Call Of Duty 4 Demo screens

Scotty_SFF

Gawd
Demo was released yesterday i think, so i decided to start playing.

1680x1050, settings as high as the demo allows. Couldn't get FRAPS working on it either :( but it was very playable.
Some of the screens were cropped as i messed up screenshotting...

All in craptacular jpeg format doh

COD13.jpg

cod12.jpg

cod6.jpg

cod4.jpg

cod3.jpg

cod2.jpg

cod1.jpg

played the demo 3 times thru already... all i can say

WOW

this is a must purchase

the game looks alright, not wow IMHO, but okey to nowaday standards. What happened to the world war 2 theme? they ran out of nazis to kill?, not it looks like a GRAW wannabe.:rolleyes:

I going to buy the game anywayz ;)

I didn't like it, if this is modern warfare my name is sandy, the WW:II theme was fun couse you were killing left and right feeling it was normal, they tried the same thing in a modern setting, which of course doesn't belong there.

Anyway, the demo crashes whenever i up my resolution, (Cannot start, gives me some DirectX error). Anybody else have this prob? Specs in sig.

the game looks alright, not wow IMHO, but okey to nowaday standards. What happened to the world war 2 theme? they ran out of nazis to kill?, not it looks like a GRAW wannabe.:rolleyes:

I going to buy the game anywayz ;)

did you play the demo ? the screen shots do not capture how great this game plays....graw cant scratch this games @)#_@)sack

my hands got tired from all the action...

yea i had the same problem except mines didnt crash... seems like a driver issue...at lower rez was no problem. probally will be patched b4 release.

the run and gun was fun to me....not accurate warfare i admit but run and gun with pretty graphics and lots of action is better than creeping around corners all day...

but thats just me

I didn't like it, if this is modern warfare my name is sandy, the WW:II theme was fun couse you were killing left and right feeling it was normal, they tried the same thing in a modern setting, which of course doesn't belong there.

Anyway, the demo crashes whenever i up my resolution, (Cannot start, gives me some DirectX error). Anybody else have this prob? Specs in sig.

this game is amazing, the realism is simply stunning down to the injured enemy dragging himself out of danger.. these SS's dont do the game justice.

this game is amazing, the realism is simply stunning down to the injured enemy dragging himself out of danger.. these SS's dont do the game justice.

Hah that's pretty neat. I haven't noticed that yet, but I have had a few instances where an injured enemy would take one last potshot at me unless I or a team mate finished him off.

Yea i love the way they try to crawl out of the fight, i just shoot them again, then again for good measure.

The screens defiantly don't do it justice and i took them.

QFT !

yeah well i enjoy shooting nazis!!! Sheiß verfickte Nazis !!! that is politically correct!!! and a good sport !!! :D

i am just so tired of all the middle east warfare games. :(
Those wars are just wrong IMHO :(

QFT !

yeah well i enjoy shooting nazis!!! Sheiß verfickte Nazis !!! that is politically correct!!! and a good sport !!! :D

i am just so tired of all the middle east warfare games. :(
Those wars are just wrong IMHO :(

And WWI and WWII were right?

Those textures are completely unacceptable for a modern shooter.

Also, why does it look so bland and washed out? Is this a hold over from Quake 3's archaic lighting system? This game needs HDR or something, bad.

The shaddows need a million times more contrast.

I like how your player knifes the people, its sick. And i also love seeing the people trying to get out of the way, pulling themselves with there elbows and they are on there backs still trying to shoot at you. Great game! I love the javeline! Its the best, and the impacts of grenades and rpgs and stuff are sick as hell! Love the way the people fly in the air when they get blown up, and the ai is awesome! On veteran its hella hard, like three shots and your dead.

the only people complaining about this game are the ones who just look at the screenshop but havent played it

or people who like tactical ultra-realistic shooters

those people aside this game rocks must purchase

I just finished the demo and I can attest that it's a must-buy. :eek: The screenshots really don't do it justice at all...I haven't played something that intense in a while....it was pretty mind-blowing.

wasnt to impressed with the demo to be honest

what i dont get is people say it looks substandard because it is a demo but isnt the idea of the demo to sell it, i think that is the way it will look on final release, the game has been quickly produced and it shows.

I'm running it on a radion X1900XFX and think COD 2 looked a lot better than this. These comments are from a guy who has high hopes for the game, it just looks weird to me, everything is bland. no point hiding fact, it looks kak. very strange.

im not one to nit pick about graphics, maybe its an opinion thing. i dont like the way things look in the dark, the models have a strange glow to them and the gun fire looks silly, theres too much of it and it almost looks like lazers. i just come off playing bioshock, which is probably the best looking game i have ever seen so that probably dont help.

OP didn't mention if he was playing on Vista with DX10 effects. If he was, then yes, those shadows look pretty bad.

The scene with the 4 dead soldiers looks quite amazing IMHO.

The JPG format will also remove some visual quality, if they had just posted them as BMPs, it might look better. Most people nowadays have DSL+ and can handle a few megs :)

I'm pretty interested in trying it out though, that and UT3. Sounds like a busy weekend!!

Itc cus its a demo, of course there gonna polish the graphics in the real game! Its gonna look great. And whats a x1900xfx?
Also just played the UT3 demo/beta, and its f in sweet! the graphics are awesome! And gameplay is hella fastpased just like the other UTs.

XTX i meant, i do apologise...........nimrod

if they are trying to sell it to me based on the demo I dont feel an urge to buy it, which is disappointing as I am a fan of COD, so why release a demo that looks bad.

ill have to have a proper look at the settings, its not even one thing, to me it just looks bad and i really dont get how poeple can say its the best looking thing they have seen on the PC.

I read some of the comments in this thread and have to ask if they realize the demo is a night map? Some of the suggestions made to improve on the game doesn't apply IMO.

For the guy who asked about DX9 or DX10, i believe it's in DX9, i couldn't find any changes in the menu, aslo during install it asks to install DX9 i think it was this game anyway :p

erm funnily enough i did realise it was a night map, i think what gave it away was that it was a bit dark and you have to use night vision? the point I'm making is i dont think they pulled of the night thing very well at all.

I played it again and have to admit it is fun but the visuals are not what they proclaimed

The night vision bit is pointless anyway, you can see better without them at that certain point.

The night vision bit is pointless anyway, you can see better without them at that certain point.

i agree, i only used it in the building area then it became a hinderance

i think this game was rushed, they make so much money from the franchise that maybe its all about that, I definaly had that feeling about COD 3. they probably blew their load on 1 and 2, the rest is about milking it. other titles coming out will destroy COD 4

the game looks alright, not wow IMHO, but okey to nowaday standards.

I agree. It looks "alright" but nothing to write home about. The color palette on that demo level is FUGLY. Gameplay bored the hell out of me. I haven't like a COD game since the original and UO.

I'm running it on a radion X1900XFX and think COD 2 looked a lot better than this. These comments are from a guy who has high hopes for the game, it just looks weird to me, everything is bland. no point hiding fact, it looks kak. very strange.

im not one to nit pick about graphics, maybe its an opinion thing. i dont like the way things look in the dark, the models have a strange glow to them and the gun fire looks silly, theres too much of it and it almost looks like lazers.

I guess it's just the art style, but I too like the older COD graphics better. The gunfire does look weird. Everything has a tracer. Maybe someone dropped acid into your canteen ?

I guess it's just the art style, but I too like the older COD graphics better. The gunfire does look weird. Everything has a tracer. Maybe someone dropped acid into your canteen ?

I like the COD 1 graphics, they ruled, and the game :p i miss that, the COD 2 stuff had everything shining, since when is everything made out of polished metal.

Don't judge the game on those screens. This particular level is set at dusk and has that look about it...but it works for the gameplay because everything is easy to see at a distance..if you see other screenshots of other levels of the game you will see a different tonality for a daytime level.

The demo is "balls to the wall" action from beginning to end, the character movement is the best I've experienced, from the last dieing shots from an enemy soldier to the way they do hand to hand combat, or just die.

The total experience can not be judged by the screenshots alone.

took some screenshots at 2560x1600 shrunk down to 1280x800... all graphics maxxed out!... here it is:

iw3sp2007-10-1223-50-24-78.jpg

iw3sp2007-10-1223-51-03-44.jpg

iw3sp2007-10-1223-52-34-33.jpg

iw3sp2007-10-1223-53-17-00.jpg

iw3sp2007-10-1300-03-21-01.jpg

iw3sp2007-10-1300-03-51-38.jpg

using BFG 8800gtx

COD4 is the best modern day FPS (including all those WWII) so far. Those pictures don't serve justice to this game. You have to play the demo. All the bullets flying, burning smoke... Graphic wise, it is better than UT3 IMHO because it is more alive. UT3 is very static, just pretty. If given the choice between COD4 and UT3, I would choose COD4.

PS. Is there a COD3? I only got COD2 for PC couple years ago, and I don't remember there was a COD3 out there?

COD4 is the best modern day FPS (including all those WWII) so far. Those pictures don't serve justice to this game. You have to play the demo. All the bullets flying, burning smoke... Graphic wise, it is better than UT3 IMHO because it is more alive. UT3 is very static, just pretty. If given the choice between COD4 and UT3, I would choose COD4.

PS. Is there a COD3? I only got COD2 for PC couple years ago, and I don't remember there was a COD3 out there?

there was a COD3 it was xbox console only title

i agree i will be playing COD4 over UT3

How do you check frame rate in COD4?

What is the key to bring up the screen to you can enter 'fraps' or 'stat fps'?

How do you check frame rate in COD4?

What is the key to bring up the screen to you can enter 'fraps' or 'stat fps'?

enable the console in the options menu use the ` key (one above tab) to open the console and type in /cg_drawfps 1

I just played a t 2560x 1600 2zx aa and its spectacular. I dont even want to play Quake wars anymore lol. This is the most fun i have had in a while. Top of my list between UT3, QwArs and this

Your lucky you never got to play it

played it last night at 1680x1050 with all settings maxed. Looks just like CoD2 with different models and textures. The 'feel' of the game is nearly on par with CoD2 as well.

Decent game imo, but not anything groundbreaking like most of you folks are saying. I'll wait and try the multiplayer first before I make any more judgments.

played it last night at 1680x1050 with all settings maxed. Looks just like CoD2 with different models and textures. The 'feel' of the game is nearly on par with CoD2 as well.

Decent game imo, but not anything groundbreaking like most of you folks are saying. I'll wait and try the multiplayer first before I make any more judgments.

COD2 feels like arcade like a console game, while COD4 is more PC like Battlefield 2 and 2142. More realistic.

COD2 looks more like Lost Planet - Extreme Condition, Each creature or character looks like 2D cardboards moving in front of you, while COD4 has more 3D looks to it.

I feel COD4 is way better than COD2, at least it doesn't have that phony British accent kept on talking to you. And the submachinegun in COD2 feel like toy guns - more for kids. COD4 just feel like the level of Battlefield 2 & 2142 and GRAW Advanced Warrior 1 & 2, more for adults.

Back