Can I get my data back?

Sydek

Weaksauce
Okay I have an 80GB SATA and it was full so I decided to remove an app from the add/remove programs list. I uninstalled a program called "DC++". However, in this folder was a bunch of movies. I thought the uninstall would just remove the program and leave the files in the folder, but it actually deleted everything.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get these files back? I have already checked the system restore option, and it said I did not have a restore point to restore the system to.

You can also try "Restoration" from here. I just used it earlier today at a LAN when I was transfering a huge amount of files between drives and deleted the directory by accident (too big to fit in recycle bin which I mistakenly pressed Enter on the verify message box)

Also used it again on another system to restore a auto-deleted file (via outlook attachment) that was modified and not save-as'd.

It's quicker than getdataback (as it does not require a huge scan of the partition), but probably won't be as accurate -- depends on when the file was deleted, and how badly it was overwritten already by new data...

but you can try it. Just save the restored file(s) to another drive, obviously.

Back