Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Coming in November

Personally, I enjoyed MW2 single-player experience. I felt it kept in pace with the original MW's me against a shit load of bad guys. CoD series have all been like that (single-player). No real squad dependence to speak of, pretty much a run-n-gun for the tactical minded gamer. MW multi-player was great. My whole clan exploded with new member growth during those days. Hell, we even had 3 women join up.

CoD:WaW was a good game I felt. I enjoyed the pacific theater feel and the rest of game was satisfying. The multi-player was good too. We even made the most of zombies co-op. There was a lot bang for the buck there.

CoD:MW2 multi-player was horrible from the start. So much hacking, lag, and IWNet just rendered that aspect of the game unplayable. I still don't play it. I will however go back and hit the single-player again and the co-op is a great experience for two.

CoD:BO Was a serious load of shit. I cant believe that Treyarch would even shovel that crap in our direction. Even the single-player was fraught with serious issues. And to make it worse, the devs didn't really seem interested in fixing it at first. Valve/Steam took the stance of...it's not our problem. It was a royal mess that's for sure. The single-players through out the CoD series have been pretty solid (performance wise) more or less. Not this polished turd...oh no. Hell, even the consoles had problems. My guess. Activision was pushing a completion date down Treyarch's neck. Get it done, or else you go the IW way. Out the door.

You know I will most likely purchase COD:MW3. Play the single-player and never touch the multi-player. The difference this time around. I'm going to wait. I will read reviews. I will not just blindly buy another Activision title again. I will regard Activision with suspicion every time from here on out. If there is a serious attempt this time to boycott the game. Then I will be on board. Last time only a half-hearted attempt.

*stick in hand, ready to draw that line in the sand*

I will regard Activision with suspicion every time from here on out. If there is a serious attempt this time to boycott the game. Then I will be on board. Last time only a half-hearted attempt.

*stick in hand, ready to draw that line in the sand*

The game will be pirated like crazy rendering a boycott at best hypoctical looking. If one doesn't like the game then sure don't buy it. But unless PC gamers both not buy AND not pirate the game, a boycott is beyond meaningless and I'd bet everything I have that it will pirated like mad.

The CoD franchise is a force of nature now. The sooner that PC gamers just accept that fact the sooner they can move on. I the SP expereince of the franchise since the first game. I always buy it on release day and have been very happy. I wish this stuff would be so political, it just takes the joy of having fun.:mad:

Is there even the remotest chance they could un-fuck the multiplayer in MW3? I'll buy it if they support dedicated servers, otherwise the single player will have to be pretty damn amazing (and not amazingly short).

I think I share the sentiments of a lot of the people on the negative side.

But I haven't bought CoD games since 4 I think it was. I dunno if I just felt like I was a hamster on a persistent wheel to the same end result, or it just got boring (I didn't play mplayer).

What I can say is, Activision, soiled Blizzard for me too. I know that deep down, they're gonna screw it up, maybe not today, maybe not next month. But eventually, they are gonna make Blizzard shit the bed and release a total bomb. I think the MMO they release after WoW dies, will be it. It'll be fully influenced by Activision, it won't have the previous Blizzard only experiences behind it, and something will go wrong because of that.

Because of that feeling, I can't get into Cataclysm. Starcraft II either. Why does this company continue to make me want to hate them by making me feel like they're just churning out tripe in order to reenter my wallet

Hell BO there is almost little change between it and MW2, they are almost the exact same game

This is so far from the truth.. Have you even played BO???

BO and MW2 are nothing alike. The whole experience are completely different.

While both games have their flaws. The flaws are completely different.

MW2 flaws:
rampant Hacking
rampant exploits (Quick scoping, OMA noob tube, patched Javelin Glitch, etc.)
Very unbalanced (kill streaks are ridiculous)

BO Flaws:
one dimensional (AR is clearly the best gun choice for most situations)
Snipping is almost impossible

beside their flaws, the game play is so different. Just the fact that Kill streaks doesn’t counts towards future kill streaks completely changes the game.

Very uneducated post...

COD = Pure Garbage

BF3 FTW!!!!
Man that post looks more like something I would see on FB, lol.

I like the COD series but I do agree that it is getting ridiculous with how fast they are coming out. But I'll prolly still buy it.

Looking forward to this game! As with any activision CoD (never played any treyarch titles).

I see a lot of complaints of the game having short campaigns, but is the campaign really what you buy the game for?

Personally, I'd to see the world war 2 theater make a comeback by activision.

Looking forward to this game! As with any activision CoD (never played any treyarch titles).

I see a lot of complaints of the game having short campaigns, but is the campaign really what you buy the game for?

Personally, I'd to see the world war 2 theater make a comeback by activision.

call of duty is seriously the madden of fps games now...yawnn im waiting for the revived infinity ward to destroy this franchise.

The best part about the COD series was 50+ player games and low latency. BC2 looks better but has serious latency issues, and since BF3 will be run off the same engine, it too will have latency issues.

It just seems to me that developers are going backwards. I want bigger multi-player games and bigger maps. Give us mod tools and we can make it a great game. When COD killed off its modding community it lost the people who actually drove development of the COD series. Damned near every single new feature of COD was first tried and tested by modders. COD4 was literally built to make the modders happy.

COD is a console port now that will be just like Madden, as others have said. We will see what the latency is like on BF3. While I enjoy BC2, the 32 player limit and latency often see me going to play on modded COD4/WaW servers so I don't get killed by someone I already put 5 rounds into.

People who care enough to "officially" boycott it obviously want the game. I just never bought it, but I don't count towards the "success" of any boycott because I wasn't boycotting anything, I just wasn't buying a game I knew I wouldn't enjoy.

QFT

black ops is officially the last COD game I will buy. There is just not enough changes to warrant the 60 price point. Its the same reason I stopped buying EA sports games, now I wait 2-3 years in between.

The game will be pirated like crazy rendering a boycott at best hypoctical looking. If one doesn't like the game then sure don't buy it. But unless PC gamers both not buy AND not pirate the game, a boycott is beyond meaningless and I'd bet everything I have that it will pirated like mad.

Why must a game not be pirated to be successfully boycotted?

People who care enough to "officially" boycott it obviously want the game. I just never bought it, but I don't count towards the "success" of any boycott because I wasn't boycotting anything, I just wasn't buying a game I knew I wouldn't enjoy.

This makes no sense to me, I have never purchased any MW game, or even torrented any of of them. They simply do not interest me, so obviously I don't want this one, but I would love for a boycott to happen.

Why don't we just boycott? Would it really be that hard to get a player movement organized to NOT buy a game at $60? I can't imagine anyone is excited to pay $60 in the first place, so I can't imagine it's that hard... I always wait till a game drops to at LEAST $15

we tried that with Mw2 (still haven't bought and still won't play)...but a bunch of people simply don't care... even some people on here were like...hell ya boycott this shit...then ended up playing the crap out of a bad game. sadly only in things like wow does shit like that work because they can watch subscription number dwindle then give the customers what they want to get them back.

This makes no sense to me, I have never purchased any MW game, or even torrented any of of them. They simply do not interest me, so obviously I don't want this one, but I would love for a boycott to happen.

If I remember right when MW2 came out people tried the boycott thing with a group on Steam, lol, ended up that a good majority were playing it while a member of said group. Whether they pirated it or not is irrelevant, point was they were seen playing it, lol. Some funny ass shit.

This is so far from the truth.. Have you even played BO???

BO and MW2 are nothing alike. The whole experience are completely different.

While both games have their flaws. The flaws are completely different.

MW2 flaws:
rampant Hacking
rampant exploits (Quick scoping, OMA noob tube, patched Javelin Glitch, etc.)
Very unbalanced (kill streaks are ridiculous)

BO Flaws:
one dimensional (AR is clearly the best gun choice for most situations)
Snipping is almost impossible

beside their flaws, the game play is so different. Just the fact that Kill streaks doesn’t counts towards future kill streaks completely changes the game.

Very uneducated post...

Black Ops and MW2 multiplayer are the same game.

You're talking about minor differences in weapon balancing and killstreaks and such. If Black Ops were easily moddable, you could change the gameplay into that of MW2 in a matter of hours.

Modern Warfare 3 will also be the same game. The weapon balancing and perks will be tweaked again, probably in some ways better than black ops, in some ways worse.

The main difference is the maps. If these games were moddable and player created maps could be made, there would be absolutely no point in anyone buying more than one of these Call of duty games. Which is why they aren't.

If these games were moddable and player created maps could be made, there would be absolutely no point in anyone buying more than one of these Call of duty games. Which is why they aren't.

What is so funny is that prior to MW2, we would get new mods every month or so in COD2/4/WaW which were better than the crap being pushed out now as actual games. While there are still some modders around in the older COD games, most have moved on from COD forever. When DICE releases modding tools for the battlefield series, I fully expect COD to die off on PC. We will see how long COD can survive as an FPS madden on consoles.

COD is dead to me, last one I played was WaW and that was actually pretty good. Screw this we'll make a new one every year and kill off anyone else who didnt buy it on release day who is still playing on the servers. No thanks. COD has long since been dead and will remain dead till they stop this BS...

I see many people feel like I do on this. Even with people not wanting a new peice of crap every year I will bet this game makes even more money that black ops.

Well I'm hopefully it'll be good, I could use a new shooty, but I will for sure not be buying until I've seen it in action. I know way too many people who got burned by Black Ops.

Its obvious from the sentiment shown in this thread and all across the net that DICE/EA has the biggest opportunity they are ever going to get to try and unseat Activision from the throne of FPS publishers and developers.

I hope DICE brings the hammer down so hard with BF3 that Activision fires Bobby Kotick for all the bullshit he has spewed and forces them to completely revamp the COD series back into a franchise worth paying for.

CoD BO is only playable for at the most 3 hours at one time. It gets so boring after that, I feel like I'm watching a useless show on TV.

MW2 I have almost 600 hours, why because I could play that game for hours and not get bored. I really have no clue why, but they feel very far apart.

I will buy MW3, just because I always have an extra $60 just laying around in November and nothing to do, so I just go ahead and buy the latest CoD. Play singleplayer. Then on to Multiplayer. I try to play the games for at least 60 hours to get some of my money out of it.

Aside from that, if I get BF3 I think CoD MW3 won't be played by me. If only they could fix the issues with the hits(Vietnam is perfect, hopefully that gets used). Not like BF2 where you would die behind a solid wall 5 seconds after you got hit :D

I see many people feel like I do on this. Even with people not wanting a new piece of crap every year I will bet this game makes even more money that black ops.

I'd all but guarantee it based on trends.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions about that phenomenon.

Wow, we are on the cycle of a CoD game per year now

This has been the cycle for a while now. According to Wikipedia:
October 29, 2003 - Call of Duty
September 14, 2004 - Call of Duty: United Offensive Expansion Pack
October 25, 2005 - Call of Duty 2
November 7, 2006 - Call of Duty 3
November 7, 2007 - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
November 11, 2008 - Cal of Duty: World At War
November 10, 2009 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
November 9, 2010 - Call of Duty: Black Ops
November 2011 - Modern Warfare 3

I played, really enjoyed and got more than my money's worth for both Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops, so I will probably get the new one on release day. As far as the single player aspect, it really wouldn't bother me if they just left it out as I don't really care for the single player in any game. Though, I did enjoy the Special Ops challenges in Modern Warfare 2.

Will the pc version support the xbox controller out of the box? if not it can go fuck itself like the last ones. i'm not a professional *lol* gamer, games are simply a way to enjoy the ass groves in a couch for an hour or two. try to cram a keyboard/mouse down my throat cas its more accurate and you're uber-1337 if you use it then shove the game up your ass. i'm not entering tournaments trying to climb atop the mountain of the oily dateless, just shoot a few computer controlled soldiers you know get out some victimless aggression.

it failed horribly with MW2 boycott of '09

Yep if anything it helped sales. There's that old saying "no such thing as bad press".

I don't understand the appeal of COD at all really. It's a good game but they've been treading water since COD4. I don't understand the appeal of playing the same game over and over again. I wouldn't buy it for $20, let alone $60.

Obviously I'm in the minority though (as usual :p), otherwise it wouldn't be selling millions of copies.

Still like COD4 best of all. I play COD:Black Ops, but it's not nearly as fun/accessible as COD4 was.

Will the pc version support the xbox controller out of the box? if not it can go fuck itself like the last ones. i'm not a professional *lol* gamer, games are simply a way to enjoy the ass groves in a couch for an hour or two. try to cram a keyboard/mouse down my throat cas its more accurate and you're uber-1337 if you use it then shove the game up your ass. i'm not entering tournaments trying to climb atop the mountain of the oily dateless, just shoot a few computer controlled soldiers you know get out some victimless aggression.

Um...I suggest playing it on the Xbox then?

A friend of mine gifted me CoD: BO as I wasn't going to buy it, and my group of friends all was. I much preferred BC2, but it was fun to play for a little bit. Once BC2 hit something like $7, I gifted it to everyone and they've never even looked back at BO.

Is it even possible to get kills with a controller against mouse/keyboard users?

These games never go on sale, they are just fads that need to be purchased every time a new one comes out and have nothing but annoying 12 year olds playing.

Only one I liked was WaW and no one plays it because they come out with a new one of these games every year.

QFT

Could not care less about a new CoD. I remember following the previews for the first CoD, buying it on release day and having a blast with it. It's only gone downhill from there. I'm happy to say the last CoD game I've bought (and may ever buy) is CoD4: MW.

Sorry Activision, I am OUT.

Back