Came home from little lan party and my second monitor doesn't want to work?

phantommaggot

Weaksauce
So, I went to a friends house this weekend and used his extra monitor while I was there.
I came home, Cleaned, hooked everything back up and my second monitor is now saying it's out of range and won't come on.
GPU is a Fury Nano

I have a 29" curved 1080 ultrawide 75hz LG panel connected through DP for freesync
Second monitor is a 17" 1280x1024 square I've had forever connected with a DP adapter GPU side and a DVI cable from there to the monitor. Pretty sure it's 60 hz.

I was using this setup just fine from November until Friday when I pulled my PC to travel.

I've tried alternating all the plugs. I can't get into the menu to check the settings on the square monitor.
I've tried rebooting with the square monitor as my only monitor as well.

Any help would be Great.

Change the resolution in windows display settings. Sounds like it probably got set to higher resolution than it supports.

LOL
I mean, it wasn't some huge lan party or anything.
I just helped him sure up his rig and put a little clock and voltage tuning on it.
He lives ~2.5 hours away so I just stayed there for the weekend lol. We set up in his stream room and played warframe lol.

But hell, lan parties were the tits back in the day. No reason to stop now.

As far as my monitor goes..

The resolution was correct, it was the first thing I checked. I was thinking windows would have had the frequency set wrong, but I couldn't find the spot to change it in 10 (I'm still new to 10, I was a very stubborn adopter and can't get motivated to learn SMH)
I unplugged it while I finished setting everything else up. Plugged it back in and it set itself to display 1 and started working.. I'm not happy about it being display 1 though. I'll keep fooling with it. and see what happens.

FWIW, I bought this 17" square back in 04. Paid a damn steep price for it. It's kept going this long, Still looks pretty good considering. Has one random dead pixel that popped up a few months back.

its a software thing.
my not so wild guess is that you use NVIDIA. and has not found a way to force detect.
not sure it would work on W10, but try:

connect your main monitor, COLD reboot ( turn off PC, turn off PSU, hit power button to drain capacitors, turn on PSU, turn on PC)
add 17"
reboot (first not not cold/ then cold )
pray.

Back