Can mouse sensitivity go higher?

therealdrag0

Weaksauce
Windows XP. Logitech Mx 510 mouse.
Is there a way I can turn up my mouse sensitivity past the windows maximum? It's at it's highest and not high enough.
I am beginning to have wrist problems and want to keep the movement to a minimum.

Thanks,
Zachariah.

Since your mouse only has an 800 DPI sensor, you should go ahead and upgrade to a higher DPI mouse if you want the highest sensitivity. For example the Logitech MX 518 has on-the-fly adjustable sensitivity (on the mouse itself) up to 1800 DPI. If you want super insane sensitivity (which may be right up your alley since you're having a wrist problem) the Logitech G9 is adjustable up to a lightning-fast 5000 DPI.

Last edited:
After suffering a broken wrist while snowmobiling a few years back, I bought one of these, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104156 , and never went back to mice. They do, in fact, work just fine for FPS games once you are used to them. I do just fine with that one anyway. They also make a cordless version of that trackball.

If that is not an option for you, HenryBravo's suggestion of a high end gaming mouse should help some what.

Logitech G9 goes up to 3200 DPI, not 5000.

A higher DPI mouse would allow you to get a higher sensitivity. It might be possible to do it with an 800 dpi mouse too, but then your cursor would be jumping over some pixels (i.e. it wouldn't be very precise).

Well stuff that change mouse sent in games

How much fps your getting.
What is ur windows set sent.
What is ur mouse software set sent.
What is ur game set sent.

I am quite sure with a logitech mx 510 mouse, the logitech software can make the mouse sent be a whole lot faster.

After suffering a broken wrist while snowmobiling a few years back, I bought one of these, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104156 , and never went back to mice. They do, in fact, work just fine for FPS games once you are used to them. I do just fine with that one anyway. They also make a cordless version of that trackball.

If that is not an option for you, HenryBravo's suggestion of a high end gaming mouse should help some what.

I agree... these trackballs work well... they take awhile to get used to, but once I got used to mine, I could play UT just fine.

PS. I prefer these Logitech ones to the MS ones...

I agree... these trackballs work well... they take awhile to get used to, but once I got used to mine, I could play UT just fine.

PS. I prefer these Logitech ones to the MS ones...

Neither of the two MS trackballs I have used were smooth for some reason after just a little use, no matter how clean I kept them. The Logitech I listed, seems to not have that problem at all so long as I clean it once a week.

I agree with ^^^. I have (well HAD :mad:) both the cordless and corded versions, and they were flawless. I was better at FPS's than with a mouse. I didn't have wrist problems, but very little desk space. Unfortunately, my sister took the corded one, and my wife needed the cordless. I'll buy more when I find a good sale on them.

If you use a PoS mousepad like your table, or a cloth one that gets nasty dirty all the time.

Get something new, trust me. It WILL make a difference, not only in the friction feedback to your hand (your mouse will move smoother) but its tracking will be more precise and require less work from you to get it to do that job.

Of course, I use Ratpadz :) So much so, i wore spots away on mine, and its still good to go for daily uses ( a new one is much more responsive though).

If you use a PoS mousepad like your table, or a cloth one that gets nasty dirty all the time.

Get something new, trust me. It WILL make a difference, not only in the friction feedback to your hand (your mouse will move smoother) but its tracking will be more precise and require less work from you to get it to do that job.

Of course, I use Ratpadz :) So much so, i wore spots away on mine, and its still good to go for daily uses ( a new one is much more responsive though).

Yeha - a slipery mose mat can reduce the strain on your hadns/wrists/forearms.

I use the eXactmat from Razer and it does make a difference, quite notable, the only trouble I have with ti tis that you can feel the smallest crumbs or bits of dirt with the mouse, so I lift the mouse and wipe the mat a bit whenever Iget that.

As for the trackballs, they seem like a good idea if you say you want to reduce moevement, however your thumb might become tight after much use... or maybe not - I have never used one. :p

Back