Can anything be done about this iPhone bullshit?

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
I don't mind auto correct, if I misspell a word, sure, correct it. But why the hell does the iPhone change correctly spelled words to suit whatever horseshit political agenda Apple may have?
Is there a way to keep auto correct but tell it not to fuck with words that aren't misspelled?

Only thing I can recommend it trying a different keyboard. I've been happy with SwiftKey.

Guess I'll cool my heels and wait for IOS 17. This phone will be paid for later this year and I'll decide then whether to stick with it or go back to Android. At this point it's not looking good for Apple. Another thing I hate is every time I pick the damned thing up I activate something by accident. If it's not the flashlight it's the damned customize screen.

Guess I'll cool my heels and wait for IOS 17. This phone will be paid for later this year and I'll decide then whether to stick with it or go back to Android. At this point it's not looking good for Apple. Another thing I hate is every time I pick the damned thing up I activate something by accident. If it's not the flashlight it's the damned customize screen.
Don't press and hold your fingers on the screen while you're picking it up!

You can turn off all autocorrection. You can also add and remove autocorrection words as a workaround.

You can turn the stuff off on the Lock Screen.

Auto correct is the biggest real remaining issue with iOS/macOS, but will hopefully be fixed with iOS 17.

You can turn the stuff off on the Lock Screen.

Auto correct is the biggest real remaining issue with iOS/macOS, but will hopefully be fixed with iOS 17.

They also need to stop trying to censor what people type. It's none of their damn business. I'll wait for iOS 17 but if these issues aren't corrected I'm going back to Android.

Wait...the iPhone keyboard really doesn't learn your habits? What is this 2010? My GBoard has been learning my typing habits forever. The prediction element of my GBoard now is insane. I can literally swipe to finish whole sentences at times with it. Not to mention it doesn't do things like fucking to ducking.

i dunno, i have autocorrect on and i just typed "F**k" (i censored it here) and it just suggested "the" and "what" as the next word and didn't try to correct it.

It seems neutral. i typed "Trump is a" and it offered 'great, talented' as next options, and i repeated it with Biden and Putin and it gave the same options.

No, it learns behavior. However, words that aren’t in the built in dictionary it will auto complete with something else. Fuck goes to duck, etc. However, you can still manually tell it to stop. It’s just annoying because common swear words or others won’t just auto complete out of the box.

Do not mean to offend anyone here but:
1. Language has devolved back to hieroglyphs i.e. the use of emojis instead of words.
2. An adult should not be cursing or using vulgar language, I had a boss/company owner who would fire employees for using bad language in office or Infront of clients.
3. The strangest college course I had ever taken enroute to my BS in Chemistry was a class that explained the origins of slang and vulgar language. For example the F word came from Latin to puncture.

Back