Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $5 on Steam

I played it through...I thought it was excellent and well worth me buying again, if just to have it on Steam...thanks for the link!

went ahead and grabbed it since I appreciate western FPS's.
I'm only about 30 mins in, but it definitely seems like it's a solid purchase for $5

It's a solid game. The series is good. A little linear, but the story is great.

Crashes/freezes right on startup for me... Got it in a bundle a while ago, but never played it because of this.

$5 worth it. Runs fine on my system. Not a great game but if you like the civil war/old west era...not like you have lot's of choices. Decent game.

Thanks for the tip OP.. Enjoyed the original and looking forward to this one.

Well I bought it and had to mod the settings file to not blackscreen because it didn't detect a one monitor resolution of 1920x1080. The game then works fine except it crashes 5 seconds into the first cutscene on a new game or right away if I skip it. No fix for that yet.

Last edited:
What are you talking about exactly? I am going to fire it up tonight after work and I sure hope it doesn't crash on my system.

Well I bought it and had to mod the settings file to not blackscreen because it didn't detect a one monitor resolution of 1920x1080. The game then works fine except it crashes 5 seconds into the first cutscene on a new game or right away if I skip it. No fix for that yet.

I tried the demo and got the same behavior. Black screened right off the bat. Un-installed.

What are you talking about exactly? I am going to fire it up tonight after work and I sure hope it doesn't crash on my system.

Well the bug I haven't fixed yet it it crashes to desktop like 5 seconds into the first cutscene on a new game no error msg or end none working process option. I tried changing a lot of video/audio settings with a text editor, but so far nothing works. RO2 is coming out so I'm putting this on the backburner, but I did notice I do have a huge error log file the game created, I might try posting that on the official forum/help section for the game at a later date and see if I can get some help.

It ran fine on my system with no tweaks.

C2D e8400 3.7Ghz, 4GB RAM, 6850, X-Fi, Vista 64Ult

Back