Calling Logitechfreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

SocceRich20

2[H]4U
~~~ UPDATE 11/16/07 #2 ~~~

I just got off the phone with Detective Corporal James Beasley of the Pulaski County Sheriff's Department (see contact info, below).

CHRIS CHARTIER IS IN JAIL!

This is not the end of this matter, and he won't stay there without immediate action by his victims. What happens next will depend on YOU. The story:

Corporal Beasley has taken charge of this case. As I noted, earlier, Sergeant Denney handles child abuse cases.

In an event that can only be chalked up to good luck for all of his victims, the Pulaski County Sheriff's Department arrested up Chris Chartier on a warrant for matters unrelated to this situation, and, as a result of our contact with them, they questioned him about our complaints, and he admitted he was the person we complained about. However, he denied that he intended to defraud anyone.

Sherifff's officers went to his home and found piles of boxes with addressed to some/most/all of you who he owes. Corporal Beasley said this tends to support his claim that he did not intend to defraud anyone. If so, whether he has ALL of the items or just some of them may make a difference in the outcome of this case.

Chris Chartier claims that he got so many orders so quickly that he couldn't afford to ship everything. This is questionable since he has the money others sent him for the items they believed they were buying, but he may just have been stupid enough not to ask enough for the items to cover the cost of shipping so it is a point of law to be considered.

I pointed out to Corporal Beasley that Chris gave members of [H] USPS DC numbers that USPS reports are not in their system, and, in some cases, he gave the same tracking numbers to more than one person. I said I thought that the number of victims and the number of bogus DC and tracking numbers would tend to support the idea that he did intend to defraud others.

Getting back to our story... Corporal Beasley said Chris appears to be broke. He was awaiting a check that he intended to use to ship all of the items he owes to others. However, he was not able to raise the money for his own bail. That means he will be in the pokey at least through the weekend, and this is where we need everyone who has a case against him to get on their horses!.

I also reminded Corporal Beasley that Chris has a documented habit of lying, and his word should not be taken at face value, no matter how sad the story.

Corporal Beasley was very clear that they could prosecute Chris ONLY if they receive complaints from victim's local law enforcement agencies. It would be a good idea if they sent it to his attention. The address is in my earlier post, below.

GO TO YOUR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES, AND FILE YOUR COMPLAINT, NOW!

If your local police tell you your case is too small for them to pursue, make it clear that your case is a small pebble in a large landslide of Internet fraud, and make sure they immediately forward the info to the Pulaski County Sheriff's Department. As of the time I am writing this message, the victims' thread on [H] lists 48 victims owed a total of $7,226 and some hardware. The Pulaski County Sheriffs need as much ammo as they can gather to present to their prosecutor to hold him in these cases. If they can hold him, they will have time to build their cases against him. His next court appearance is scheduled for Monday, 11/19.

NO COMPLAINTS = NO PROSECUTIONS. Don't let him get away!

Corporal Beasley also said that, since I phoned him, Officer David Gaston of the Crocker PD had taken an interest in the case. He had contacted the Sheriffs Department and had given them the information we and some victims had provided. Furthermore, since Chris was now on the PD's radar, they were checking into other felonies Chris may have committed within the City's jurisdiction.

Finally, Corporal Beasley asked me NOT to post his email address. He said it won't mean anything without official complaints from victims' jurisdictions. Once they have the complaints, he will get contact those who filed for any further info.

A personal comment -

Corporal Beasley said Chris was crying in his cell as we spoke because he was afraid of what would happen to him while he was in. If Chris can work his way out of his mess by shipping the boxes they found at his home, I don't care if he spends a long time in jail as much as I care that his victims recover their money or the items they were promised. If he's crying in jail after just a few hours, I would hope he will remember this as a learning exercise and know better than to try it again. If he doesn't learn from this, he isn't smart enough to avoid a very rough landing in the very near future.

Our actions contacting the Sheriffs and the Crocker Police went a long way to setting up the conditions to allow Chris' victims to recover their losses, but we can't close the deal without your action. Help yourself and your fellow victims by immediately filing your complaints and making it clear they have to be forwarded, immediately.

Good luck.

Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator
------------------------------------
I paid him a few weeks ago for a 24" LCD. He said he shipped it last Monday via priority, but it still hasn't shown up. What has me worried is that his heatware has a few recent neutral/negative evaluations from people who say he never shipped their item out.

His heat: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=58494

Logitechfreak, [H] says that your PM box is full. You need to contact me immediately.

"Pretty suspect that at least three traders that he has sent packages to have become "lost" in the mail." - a quote from one of his very unsatisfied customers.

I'd be really worried IF it hadn't been just a week ago that he supposedly shipped. Yes, Priority usually takes just 2 to 3 days in transit but things happen. Today id Vets day so you can scratch getting until at least tomorrow. Hold off a bit before labeling this guy anything until after your mail delivery this Saturday. If you don't get it by then ... well, at best he lies and is a poor trader/shipper, at worst a you-know-what.

Good luck.

I'm not worried that he's trying to rip me off yet, I'm just trying to get into contact with him since his PM box is full.

I've had several dealings with him lately, with him as the purchaser. Nothing out of the ordinary or questionable to report, for my part of it. Likely that his PM box is full due in part to my constant communication with him.

We'll I got 4 320GB seagates off him, he said he had shipped it and he couldnt find the tracking number, know with all this negitive feedback rolling in its making me wonder what is going on?? I payed him on the 28th and its now the 12th full 14 days 2 weeks 10 business days and still nothing... im not saying this guy has ripped me off im just starting to get alittle uncomfortable with this situation. :confused:

LF get this cleared up. I'll have to freeze your transactions over at BPC if this becomes a major issue here.

I just got you message on anandtech Logitech.. pm me tell me what kind of shipping you put on it the package, and photo copy or scan me the PO reciept you recieved.

I just got you message on anandtech Logitech.. pm me tell me what kind of shipping you put on it the package, and photo copy or scan me the PO reciept you recieved.

I bet I can answer all of those questions.

What kind of shipping you put on it the package
Priority Mail, which was prolly printed from PayPal (if that is how you paid him)

and photo copy or scan me the PO reciept you recieved
There won't be a PO reciept to photo copy or scan because I'll bet my left nut that he will tell you he handed it to the post man, and that he has 3 witnesses (including the post man) that will vouch for him. Then if he does some how have/find the PO reciept he can't scan it in because he doesn't have a scanner or camera.

This guy is a troll waiting to happen, and the only reason some of us are getting refunds is because he is refunding us with other peoples money.

There is at least one person that as of yesterday (from a trade that happened back in Aug 2007) still has not recieved their refund, because guess what? The package he shipped to them was "lost"

FromTheLou - care to cite your sources? that's a lot of claims to make or give the impression that your are in full knowledge of. I'm just lurking on this one, but I'm sure that any substantiation would probably be prudent to divulge.

man you guys jump all over people around here don't you?

i say give this kid a chance..

i've seen past bad-traders here get banned and the people still never get there money..

maybe if you just only allowed them to access pm's and not the forum f/s f/t wtb section you guys would may be get the money back?

this guy here seems to have done alot of transactions lately..

maybe if you guys stop harassing him he could get the time to get proof that he did ship the stuff?

I've dealt with him i-n the past and he seems like a straight up guy, Wonder whats going on lately...

Yah Lou please site the sources bud.... he probly lost your package to the mail service... and there should be reciepts you cant send a package through anyone or any serivce without getting a reciept or shipping confirmation. Im personally not going to flame him till I have a reason to so far all ive seen is some l8t packages and a guy running around trying to find his shippments.. no reason to raise a red flag yet, in my mind. I dont think the shippment was sent priority either., hes obviously trying to save money.. and thus could be the other reason its taking along time.

actually as of around lunchtime or so he did clear his pm box and answered all my questions I am in no way looking for a refund yet, intil I see evidence to request a refund.

man you guys jump all over people around here don't you?

i say give this kid a chance..

i've seen past bad-traders here get banned and the people still never get there money..

maybe if you just only allowed them to access pm's and not the forum f/s f/t wtb section you guys would may be get the money back?

this guy here seems to have done alot of transactions lately..

maybe if you guys stop harassing him he could get the time to get proof that he did ship the stuff?

FromTheLou - care to cite your sources? that's a lot of claims to make or give the impression that your are in full knowledge of. I'm just lurking on this one, but I'm sure that any substantiation would probably be prudent to divulge.

Sure, since his last negative heatware eval came from me i would think that I'm in the know.

FromTheLou said:
There won't be a PO reciept to photo copy or scan because I'll bet my left nut that he will tell you he handed it to the post man, and that he has 3 witnesses (including the post man) that will vouch for him. Then if he does some how have/find the PO reciept he can't scan it in because he doesn't have a scanner or camera.

As you can see from my PM's with him.

lf1vk3.jpg

Can't find the insurance reciept? Sounds like another one of his Nuetral/Negative evals.

lf2ry2.jpg

And here is where he has his three witnesses that saw him give the package to the mail main. Also notice in that PM where he mentions that he sent a package to someone in CA and it sat at their PO for over a week. With total time being 2 weeks 4 days. Ask thelazyone22 about his trade with LogitechFreak, or better yet read the heatware eval and imagine that! thelazyone22 lives in CA. Yet LogitechFreak told thelazyone22 that package was lost in shipment and wait what was that? His DC/tracking number never worked!

lf3nh5.jpg

As far as the claim that he is refunding us with other peoples money is just a hunch. Out of the blue yesterday @ 6:27pm CT he offers me a refund. Keep in mind at this point he still hadn't filed a claim with USPS for the lost package, nor could he today. Yet without knowing if the cpu was lost, sitting at his PO, sitting at my PO,etc he offered a refund. Which seems pretty conicendence considering he sold a Q660 cpu ( he claims that he had 4 and sold 3, yet he has no For Sale threads here, on Anandtech or on BlazinPC that include a Q6600) to another trader (jordinho) here yesterday. I'm waiting to hear back from that trader to see when they sent him the money and I have a feeling that it will be pretty close to the time he offered me a refund.

Well, I'll jump in here and make a few points of my own. I was extremely put off by what happened in terms of my transaction.

I know I only have 5 heat, but I've restrained from trying to sell anything on here or Anand or whatever because of the fact that I've never shipped anything out before and I'm not sure if I have enough time to dedicate to it should an issue arise. However, I have bought a few items coming from everywhere from Oregon to Virginia and absolutely no issue. In fact, I've been surprised at how quickly stuff comes.

Also, having only done this for a couple months, I was totally thrown as to what kind of feedback to leave. At first, I thought I might leave Positive Heat since he did stay in communication and did refund my money. However, I ended up leaving Neutral Heat since I only felt that was fair; my time isn' free even if I got my money back.

You can read my eval on his Heat and I'd like to point out that I'd like to think it was a thought-out, sincere eval that I spent a couple minutes fleshing out; not some knee-jerk reaction to a poor trade. For those of you reading this thread, I'll give a short run down.

The week of October 22nd, I believe, LF PMed me on Anand and eventually Hard and offered me a Gamecube / N64 package after I would assume seeing my WTB threads. It was a pretty good deal, so I jumped on it immediately and I believe on Oct. 23rd Paypaled about $72 over to him as a sign of good faith / advance because I had only 5 evals and he had 30 something, albeit 1 negative.

He PMed me back here I believe and told me he shipped it out early October 24th and provided a Delivery Confirmation #. I will admit I was a bit impatient since he sort of vaguely quoted me for a 3-4 day delivery time (by that Saturday and in time to you know, get some weekend action with my dorm-mates), but it didn't happen. He said he put it out Parcel Post from what I would later find was a Post Office in or near Crocker, MO.

Anyway, I PMed him pretty regularly after that up till late last week I believe, I guess bugging if you want to say that, but it was really just asking for updates. Already-long story short, he disappeared off AIM, where we had discussed some stuff prior to the transaction, wouldn't provide me with his info when I PMed him (I had to get his address and name from other transactions), refused to provide receipts (said he lost them), and the delivery confirmation number still doesn't work. It's been about 3 weeks counting weekends. He did refund my money in full on about October 8th, but still could not provide me with any info. At that point I was so confused, because I'd been in half-contact with him, with the Post Office, with his other trading partners, and not much done.

My biggest issue during the whole ordeal as I pointed out in my Heat eval, was that there was absolutely no way (he seemed unwilling) he could substantially prove that there was a real, actual shipment that went out. I called at least a dozen times to POs and even the SF processing plant with the DC he gave me and all told me they had jack info on it. At that point, how do I justify wasting more time waiting when I can't even confirm an actual package exists and is in transit? I asked him to look for the receipts and all he told me was his room was too messy and he "lost" them. Also, on a side note, he tells me that he goes in and files an insurance claim last Friday the 9th I believe, "without any receipts" because he's been "bugging the guy about the packages for forever" or something to that extent. I don't understand??? He can file a claim without any documentation?

Well, as I've said, I'm pretty newbish to this all, so I'll pose a few questions.

-Was it bad on my part to, as he claims, "PM him 4 times a day"? I'll admit to that, but again, each time he couldn't prove he shipped anything and wouldn't provide some info.

-Is it good trading practice to "lose your receipts" in the middle of a pending transcation? I guess this is a loaded question, but still...

-Should I have posted Heat at all since he refunded my money? It says on the thing that if no money / goods exchange hands, no Heat is allowed, but do 3 weeks of my valuable time and an "interesting" experience merit my story?

-Does anyone have experience with Parcel Post / USPS in general? What's a rough estimate on "lost packages" / procedure on tracking them down? I kept hearing "didn't scan in", and "not required to scan in", and "it's not my fault it didn't get scanned in", so I'm really confused.

-Anything I should have done differently? I'm young and would like to keep doing this, but wow, what a huge waste of time and energy...:(

Yeah, I really dunno. It's really unfortunate this had to happen and I really do not hold a personal grudge against Logitechfreak. He doesn't seem to like me anymore :(, but I guess that's what happens. If I forgot something or quoted something incorrectly, then please let me know; I'll come back in and change it or something. My PM box is full from me PMing LF and I can always go back and dig through them. Also, if any of the mods (Vertigo / Malcom_whatever) would like to advise me on the technical aspects of my deal, that'd be great. I'm kind of bummed on this thing now and could use a bit of advice.

Just my long-winded, rambling thoughts. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Looked at some of the other stuff that came up when I was typing this up. I think I saw that FTL was in St Louis, MO and LF is in Crocker, MO. I dunno how far that is, but is Parcel Post or whatever that bad that they can't even get a CPU from Point A to Point B in state within a week? I mean, MO to Cali might take a little bit, but again, 3 weeks... Also, I have PMs where he "ignores" me for whatever reason as well. Kind of busy right now, but they're still in there.

Big point: From what I can tell, LF was unable to at all, to prove that he shipped anything to at least me and FTL who are raising an issue with him. Again, I did get a refund, therefore Neutral Heat, but apparently he could not provide receipts to anyone, MarcusFox, which is I dunno, a huge red flag or just bad trading in this instance.

Lay you only had two choices as the buyer to either leave Positive or neutral feedback in my mind for this transaction. Down side was you didnt get the package upside was you got refunded. Its a big problem when people sell things say they shipped them and dont give refund thats a serious troll, but thats not whats happened here, we have no proof hes refunding with other people's money either. I want to see a reciept from him.. this will clear it up for me if I can get that information I can go straight to his post office in his town call them as ask wtf is going on, because its obviously not a problem with Chris its the post office I need to go after. Im canada so this shippment should be extra documented since he shipped over the boarder this shippment cant be sent from the from door since you have to fill out declared customs sheet. If I dont get my photocopy or scan I guess we know whats going on.

because its obviously not a problem with Chris its the post office I need to go after.

If he can prove that he shipped it then yes it is a problem with the post office. It is not a problem with the post office if he never shipped these items.

IMHO its a pretty big quinky dink that at least 5 traders have all been given the same run around, with the same MO that it was lost in shipping or that he can't even prove that he has indeed shipped the items. These aren't $20 video games we are talking about, we are talking about large purchases (Q6600's, 24" LCD's,etc).

Honestly what I would like to see is the approved claim forms from all these packages he said he filed lost claim forms on.

rgr that Lou... ill agree with that.. thats what im waiting for hes says hes gotta send a package out tommorrow and go to the library and scan my shipping confirmations .. I hope your smart enough Chris not to send that package with your PO. the fact is atm is that there is one unknowin to this puzzle is it Chris or is it the Post office. TBC bum bum bum
:D

His replies (in terms of content, tone and (mis)use of Engish language) are enough to add him to my DNT list.

Hey.. he sold me a 24 inch Dell LCD too.. also the package isnt trackable although he gave me a USPS tracking number... I wonder whats going on here...........

LOL, I finally get to chime in on this guy. I bought an Opty 180 from him on the 21st of October. He told me he only ships Priority mail and it would go out monday morning.

On tuesday I put up a WTB for some 1GB x 2 DDR400 sticks. He PM's me saying he has 2 OCZ Premiums and it would save us both the hassle if he puts them in the same box as the Opty and ships it out. OK, $75 sent and I leave town for a week, thinking my shit will be here when I get back.

No package a week later.

I asked for a tracking number several times, finally I get one that doesn't work. I threaten him with posting on THIS board and starting a paypal dispute.

He finally says the package just came back to him.

I told him to ship it 2nd day mail like he said he would if it comes back to him. 5 days later and still no tracking number on this new shipment. If it is not here tomorrow or I don't get a tracking number today, I am going to escalate my dispute I opened today.

Edit: Looks like he sold me Kido's 939, if he had it at all.

Same issue here. He sold me a s939 4400+ over 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen it yet. Also, the tracking number he gave me from USPS is showing invalid. At first I thought it was my apt complex because they have lost my packages before but now Im getting worried since I see many people are having the same issue with him. From the conversation Ive had back and forth with him, he seems like a good guy but I hope Im not just being naive.

BTW, someone else here said their tracking number just says "Electronic info received"? Well mine still shows no record after 2 weeks.

Logitechfreak, can you give us an update to what exactly is going on? I need a dual core for this system SOON and dont have the money to order another one since I already sent you $70. This single core CPU is choking when I need to play high res videos for people.

I dont want to open an official payment dispute, Id rather deal with this like adults.

hmm this is really strange guys.. should I be filing a paypal dispute if he can't scan the shipping receipt or any proofs?

Edit: Looks like he sold me Kido's 939, if he had it at all.

I thought you said he sold you an Opty180? Mine was a 4400+

Edit:

To add to my above post, he (claims to have) mailed it Tuesday when I paid him on Sunday. That means tomorrow will be 2 weeks after it was mailed. Ill give it that chance to arrive tomorrow. 2 weeks is slow but not COMPLETELY impossible for USPS.

hopefully he hits up the library like he says tommorrow and scans up some shipping confirmations.

Marc

well LogitechFreak if you are reading this, please scan my shipping receipt too please. thanks

So we are up to what now, 8 or 9 confirmed traders that have no proof that he has shipped anything?

I thought you said he sold you an Opty180? Mine was a 4400+

I just meant that he probably doesn't have either one. I just got in touch with a dude who bought yet ANOTHER 939 dual core and he says it was to have shipped this week, but no tracking number yet again.

I wonder if someone hijacked his account. He seems to have been a great trader in the past. Ive seen numerous threads by him before and all of them gave him those great reviews. I hope this isnt the case though.

I wonder if someone hijacked his account. He seems to have been a great trader in the past. Ive seen numerous threads by him before and all of them gave him those great reviews. I hope this isnt the case though.

yeah i was wondering the same thing.

is it possible to reverse trace his phone # address and other contacts as well?

yes I did contact him on anandtech... hes being upfront about the whole ordeal, I have a feeling that its either someone stole his account or there really truly is a mail screwup, give him a couple to work this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back