• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can the keyboard input be repaired or bypassed?

caffiendo

n00b
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
53
I have an ASUS A7N-333 (I think that's the model..) mobo that I want to use as a file server. When I turn the computer on it makes a constant beeping sound and proceeds to tell me the keyboard is not present (the keyboard is plugged in). If I wiggle the keyboard connection, the beeping stops briefly and continues after I let go.

Is there a way to bypass the PS2 connection, turn it off or do something? It has 4 USB connections. Could a USB keyboard work?
 
most bios have a "error halt" or "halt on error" set it to: all but keyboard.


it is for servers that dont have a keyboard, machine wont care if one is plugged in or not, or works or not. it stops checking for a keyboard during POST.
 
Back
Top