Call Of Duty 4 Demo screens

Since I'm Egyptian, I'll have to say this is an actual representation of what Egypt really looks like...and I really hope this doesnt happen in real life :eek:.
I actually didn't know the setting waaas in Egypt until I saw the sign pointing to the Autostrad.

COD2 feels like arcade like a console game, while COD4 is more PC like Battlefield 2 and 2142. More realistic.

COD2 looks more like Lost Planet - Extreme Condition, Each creature or character looks like 2D cardboards moving in front of you, while COD4 has more 3D looks to it.

I feel COD4 is way better than COD2, at least it doesn't have that phony British accent kept on talking to you. And the submachinegun in COD2 feel like toy guns - more for kids. COD4 just feel like the level of Battlefield 2 & 2142 and GRAW Advanced Warrior 1 & 2, more for adults.

lol, maybe you don't understand what is happening in the middle east, at least where the US forces are, there is no killing 50 insurgents a minute left and right, each insurgent doesn't have 5 RPG's hanging on his back, if the game wanted to be realistic, you would be sitting behind a sandbag wall holding a radio whining to command to bring you air support to destroy a building occupied by 2 insurgents trying to make IED's with their shoes. Thats modern combat for you.

I liked the British accent more than the phony GI'joe Rambo accent, bf2142 sucked, its buggier than BF2. Could you explain how the submg's from COD2 feel more like "Toy" guns rather than the underpowered COD 4 rifles?

The game is also missing a vital function, you cant change the firing modes, what a joke.

Btw. COD 2 and COD 4 use the same damn engine, the COD 4 engine has just been updated with better textures and physics, maybe you are confusing 2d games like super Mario bros with COD 2?

And your pathetic attempt to state that COD 4 was for adults and COD 2 for kids was one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this board, and you added into the statement BF2 and BF2142 as it were a positive thing ffs....

Edit:

Have you noticed the stupid look on this guys face: :p
iw3sp2007101223502478xy4.jpg

lol, maybe you don't understand what is happening in the middle east, at least where the US forces are, there is no killing 50 insurgents a minute left and right, each insurgent doesn't have 5 RPG's hanging on his back, if the game wanted to be realistic, you would be sitting behind a sandbag wall holding a radio whining to command to bring you air support to destroy a building occupied by 2 insurgents trying to make IED's with their shoes. Thats modern combat for you.

I liked the British accent more than the phony GI'joe Rambo accent, bf2142 sucked, its buggier than BF2. Could you explain how the submg's from COD2 feel more like "Toy" guns rather than the underpowered COD 4 rifles?

The game is also missing a vital function, you cant change the firing modes, what a joke.

Btw. COD 2 and COD 4 use the same damn engine, the COD 4 engine has just been updated with better textures and physics, maybe you are confusing 2d games like super Mario bros with COD 2?

And your pathetic attempt to state that COD 4 was for adults and COD 2 for kids was one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this board, and you added into the statement BF2 and BF2142 as it were a positive thing ffs....

People rave about COD4 and much over COD2, so do I, but you seem to disagree. So what FPS do you like?

I should rephrase myself regarding what I said about COD2 being for kids, while COD4 for adults. What I meant was the colors usage in COD2 are more flashy and its playing mechanic are arcade-like. While COD4, GRAW, and Battlefield 2 & 2142 are leaning toward more a simulation - you get more of actions and your character seems to immense in the action of the surrounding environment. COD2 is more comparable to Lost Planet - Extreme Condition, while COD4 is feel like the updated version of Battlefield 2 that some people called it Battlefield 3 rather than a modern day version of COD2. Given Battlefield 2 & 2142 being built as multiplayer game, they are relatively bug free. I don't know what is wrong with your system.

As for comparing today's Middle East, of course, no game can be compared to the real life. All the games lack the realism. At least in COD4, you get to carry only 2 rifles at one time, while UT3 can carry up to 9.The only one game that is being more realistic is GRAW Advanced Fighter 2, which is so difficult that one shot then you are down. It became no fun as a game.

EDIT: Oh, BTW this guy 'AliP' got some issue needs to let out, either have been to Middle East or still an adolescent.

played it last night at 1680x1050 with all settings maxed. Looks just like CoD2 with different models and textures. The 'feel' of the game is nearly on par with CoD2 as well.

Decent game imo, but not anything groundbreaking like most of you folks are saying. I'll wait and try the multiplayer first before I make any more judgments.

I'd like to know what you are using. I've got an X2 3800+ (stock clock) with 2GB of mem, and two 7800GT's in SLI. And at 1600x1200 with the bells and whistles going, i'm barely pulling 7-9 FPS outdoors. I'm on a Dell 24" widescreen. I've lowered the res way down and turned most things off, and i'm still only getting 25 to 30FPS. I find it hard to belive that a 600MHz o/c and a 1950XT, allows you to play at that res, maxed out, with those types of frames. Fess up your secret.

Also, to dude about 2 pages ago, this game is DX9 only from what I've understand.

What engine is COD4 on? I like how the new UT demo looks like crap compared to the pictures and movies released prior to demo coming out. All screenshots of it so far look horrible. COD4 tops UT demo pretty easy from looks of it. Kinda feels like the same engine though.

I just ran COD4 demo, and with my system in signature, the frame rates are quite good and everything is silky smooth:

Everything to max except AA or AF to 4, at 1600x1200 res.:

45-130 fps range through out entire demo. Using nightscope, frame rates are all over 100+ unlike in BF2 Special Forces, using nightscope frame rate actually dropped instead of going up. When at the most intensive fighting 45fp-55fp. Otherwise, the average is 55-75fps.

I'd like to know what you are using. I've got an X2 3800+ (stock clock) with 2GB of mem, and two 7800GT's in SLI. And at 1600x1200 with the bells and whistles going, i'm barely pulling 7-9 FPS outdoors. I'm on a Dell 24" widescreen. I've lowered the res way down and turned most things off, and i'm still only getting 25 to 30FPS. I find it hard to belive that a 600MHz o/c and a 1950XT, allows you to play at that res, maxed out, with those types of frames. Fess up your secret.

Also, to dude about 2 pages ago, this game is DX9 only from what I've understand.

I probably get 10-15 MAX but thats also what I get in CoD2 with settings maxed, for some reason. also i never said anything about what kind of frames I got...
I gotta say after playing it again the building geometry and level design is horrible just like, once again, CoD2.

The screens do not give this game justice. This is by far the best graphics I have seen. They are better than any other game out there, period. (Even better that UT3 demo, even though it is the same engine) I have a C2D@3Ghz, and my 8800GTS@625/1000 and at 1440x900 with 16AF and 8AA and I get anywhere from 50-80FPS with everything maxed. The gameplay is unbelievably intense. I loved it.

The screens do not give this game justice. This is by far the best graphics I have seen. They are better than any other game out there, period. (Even better that UT3 demo, even though it is the same engine) I have a C2D@3Ghz, and my 8800GTS@625/1000 and at 1440x900 with 16AF and 8AA and I get anywhere from 50-80FPS with everything maxed. The gameplay is unbelievably intense. I loved it.

I really dont understand that statement at all, i played the demo on full settings and felt the viusals were not impressive, seems more about the gameplay, but that is the same as COD 2 which was also intense.

I just got off playing bioshock and halflife episode 2 and they **** all over this demo graphically, maybe the actual release will be get better but people must be stupid to think this demo looks better than those games, you must be very easily pleased and not played these newer titles.

I wished this demo blew my socks off as I am a COD fan but i see the reality, it didnt blow my socks off, simple as that. I remeber being much more impressed with the COD 2 demo, even though it ran like kak

I really dont understand that statement at all, i played the demo on full settings and felt the viusals were not impressive, seems more about the gameplay, but that is the same as COD 2 which was also intense.

I just got off playing bioshock and halflife episode 2 and they **** all over this demo graphically, maybe the actual release will be get better but people must be stupid to think this demo looks better than those games, you must be very easily pleased and not played these newer titles.

I wished this demo blew my socks off as I am a COD fan but i see the reality, it didnt blow my socks off, simple as that. I remeber being much more impressed with the COD 2 demo, even though it ran like kak

It is kind of hard to compare the graphics between COD4, Bioshock, Episode 2. The color usages in Bioshock and Episode 2 are flashier and more colorful, but they are more static as a whole - fewer other actions in the picture. COD4 color are more earth tone, yet attention to details and more actions going on all the time. COD2 has some of COD4's actions, and COD2 is more colorful and flashy than COD4, kind of like Bioshock and Episode 2, except COD2 is not as detailed as these newer games. So if you like COD2, Bioshock and Episode 2 better than COD4, that means you like colorful, flashier games better, which means you should also like UT3.

So if you just look at the static pictures of UT3, Episode 2, and COD4, the first 2 games will look prettier, but when you actually starts playing COD4, its visual effects are mind blowing.

I played it again and must admit it doesnt look as bad as i first thought, maybe too high expectations made it a bit of an anti climax. the effects are indeed excellent but i just doesnt seem to have the polish, i dont know, I'm sure being a demo plays a part.

You got a good point about comparing to Bioshock, bad example really as it is a totally different style.

It was a tiny demo so i dont think you can really say much

The graphics and screenshots look poor because this is a night level and most people have their brightness way too high or their LCDs produce poor black levels so everything looks grey/washed out.

There's a reason the level tells you to use night vision goggles, there's a reason why red flares go up every now and then, the brightness and contrast are supposed be way down so it's difficult to see anything. It's supposed to be high contrast on this particular map.

"I just got off playing bioshock and halflife episode 2 and they **** all over this demo graphically, maybe the actual release will be get better but people must be stupid to think this demo looks better than those games, you must be very easily pleased and not played these newer titles."

I must disagree. Half-life EP 2 looks a lot like EP 1. EP2 looks like it has nicer lighting effects, but the textures are the exact same, and the geometry is just as low as the previous. Bioshock? Bioshock comes close to looking as good as CoD4 but it still lacks the blam.

wasnt to impressed with the demo to be honest

what i dont get is people say it looks substandard because it is a demo but isnt the idea of the demo to sell it, i think that is the way it will look on final release, the game has been quickly produced and it shows.

I'm running it on a radion X1900XFX and think COD 2 looked a lot better than this. These comments are from a guy who has high hopes for the game, it just looks weird to me, everything is bland. no point hiding fact, it looks kak. very strange.

im not one to nit pick about graphics, maybe its an opinion thing. i dont like the way things look in the dark, the models have a strange glow to them and the gun fire looks silly, theres too much of it and it almost looks like lazers. i just come off playing bioshock, which is probably the best looking game i have ever seen so that probably dont help.
That might have to do with the map itself. Ever since I saw it shown on a trailer I decided that I was going to hate this map passion because of the crappy bland brown artwork.

quote myself from another thread

beautiful game. Runs like butter at max widescreen setting on the rig in my sig.

Few things I didnt like:
Gun sounds were terrible
Way to much going on at once. Game turns into a run and spray with so much going on....really removes any tactical fighting.
Your team basically holds down the triggers the whole game...burst fire anyone? nope.
Respawning enemies removes any point of actually killing any that are not directly blocking the path to your objective.
Respawning teammates really takes away from any concern about yourself or your team.

Few things I really likes
Eotech weapon optics :)
Night vision with the IR from the LAM on your gun
player animations are great, especially when recieving headshots
SHOOT THROUGH WALLS!!!!! I have been waiting for ever to find a game that does weapon penetration decently. Enemy hides behind a wooden box in other games, your screwed....enemy hides behind almost anything in this game and you can still get them.

Game is intense, but its to much. Slow things down, make it a little more tactical. Right now the game is to much run and gun. Mix in a bit of R6 Vegas or GRAW and you got a pure winner.

Ill add that since writing the above, I have since uninstalled the demo and dont plan on buying the game unless some major changes happen. I didnt like it 1st time around, but after 2-3 runs....the thousands of enemies respawning and everyone firing off thousands of rounds of ammunition has turned a possibly top notch game into a very good looking, yet mindless arcade shooter.

I understand the gameplay opinions some love it some don't some are in the middle fine. But what the hell are people looking at as far as graphics? Sure crysis will probably be king of the hill but COD4, UT3 I keep hearing some kill the graphics on these games. Please point me in the direction of of the games that look better. My favorite comment also is no modern game should be using blah blah blah shader, lighting, textures etc. Well make an example of where it is used correctly and is perfect. Better yet if no modern shooter should have said problem then there should be a ton of examples of where it's done right. I see on this board many pulling crap out of there backside and have no idea what they are talking about. Most on here (myself included) have no idea what it takes to make these levels of graphics because if they did they wouldn't be posting here they would be somewhere making all those perfect lighting effects and letting folks like us rip them apart. In short COD4 is a fantastic looking game but if it is bad looking can someone point me to the games that look better.

End of rant :D

To add to the point above about too much going on, agree with that to an extent. COD is known for being intense but they could be in danger of going too far with it as the demo is a bit crazy, especially the end tank bit, things seem to be all over the place. I love the intensity of the previous games but think the gameplay can easily be knocked off balance

I probably get 10-15 MAX but thats also what I get in CoD2 with settings maxed, for some reason. also i never said anything about what kind of frames I got...
I gotta say after playing it again the building geometry and level design is horrible just like, once again, CoD2.

I don't understand why. I play at 1680x1050 Have max AF Max every settings besides the texture instead of being 'ultra' or whatever it is its at the second highest level and play at 2x AA and i'm getting roughly 50 to 80 fps.

Specs: X2 3800 @ 2.4
2GB DDR400 Corsair
850xt pe.
Same board as you.

To add to the point above about too much going on, agree with that to an extent. COD is known for being intense but they could be in danger of going too far with it as the demo is a bit crazy, especially the end tank bit, things seem to be all over the place. I love the intensity of the previous games but think the gameplay can easily be knocked off balance

Thats why i enjoyed it so much. The intensity was remarkable , at least after a couple of beers. I played UT2007 today and had a good time but it got old. I must have played the COD demo 6 times and it was still fun as hell. The AI was excellent and the chaos, oh the chaos

Thats why i enjoyed it so much. The intensity was remarkable , at least after a couple of beers. I played UT2007 today and had a good time but it got old. I must have played the COD demo 6 times and it was still fun as hell. The AI was excellent and the chaos, oh the chaos

I played COD4 3-4 times already, and each time the experience was different. Always finding something new - like using the stationary machine guns to cut down enemies on 2nd and 3rd floor of first building, and using assault rifle from inside the first building to take down almost everyone outside before going into the 2nd building.

What is UT2007? Is that UT3?

I played COD4 3-4 times already, and each time the experience was different. Always finding something new - like using the stationary machine guns to cut down enemies on 2nd and 3rd floor of first building, and using assault rifle from inside the first building to take down almost everyone outside before going into the 2nd building.

What is UT2007? Is that UT3?

the stationary gun is scripted. the radio tells you to use it everytime you enter the room.
Its neat, until you realize that using the assult rifle to cut everyone down outside is pointless, since the respawn instantly. Those enemies outside will keep comming until you hit a scripted objective to kill the tanks. Aside from objectives, there is NO point in killing anyone. Clearing an area thats not specifically scripted is pointless. You have zero reason to help your team or have any concern for them since the respawn anyways.
It may seem like a small feature, but with R6 and GRAW, your team was your life. It added a huge difference to the atmosphere and makes the difference between a great game and an arcade console shooter.

I thought graw sucked because of the way you have to baby your teammates, they they sucked balls anyways. COD4 is wayy better than both those games, and the only reason to kill everyone is for the fun of it. They die different ways, and you get better, and its cool to watch:D.

When you said you played through it, i assumed that you had decent frames. I get garbage frames in CoD2 DX9 as well.

Overall, I liked the demo, but to play it at the res I want to play it at, its not much fun with such low frames.

I played this demo and lemme tell ya it was somewhat short but it really got me pumped to buy the game itself. :D

Why don't my games pan smoothly when I move the mouse. Is it because I'm using a cheap mouspad with the deathadder?. I almost can't even see what's going on. My system is fine it's just the mouse movenment is jumpy as hell, not senstitive, more as if its not getting a smooth pan.

the stationary gun is scripted. the radio tells you to use it everytime you enter the room.
Its neat, until you realize that using the assult rifle to cut everyone down outside is pointless, since the respawn instantly. Those enemies outside will keep comming until you hit a scripted objective to kill the tanks. Aside from objectives, there is NO point in killing anyone. Clearing an area thats not specifically scripted is pointless. You have zero reason to help your team or have any concern for them since the respawn anyways.
It may seem like a small feature, but with R6 and GRAW, your team was your life. It added a huge difference to the atmosphere and makes the difference between a great game and an arcade console shooter.

I know the enemies will respawn instantly if just keep on killing them, but they won't respawn infinitely you notice closely. Just like in COD2, enemies in COD4 will stop to respawn or respawn slowly after you have killed enough of them. Maybe except certain point such as those enemies on the bridge by those tanks because the purpose is to blow up those tanks. Otherwise, enemies will stop respawn after a while, at least not in the original great number so that you can proceed to your objective.

Some people like tactical aspect of R6 and GRAW, but for me, only if playing role playing game then I feel like control the whole team, otherwise, I would just prefer control my only guy in FPS.

the game looks alright, not wow IMHO, but okey to nowaday standards. What happened to the world war 2 theme? they ran out of nazis to kill?, not it looks like a GRAW wannabe.:rolleyes:

I going to buy the game anywayz ;)

Have you actually played the demo? Graphics are great and run like a champ.

This game is nothing like Graw.

I just had to revive because im so excited about playing the full version this week. I honestly think this looks better than crysis :eek:. But anyways I havent looked forward this much to game since Fear.

I just had to revive because im so excited about playing the full version this week. I honestly think this looks better than crysis :eek:. But anyways I havent looked forward this much to game since Fear.

X2...everything but the looking better than crysis part. I just got done playing the demo through for about the 50th time. I'm so damn excited for this game. :D

Just a little bit ;). I too played it 50 times, but i did that an hour ago :D, thats how much im looking forward it. I did a quick alt + tab during the final part of the demo to check my gpu temps and they were at 83C. This game sure does tax the hardware, I just hope nvidia releases something new so I can enjoy it in all its glory.

I dont know it was more fun picking up the sniper rifle and picking them off till you run out of ammo , then you go down stairs toss a few nades and then its tank time!:D

Back