Can my Antec TP-2-550w handle 8800GTS SLI?

Not a good idea IMO. I can even tell from that picture that the CPU is on the same rail as at least one of the PCI-E connectors...

Not a good idea. Not enough amperage on the +12V rail and it's of questionable quality. The Truepower I and II series as well as the Smartpower series were well known for their above average death rates due to a poor choice in caps and cooling design. In more specific terms, Antec/CWT specified/used caps that did not respond well to heat. Unfortunately, Antec made the decision to have the PSU fan only ramp at really high temps in an effort to keep the PSU quiet. However, just medium to high temps were enough to screw up the caps so really high temps were murderous. Over time, this degraded the quality and performance of those PSU series.

So I recommend replacing the PSU, especially if you hear a squeal, whine, or any odd noise coming from the PSU.

For 8800GTS SLI with the E7200 OC'd, I recommend a PSU with at least 50A on the +12V rail. Which won't be available for $75.
$95 - Corsair 650TX 650W PSU

cool, thanks for all the responses!

Looks like I need to buy a better PSU. I figured I did, but wanted to check to make sure.

The Antec TP2 550w has ran my current system w/out any issues for over 2 years, but it's time for an upgrade.

Thanks for the help,
-fro

Back