• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can someone recommend me a UPS

vjcsmoke

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
4,511
The system specs are in my sig. I'd need it to be able to supply enough juice for about 5-10 minutes so that I could properly save and shut down Windows. I'd need UPS backup for the computer system plus the primary display attached to it. I would consider line conditioning a plus, LED/LCD display a plus, reasonable price a plus.

BTW Are all UPS bulky, heavy, and ugly looking? I have an APC UPS but I think it's dead now. And replacing the battery is probably going to be expensive so I'd rather just get a new one.
 
All good UPS are bulky and heavy. Ugly? I dunno about that. I wouldn't consider anything less than an APC SmartUPS or Liebert GXT2 obtained from Ebay or RefurbUPS if you want a good price..
 
And replacing the battery is probably going to be expensive so I'd rather just get a new one.

Go to batteryspec.com. Most replacements will cost you $36 or less. Unless you have a high end model designed more for servers than home users. My SmartUPS 1400XL (high end) battery pack (RB7) costs around $90 for the extended run version which is better then the APC battery pack that costs $179 at newegg.

http://www.batteryspec.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?action=link&product=681
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842101237&cm_re=RBC7-_-42-101-237-_-Product

It does not include the harness but these are easy to take off.


All good UPS are bulky and heavy.

Unless its heavy its probably not good. I mean sealed lead acid batteries weigh a lot. Any any good UPS has 2 or more of them.
 
Last edited:
I'd need it to be able to supply enough juice for about 5-10 minutes

And I always set up my UPSs so that they provide at least 35 to 120 minutes. :)


I recommend just replacing your battery. If you had a UPS that only gave you 5 to 10 minutes the replacement cost is probably $18 at batteryspec. Its probably an RBC1 or RBC2.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top