can anyone recommend firewall/antivirus suite?

knothead34

[H]ard|Gawd
family member needs a firewall anti virus suite im not fired up about norton because of the reviews im reading the are charging 99.00 to remove trojans if you get one when the software should be protecting you from those to begin with. willing to pay money of course so free isent required.

was thinking bit defender
or nod 32.

any help appreciated.

NOD32 is very popular.

I'm a fan of WinXP/Vista built-in firewall + NAT router + Avira/AVG

family member needs a firewall anti virus suite im not fired up about norton because of the reviews im reading the are charging 99.00 to remove trojans if you get one when the software should be protecting you from those to begin with. willing to pay money of course so free isent required.

was thinking bit defender
or nod 32.

any help appreciated.

ESET SmartSecurity

or

Kaspsersky Internet Security 2009

Put them behind a NAT router if not already, if they're on Vista, keep UAC enabled, and educate them on the importance of UAC prompts. That should be everything you need to keep that system fairly secure.

I'm not a fan of "suites"...I rather run with a plain antivirus (NOD32), as I always just want to be behind NAT.

Eset, makers of NOD32, happens to make an all in one suite, called ESS...

Avira makes an all in one suite....they've been a consistent top antivirus product along with Eset and Kaspersky....and for the past year have actually been on top of the list at AV-Comparatives. They also make an all in one suite. Very lightweight.

Kasperskys suite also....very good in detection, although not so light weight.

As much as I hate Symantec....their 2009 product actually is VERY light...they did a great job in revamping their product.

thanks for the recommendations guys......you have been a big help. yeah i saw symantec got good reviews i just think the charging 100.00 to remove a trojan which are fairly common left a sour taste in my mouth so i wanted to look elsewhere.

Back