.

A racing game that let you make your own tracks back in the NES days? Sounds almost unlikely. RC Pro Am was fun! But alas, it's not what you were looking for.

A racing game that let you make your own tracks back in the NES days? Sounds almost unlikely. RC Pro Am was fun! But alas, it's not what you were looking for.

You could make your own tracks in Excitebike....

there was a racing game for the C64 that let you build your own tracks. Lord if I remember hte name though.

Only Truck games I can recall on the NES was Bigfoot & Super off Road. I don't know of any truck racing game that let you build tracks in the NES days.

Only Truck games I can recall on the NES was Bigfoot & Super off Road. I don't know of any truck racing game that let you build tracks in the NES days.

I will check this out when I get home from work. I'm not sure this is it though, my first guess is no. If (and that's a big IF) I remember correctly there could only be up to 4 trucks (big 4 wheel drive types) racing at one time, and you viewed the entire track from an overhead downward angle as you raced. This is really bugging me. Anyway, thanks for the ideas so far.

Hmmm

Was it monster truck rally?

I had that game with the NES 4-player adapter thing

I do believe you could build your own tracks in SNES Rock and Roll Racing? The feature just sucked since you could not save the tracks. And if it was not that game, then it was another almost identical game with a different name RPM Racing.

Rockn roll racing
RockNRollRacing.png

or

RPM Racing

Both stole my time and both made by Blizzard.....Yes the wow makers.
605857.jpg

Sounds like Rock & Roll Racing for the SNES, as said before, by Blizzard. I too loved that game way back when.

Thanks guys, but it's none that have been listed yet. I thought for a moment it may be Monster Truck Rally (sounded right) but it wasn't. I saw some screens from "MTR" and the game I'm talking about the trucks are much bigger (in other words - bigger on the screen).

I went to the NES Wiki and clicked every racing game that I saw and came away empty. If this game is out there I can't find it. I appreciate everyones help, but I've pretty much given up on finding it. Sucks too, becaise I was just hoping to find a ROM and play on my pc for old-times-sake. It's quite possible I just don't know what the hell I'm talking about after all these years.

...oh, by the way, "Super Off Road" isn't it either. Thanks anyway.

It's RPM racing you described it perfectly.

I can't find any pictures of it but I'm 99% sure it's RPM racing

you can build your own tracks of dirt, road or ice you can drop mines or shoot lazzers. You can drive a truck buggy or Lamborghini.

gfs_68080_2_2.jpg

gfs_68080_2_1.jpg

Youtube video of the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSNVDdip4vE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VFK7GaV7mQ&feature=related

This is the game you are talking about even if you don't know it's the game you are talking about because there is no other game that fits that description as well as this game does.

*snip*

This is the game you are talking about even if you don't know it's the game you are talking about ...

Hehe! That quote made me chuckle.

Nice find stevedave. That definitely looks to be exactly what the OP was describing.

It's RPM racing you described it perfectly.

I can't find any pictures of it but I'm 99% sure it's RPM racing

you can build your own tracks of dirt, road or ice you can drop mines or shoot lazzers. You can drive a truck buggy or Lamborghini.

gfs_68080_2_2.jpg

gfs_68080_2_1.jpg

Youtube video of the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSNVDdip4vE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VFK7GaV7mQ&feature=related

This is the game you are talking about even if you don't know it's the game you are talking about because there is no other game that fits that description as well as this game does.

I have a new hero, his name is stevedave. It's not exactly like I remembered it, but hell it was almost 20 years ago. Thanks stevedave! I'm gong to load the rom on my Xbox tonight and see if the game can actually hold my attention for more than 5 minutes.

yeah spent many hours on that game but the kid in me is slowly dieing and the game isn't nearly has fun as it used to be.

Back