Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

I also am not so interested in MW Remastered but it is cheaper to buy the 100 buck version than to purchase COD IW and Season Pass. :rolleyes:

PC pre-load is ready for COD IW is 54 gigs so it probably expands to 70+ gigs I didn't get the Modern Warfare remastered version.
It's in my game list ready to pre-load. The multiplayer is 25GB. The single player is another 45GB on top of that. IW is 74GB installed, so everything together is a total of 144GB on PC.
upload_2016-11-2_18-37-56.png

It's in my game list ready to pre-load. The multiplayer is 25GB. The single player is another 45GB on top of that. IW is 74GB installed, so everything together is a total of 144GB on PC.
View attachment 9794
Jesus. Definitely won't be installing everything all at once, will blow up my SSD.

Bought the 100 dollar get your head examined version from Steam. No other options for me. Second time I do this to myself. BLOPS 3 provided the bang since I put in 55 hours in it (however, season passes were worthless as community died in my region).
Let's see if MW R has the longevity of the original considering I never played MW MP last time. IW will be decent as well. Titanfall is dying too fast for me to really spend too much time in it.
Oh well. This weekend should be glorious. Just need to find time to play though lol.

My card statement reads.

Call of Doody Infinite Warfare Modern Warfare Remastered Digital Legacy Deluxe Edition with a Cherry on Top at extra rape price of a 100 slaps to the face.

Last edited:
I had someone invite me to a Clan but I declined cause I said I used a controller and wasn't good enough.
I said I was as Casual as you can get and like RPGs better.
MY K/D ration is like Neutral or lower sometimes I'm above depends who I'm playing with.

I had someone invite me to a Clan but I declined cause I said I used a controller and wasn't good enough.
I said I was as Casual as you can get and like RPGs better.
MY K/D ration is like Neutral or lower sometimes I'm above depends who I'm playing with.
LOL I feel you. My competitive nature comes out when I buy these games and I either spend enough hours to get "pretty good" or I end up quitting furiously and going back to my RPG or MMO

Just went ahead and bit for the pre-load. the Digital Deluxe is only $84.99 on GMG and got the key immediately, probably best place to get it if you're in the US.

Watching Streams looks decent it's a bit more gritty looking than BLOPS 3 looks like Ghosts the maps do.
Zombies is just insane

Watching Streams looks decent it's a bit more gritty looking than BLOPS 3 looks like Ghosts the maps do.
Zombies is just insane
I have heard the campaign is pretty good for a CoD game, probably going to play through that first and then go to MW:R. Newer CoD MP is too fast paced for my liking, I'm sure I'll TRY it but I'm not thinking it will be my biggest time investment.

Extremely underwhelming game. Graphics are from 2009. Plays decent but maps are a mess. Too many paths and getting shot from 5 different directions is not fun. I give it a 7/10 for trying.

Been looking forward to this, mostly for the MW remaster. Unpacking on Steam now. This is the first COD I've pre-purchased since the original Modern Warfare. If it were just the new game, I'd have waited until it hit the ~$30 mark. But with GMG it was $64 for both games, figured might as well. Unless they fucked something up, I'll get a lot of playtime out of MW again.

Playing Pillars of Eternity all night unpacking COD IW takes like 1/2 hour might be my Hard Drive if I don't like the game you know it's bad....

This game is sick which is good not as colorful as BLOPS III but has a very serious tone to it maps are pretty generic but I like the game. Lots of cool graphic effects going on like blured stuff It's just a big dumb fun Call of Duty game I'll leave it at that looks dated but who cares. Graphics at first look like Kill Zone 3 for the Multiplayer but it's still fun.

Been looking forward to this, mostly for the MW remaster. Unpacking on Steam now. This is the first COD I've pre-purchased since the original Modern Warfare. If it were just the new game, I'd have waited until it hit the ~$30 mark. But with GMG it was $64 for both games, figured might as well. Unless they fucked something up, I'll get a lot of playtime out of MW again.
Same. Last game I played was original MW. I might actually put way more time into the IW multiplayer having never played any of the later installments. Seems normal fans of the genre like to say "its the same game reskinned" - perfect for guys like us who haven't played one in a decade lol.

Modern Warfare was the pinnacle of the series in my opinion. I never had more fun with a previous installment, or anything post CoD4:MW. The series just gets worse and worse with each iteration.

Same. Last game I played was original MW. I might actually put way more time into the IW multiplayer having never played any of the later installments. Seems normal fans of the genre like to say "its the same game reskinned" - perfect for guys like us who haven't played one in a decade lol.

So far, that's basically what it is. Performance was not good for me last night though. I did realize this morning I wasn't using the latest driver, so maybe that'll help. But I'd be running along at ~90fps no problem, turn a corner, and FPS gets halved for no apparent reason. Semi-frequent hitching too, which mysteriously seemed to be worse during firerights or things like air strikes. I had more than a few deaths I could blame on the game hitching.

But, when it was working, it sure was fun. So far, it's exactly like I remember. Same pace, same weapon handling. It truly is the same game with a fresh coat of pain. Keep in mind, no server browser here. I played MW1 largely on 360 so this is kind of business as usual but I think the core PC audience will miss that. I don't care. Matchmaking is what it is. So far it's working fine.

Has anyone played the modern warfare remastered yet? This is why I am considering getting this game. I am assuming on MW:R that they removed servers and it is matchmaking?

I read somewhere that MW4 was still heavily played on PC and was curious if there is a big difference.

Has anyone played the modern warfare remastered yet? This is why I am considering getting this game. I am assuming on MW:R that they removed servers and it is matchmaking?

I read somewhere that MW4 was still heavily played on PC and was curious if there is a big difference.

Yeah, no dedicted servers, it's matchmaking, and imo its not like cod4 in old days. I used to be pretty decent but now i cant hit shit. I played few matches and aiming feels weird to me. Maybe it has to do with lag, because you dont know your ping or anything but something felt off last night. What i see on my screen and on kill cam is way freaking off. Movements, speed and pretty much everything else i would say it's identical to old one.

Ironically, when i played few matches vs bots with few tweaks it felt more like old cod4 than real multiplayer. Bots are freaking dicks man, with martyrdom and last stands and RPGs flying in your face, calling in airstrikes, sniping, choppers....Raven got that working pretty good.

Honestly, i'm not too impressed with what i experienced last night, but maybe its too early to tell.

Last edited:
Yeah, no dedicted servers, it's matchmaking, and imo its not like cod4 in old days. I used to be pretty decent but now i cant hit shit. I played few matches and aiming feels weird to me. Maybe it has to do with lag, because you dont know your ping or anything but something felt off last night. What i see on my screen and on kill cam is way freaking off. Movements, speed and pretty much everything else i would say it's identical to old one.

Ironically, when i played few matches vs bots with few tweaks it felt more like old cod4 then real multiplayer. Bots are freaking dicks man, with martyrdom and last stands and RPGs flying in your face, calling in airstrikes, sniping, choppers....Raven got that working pretty good.

Honestly, i'm not too impressed with what i experienced last night, but maybe its too early to tell.

That is disappointing to hear, may have to get on PS4 since these games die on PC quickly without servers.

So far, that's basically what it is. Performance was not good for me last night though. I did realize this morning I wasn't using the latest driver, so maybe that'll help. But I'd be running along at ~90fps no problem, turn a corner, and FPS gets halved for no apparent reason. Semi-frequent hitching too, which mysteriously seemed to be worse during firerights or things like air strikes. I had more than a few deaths I could blame on the game hitching.

But, when it was working, it sure was fun. So far, it's exactly like I remember. Same pace, same weapon handling. It truly is the same game with a fresh coat of pain. Keep in mind, no server browser here. I played MW1 largely on 360 so this is kind of business as usual but I think the core PC audience will miss that. I don't care. Matchmaking is what it is. So far it's working fine.
Hopefully between the latest nv driver and a day 1 patch maybe it'll work as intended. I sure as fuck won't play until it is...maybe the campaign, but definitely won't mess around with MP until it's working as it should be. There's nothing worse than blaming your deaths on hitching and lag especially when you are running the highest end hardware.

Ironically, when i played few matches vs bots with few tweaks it felt more like old cod4 than real multiplayer. Bots are freaking dicks man, with martyrdom and last stands and RPGs flying in your face, calling in airstrikes, sniping, choppers....Raven got that working pretty good.

Then it's a non-starter for me. Having dedicated servers and player counts above 16 was what made the original so good. Stripping those things out of it makes the game a waste of money.

Yes, it would be nice if they had server browser to pick the map you want to play and player count and all that, but it is what it is. I didn't have any problems with performance though, game was running really smooth for me, probably because of low player count and Gsync, i think they capped FPS in multiplayer too ....

Yes, it would be nice if they had server browser to pick the map you want to play and player count and all that, but it is what it is. I didn't have any problems with performance though, game was running really smooth for me, probably because of low player count and Gsync, i think they capped FPS in multiplayer too ....
Yeah, FPS is capped to 91 FPS in multiplayer...

The TTK is straight out of the recent games. This threw me way off at first, too. You need Juggernaut now just to get your own TTK back to where it was originally. Other than that the game mostly looks and feels good, but the odd lag issues every now and then are disappointing.

Why the overall textures and graphics (even at Ultra setting), seem so last-gen? I don't see any sharp textures on any of the models or environments. Black OPS III has much sharper textures.

Just played it for the first time on steam with me and my son on team death match.. pretty bad ass if ya ask me!!!

Smooth and great looking graphics! game play was great fun and exciting! runs at 92fps for me with everything maxed out at 2560x1440.

Can't understand the hate and glad I bought 2 copies last night!

Someone said the graphics look 2009 and textures seemed low-res - I completely agree. The past few CODs (Ghost/AW) were the same - gosh when are they going to go Frostbite3 or Unreal4? My guess is they not willing to pay the licensing costs or they only cater to consoles and port to PC so they don't care. Even BF3 and the last 2 MOHs look way better (graphics realism).

I also noticed that the campaign is capped at 125 fps AND damn.. where's SLI support? ALL the past COD games had SLI support out of the box! Doesn't look good that Nvidia's latest driver already caters for COD-IW besides Titanfall2 & GOW4 etc. I tried to enable SLI via Nvidia Inspector and it works - l can see both GPUs running at 50% each - and the framerates are actually lower than if you were to run in single GPU mode so I restored back to its default settings (i.e. single GPU mode). The irony is, MW Remastered looked better than IW!

Someone said the graphics look 2009 and textures seemed low-res - I completely agree. The past few CODs (Ghost/AW) were the same - gosh when are they going to go Frostbite3 or Unreal4? My guess is they not willing to pay the licensing costs or they only cater to consoles and port to PC so they don't care. Even BF3 and the last 2 MOHs look way better (graphics realism).

I also noticed that the campaign is capped at 125 fps AND damn.. where's SLI support? ALL the past COD games had SLI support out of the box! Doesn't look good that Nvidia's latest driver already caters for COD-IW besides Titanfall2 & GOW4 etc. I tried to enable SLI via Nvidia Inspector and it works - l can see both GPUs running at 50% each - and the framerates are actually lower than if you were to run in single GPU mode so I restored back to its default settings (i.e. single GPU mode). The irony is, MW Remastered looked better than IW!
2009 graphics lol, come on man, give the game more credit than that. That's MW:2 graphics.....the game looks pretty fuckin good to me fully maxed at 100fps.

C'mon guys, I know it's cool to hate on COD and all that but get real. I've looked at enough youtube footage even to know better than that. We all wish we had been playing something that looked like that back in 09.

Infinity Ward should of spent more time on the Maps and maybe the characters playing the same boring map isn't going to keep people coming back. Unless they made the maps small so there is more action but even that isn't fun turning around every corner and getting shot cause the maps is so small.
You will be lucky to have players to play with 6 months from now if you want to unlock stuff still.
Even Duke Nukem Forever has some awesome maps compared to this game and that game came out 5 years ago.

I might have to put on the paddles on my Elite controller to see if that would get me jumping around more and sliding.

OK I take back my words, it doesn't look 2009, the graphics just doesn't look as realistic as what we see at BF3 or BF4 and those were old games. Anyone who played BF3 and BF4 will know what I mean. I don't know how to explain it, the graphics are nice but just not in a realistic way. Anyway I just finished the game and I must say at the later levels, they really added in a lot of neat light/shadowing effects and really bothered to show off details in the envirnments. These were not so apparent in the earlier levels. Both Ghost and AW had the same problem, the graphics were not consistent between different levels. I must say the gameplay really got frenetic towards the end, pretty impressive, but they may be too overzealous with the Wing Commander gameplay but I don't deny they're a good diversion. Just tried out Zombie mode and its indeed a refreshing change from the taken-too-serious gameplay that IW had. Credit should be given when it is due, and I felt the price paid for the Legacy Edition was certainly worth it! COD-MW Remastered, despite being an old game with improved graphics, is simply beyond reproach!

But I still think they should have gone with the FrostbiteL3 engine to make a more gigantic step-up. It'll only boost the franchise's popularity much much more than it already currently enjoy.

Played for about 2 hours tonight game is very team based it's the only way also was using speakers at first couldn't pick up footsteps so I put on some Kingstons Hyper Cloud Xs and did amazing better.
First I had the Headphones on the wrong way I was hearing shots outside the arena couldn't figure out what was going on. You can pick up footsteps alot easier with headphones vs: speakers.

I went 17-8 in once match 2.13 K/D ratio

every other match I did pretty bad placed last most of the time until I got the Headphone on and figured out the maps. It doesn't matter how good you know the map you will still get Owned if you don't stick with your team mates.

IIRC i read somewhere that IW/MWR are using Advanced Warfare engine (or was it just IW?), and back then people had same problems with shitty blurry textures too. It looks like turning shader cache to off solved that, some people reported it helped them with hitching too... might improve visuals a bit.

Yes they use variations of their own IW engine, seems like the BO series uses a different one from the regular COD series. The problem is not only blurry textures its their way they render the texture maps, it just doesn't come across as close to photo-realism as the way things are rendered in the Battlefield franchise. Their facial textures are very realistic but not the environment - looks great but cartoon-great.

Am I the only one having problem with black screens if the game is interrupted by a screensaver? It just completely freezes no matter how you Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Alt-Del to use Task Bar to close it properly. Every opened programme can be shut down except IW and it just stays as a black screen. The only option is to do a hard PC switch off. And I can't find a solution on the web to unlock the 125fps frame rate cap.

But I still think they should have gone with the FrostbiteL3 engine to make a more gigantic step-up. It'll only boost the franchise's popularity much much more than it already currently enjoy.

I think the Frostbite Engine ought to be today's "Unreal Engine." Make it the new standard of sorts. I'm all for it.

I think the Frostbite Engine ought to be today's "Unreal Engine." Make it the new standard of sorts. I'm all for it.
It'll only solve so much, innovation is what the franchise lacks most. I think the game looks great for what it is, I like Battlefield 1 as well but I like to switch between them. IW is certainly much more colorful, it's a good change of pace. You get slower paced combat with more photorealistic scenery in BF, and faster gameplay and more colorful gameplay in IW (it's like they made it for teenagers with ADHD).

To its credit, the cut scenes are all very well done and the space battle sequences are worthy of being a standalone Wing Commander-type game in itself.
The strange thing is that I'm getting higher framerates in IW compared to MW Remastered!

They segregated the steam and retail PC versions, wtf? Peak on the second day is only 15K.

Just tried the game, its a typical COD game except they moved away from the military theme, though I commend IW and Activision for trying something new, though it still has that dull linear gameplay, though nothing spectacular, not hating on it or anything, graphics look alright, not great but still looks decent and getting almost constant 60 FPS on a single GTX 1080, SLI doesn't seem to work as of yet.

Back