Calling out 184OZ - Mini n00b Race!

184oz caffine a day said:
Huh? what was that :eek: . Oh, just you - wave

Haha he'll be long gone with that kind of consistant output, grim you running some kind of computer lab or graced with some damn fast borgs?

/me waves at 184oz. :)

One down, three more to go. Now catching/staying ahead of grimm, that could be a real challenge. ;)

Sevenpants said:
/me waves at 184oz. :)

One down, three more to go. Now catching/staying ahead of grimm, that could be a real challenge. ;)

Looks like tux needs to update the first page again, only two more to go for you while I languish at the bottom. Of course my work machine was offline all weekend :(

Imitation said:
Haha he'll be long gone with that kind of consistant output, grim you running some kind of computer lab or graced with some damn fast borgs?

I've got some good borgs. Decent machines at my place too though...

Most people I've borged (family/friends) have over 2Ghz systems and leave them on 24/7 anyways. I love how sometimes I have some "Takeover Alerts" but then after my next update they disappear. "Yeah sorry I don't think so".

Where's this list of "skulls" I hear about, so you can see where you'll be catching up to the people that are still active folders?

18.2 Ghz Folding for the [H]orde

Grimmda said:
Where's this list of "skulls" I hear about, so you can see where you'll be catching up to the people that are still active folders?

Here is the page that you're currently showing up on, still looks like there are some skulls ahead of you, the real kicker though is that there are 37 pages behind of you of people that are just starting or have long since gone away. :(

p[H]ant0m said:
Here is the page that you're currently showing up on, still looks like there are some skulls ahead of you, the real kicker though is that there are 37 pages behind of you of people that are just starting or have long since gone away. :(

37 pages of mostly skulls is indeed sad. :( There are at least a handfull that are due to internet connections being down or something, or at least I hope MidnightFreak[H] hasn't given up on us, right now he is a skull @ #1 in the team stats.

AtomicMoose said:
You wanna talk about skulls, look at the UD stats pages... :(

Yep... a sad sight indeed. I really wish that we had the same health status for that as we do on the F@H stats... it'd be interesting to see what percentage of people still are UD'ing.

Hey Sevenpants and drdeutsch you guys are always popping up on my "takeover" alert list whenever you get a few updates... Bring it on, try and catch me! HAHAHA

We need a generic "Race thread". I was going to create it but I'm too new to have the confidence to do it... Moose, is there anything offical out there so I can talk some smack outside of this specific 180oz race thread?

p[H]ant0m said:
Yep... a sad sight indeed. I really wish that we had the same health status for that as we do on the F@H stats... it'd be interesting to see what percentage of people still are UD'ing.

Not many....I saw that even Amy (BSH - relic's woman) has stopped. :eek:

chileman, you need to update the rankings on page one when you get a chance.

Yeah and start ramping back up, looks like you're losing the race on purpose! :p

First post updated.

No I'm not scared (too much), and my PCs are mostly running . My 2100+ is getting these stupid Villan proteins that is totally choaks on. It sucks, it took a week for a 178pter and now is looking like a week for 210pter. The only other machine I have now is a borged 2.4ghz P4 which I'm guessing is either chewing through a 600pter or something that P4s suck at. Right at the moment I'm down 3.3ghz and it will be another week and a half until I can aford to pick up the parts to get them all up and running. I'll be back, but it seems everytime I get in a race something happens (during the MVN race I lost internet for a month). Keep kicking my ass guys. really I want you to.

First Post updated again.

See I turned in something. Just not enough to keep ahead of 184oz, don't get too confortable there man.

Race on

chileman said:
First Post updated again.

See I turned in something. Just not enough to keep ahead of 184oz, don't get too confortable there man.

Race on

Yeah, yeah. My work box is not folding at the moment because the LAN guys should be replacing it with a NEW box with a marginally faster CPU and 2 GB RAM sometime this morning. Hopfully before the team golf outting so I can get the folding client installed before I leave. ;)

Oh and I'm only 21 points ahead ATM, a close race is a more interesting race.

Man, I really hate these Villin proteins. I'm getting 24-29 PPD out of my 2100+ trying to chew through this little guy. Me thinks Villins need to be worth more points!

Look out for the next update Chris. Looks like I've got ya by a few points. Hehe. Good race.

chileman said:
Look out for the next update Chris. Looks like I've got ya by a few points. Hehe. Good race.

got another 600 pointer here at work that will finish up tomorrow evening, we'll see how long your lead lasts. ;)

dang a 1 point spread between you two, bout as close as it gets! I'm goin home to get my brother's computer tomorrow finally. It's running a 1700+ at around 11x166 so its close to a 2200-2300+ if there was a 2300+. I'll probly tweak it for some more cycles. Can't wait to let these 3 althon's heat up my room while i'm in europe for 2 weeks. Maybe I'll catch darkisz while I'm gone, shhh don't tell him I'M RAMPING!!! :D

Imitation said:
dang a 1 point spread between you two, bout as close as it gets! I'm goin home to get my brother's computer tomorrow finally. It's running a 1700+ at around 11x166 so its close to a 2200-2300+ if there was a 2300+. I'll probly tweak it for some more cycles. Can't wait to let these 3 althon's heat up my room while i'm in europe for 2 weeks. Maybe I'll catch darkisz while I'm gone, shhh don't tell him I'M RAMPING!!! :D

That one point margin is gone in the next update.

Great to see more machines coming online. Someone needs to catch the leaders, God knows it won't be me.

Well, Sevenpants is looming large in my rear view. I guess I'll be relinquishing the lead in the next day or so. Its hard to stave off someone with more that twice your PPD :D

Grats to everyone, though. We're putting up good numbers for noobs, and havin fun!

Fold on, y'all!

I sure hope the rest of you guys aren't content to sit back and let me walk away with this thing. Those X2 3800s should go on sale pretty soon, add one of those and you'll be caught up in no time. And I KNOW you can find another couple of boxen for some hot b0rging action.

I've had horrible luck getting people to let me borg them. They just think it'll kill their proformance. I tell them just try it a week, if it slows you down in any way, I'll remove it. Still no go. Sucks.

Sevenpants said:
I sure hope the rest of you guys aren't content to sit back and let me walk away with this thing. Those X2 3800s should go on sale pretty soon, add one of those and you'll be caught up in no time. And I KNOW you can find another couple of boxen for some hot b0rging action.

Speaking of hot borging action I finally got my bro's comp up here, but i couldn't get it setup tonight, the woman managed to "distract" me. It's so hard to multitask when a woman is demanding your full attention. That borg will have to wait till tomorrow, i'm exhausted.

chileman said:
I've had horrible luck getting people to let me borg them. They just think it'll kill their proformance. I tell them just try it a week, if it slows you down in any way, I'll remove it. Still no go. Sucks.

Ditto for me. Not just borging either, I've tried recruiting folks to the cause as well and not a lot of luck at that either.

BTW, last few updates I've managed to barely stay ahead of you :D

New Borges, Celery 2.5 and Athlon XP 1.1. Not sure how much the 1.1 will be online but hey, I'll take another 2.5g. I still have 3.1g coming in about a week.

Congrats go out to 184oz, you doubled your original race points in just a month. Great work.

Watch out, I'm ramping.

Hey thanks

Should have a couple WU hitting in the next few hours, a 600 pointer from the work machine should upload arround 2AM and a 200+ one from the home machine just uploaded and should trickle out to the stats page in the next few hours so I should be 800+ points up by morning :cool:

Turning on large WU's on both of my machines increased my avg a bit I think. ;)

Hey, if you kept track of what our points were at the start of the race why not add them to the table in the first post. Just a thought.

Good luck with the borging...

Hey thanks

Should have a couple WU hitting in the next few hours, a 600 pointer from the work machine should upload arround 2AM and a 200+ one from the home machine just uploaded and should trickle out to the stats page in the next few hours so I should be 800+ points up by morning :cool:

Turning on large WU's on both of my machines increased my avg a bit I think. ;)

Hey, if you kept track of what our points were at the start of the race why not add them to the table in the first post. Just a thought.

Good luck with the bo
rging...

You see Chris, that would require doing math. Something I'm trying to avoid. ;)

I don't know what they were exactly, I just know that we were both under 6000 and we are now just under 12000. /me likes that kind of math.

BTW, you suck for getting these 600pters, I'm getting Villins and crappy 364pters, I have the required tags, I guess Stanford is pulling for you in the race.

chileman said:
BTW, you suck for getting these 600pters, I'm getting Villins and crappy 364pters, I have the required tags, I guess Stanford is pulling for you in the race.

Stanford must love me, I just got another 600 pointer at work after turning in the other one at about 1:00AM. The Stanford stats page is updated but apparently the file our team page pulls from isn't updated yet 6 1/2 hours later.

At any rate, with you ramping up the borgs I don't think it will matter how much anyone is pulling for me, I'll be retaking the bottom spot in our race soon. :(

Not sure what the hold up is (I know it's not King_N's fault, it's out of his hands). But hopefuly it will update. I have the following WUs due in today.

These new borgs are low on memory so no big WUs and stanford is throwing out tiny PTers right now.

I might have a 2.4g Celeron notebook coming soon. We'll see.

My 1.15GHZ P3 is back online and chugging, I think it's been too long on the 600PTer so I might have to clear it out (it's been dead for almost a month I think). Tonight I plan to order my AC adapter for my laptop so that'll add 2GHZ P4 into the mix, and then after paying my bills I might be getting a 900MHZ crapper from Marty. Oh and I borged a 400mhz PII, dang borging 98 as a service SUCKS.

That's your system update for the week, now back to the race, here on NBC.....errrr hardforums.com.

Congrats to 184oz on his 100th WU turned in. Better keep turning in those big WU, Imma commin!

And I am coming for you all :D Should overtake all of you by the end of the week :)

Tormond said:
And I am coming for you all :D Should overtake all of you by the end of the week :)

800+ PPD would blow us out of the sky. I'd try and find someone in the stats pulling similar numbers and call them out. It keeps me motivated to borg and OC my system. I built my first naked boxen because of this race.

chileman said:
Congrats to 184oz on his 100th WU turned in. Better keep turning in those big WU, Imma commin!

hey, thanks. But of course it's not the points that matter. At least thats what I will tell myself when you pass me. ;)

Back