call of duty 2 rocks

Ron1jed

Supreme [H]ardness
Well i only played the frist couples missons but it rocks big time. best war fps yet!

Yeah, its awesome. However, I do like the single player in COD and UO better. The gameplay is indeed better in cod2, however i just like the levels themselves better in cod and uo. I thought the levels in cod2 got a *bit* boring, especially towards the end.

Even so, I'd still give the game a 9/10.

Yeah, it sure does. Wait till you try multiplayer. :)

yeah I liked it too, still plays the same with that change of the medkits so you see the flashing red around the screen edge when you are about to buy the farm, but it does feel like you are in that shit goin down. I love how they have the nazi's screaming things at you in german too LOL, "hey british infantry, You mother's a whore and stuff like that!" Well not really, but in that situation that's prolly what they are saying lol.

I thought it was the best damn war FPS to date too. At least in regards to the single player campaigns. You truly feel immersed in the action and the AI is just awesome. After an hour of playing it, I remember throwin' a frag grenade at one of the Germans and them throwing it back at me. After seeing one of my guys get blown to bits ragdoll physics style...simply kickass! :D

I loved BF1942, but the AI was laughable at best...I remember most of my guys would simply stand in one spot or crash jeeps (if you were lucky). :p

Nice to see developers finally building a good single player mode instead of solely focusing on multiplayer.

The russian missions were just "ok" short and easy but fun. So far the British missions are unbelieveable. Defending the city at night OWNED and the tank mission near al alamein is so awesome. I really felt like I was in the middle of a HUGE battle it was great. The only way to play the game is on the hardest setting, its way to easy otherwise.

I'm really enjoying it, but I'm starting to get pissed cuz a lot of the servers suck. A lot of them are turning off the smoke grenades, which totally screws up how I like to play, and they turn off the shotgun too. Plus the server that I liked which only played Carentan TDM isn't there any more =( Hopefully a new one will spring up soon...

hopefully some kind soul will give me this title for Christmas ... :(

[H]

Ya it feels like a war. its almost like you could jsut hang back and let the war go on and just hide if you wanted lol. So much going on at one time!

This game wears on you. The gameplay is thin. I was the biggest Call of Duty 1 fan and really loved that and the expansion. They were much better then COD2 in my opinion.

COD2's maps are worse, the gameplay is worse, everything feels even more scripted and artificial, and the graphics don't feel any better.

COD2 weaned me off the series just like the Star Wars Prequels weaned me off the original SW. None of it is enjoyable anymore.

COD1's expansion pack felt simply amazing and then they come out with something like this, it's somewhat disappointing.

I have played the demo of COD 2 and the gameplay was terrible IMO. I was playing on medium difficulty and was getting shot left and right. I got shot so many times I literally thought I was invincible. After about the 75th bullet I finally dropped. I could increase the difficulty, but then the game would take much longer to beat. Normally this would not be a problem, however I feel like this game was meant to be "run" through. What I mean is, if you sit still and try to pick off enemies around a corner, you are liable to see/hear/do some pretty repetitive shit. On the other hand, if you push forward you tend to only see things once and it makes you feel good because the immersion factor is there. However if you are on a high difficulty you will not be able to push forward all that much because you will be killed. On a lower difficulty the illusion will be ruined because you will be hit a ridonkulous number of times and still live.

BTW, I loved the first COD.

I love COD2, and I do not agree with ^^^ entirely. But right now I am having connection problems, so eya cannot play beloved MP, which I find very easy for rifling.

I am enjoying the hell out of call of duty 2, but there is also a lot about it not to like.

No game is perfect, knowing that, and being that it's a given of every FPS, for the most part this game is a ton of fun. I'm playing on veteran so I'm only getting about 10 feet every 15 minutes, but it makes it feel more real. You get popped by a fullisade from 7 guys while crawling through a tube, and you will die.

Few quibbles
Hate that you can't throw grenades back, but the AI can. AI stands in front of you when sniping. Tanks have you zeroed, even if you pop smoke and crawl and they don't see you for two minutes, yet still know right where you are. Certain scripted events have to play out before advancing.

I'm stuck right now where I need to blow up a half track with the RL and I can't pick the damn thing up... =(

I'm going to be pissed if it bugged out.

i can't wait to beat this game. Just need some more memory. Laggy sometimes.

You guys have got to be kidding. :confused:
How is this game any different then COD or UO was? :rolleyes:
It is THE SAME DAMN GAME period! :p
I found myself bored of it quickly and haven't finished it and prolly never will.
Good thing I didn't pay for this piece of buggy ass shit.

I haven't seen any of the issues that everyone else has....

The graphics are way better, I get shot a few times and I'm pounding sand, I can practically dance in the streets when I toss a smoke grenade, and the game certainly isn't buggy.

I'm enjoying the game but at the same time I must say that it's not much different than COD. The missions are virtually the same as the original and are repetative as hell. I also don't like how linear the game is either or how the AI isn't all that great. The other thing I don't get is that when I toss a grenade the enemy scattesr like roaches but when they toss a grenade my guys practically pitch tents around it. The lack of weapons is also a drag. They did a great job with the sound effects IMO and nailed the frantic/confusing aspect of war. The game isn't perfect but is the best war sim I've played yet and is pretty entertaining...

The bugs I have encountered so far are few, but can be annoying. Mostly it's in the scripting, so it isn't THAT detrimental.

There are certain enemy NPC's that seem to HAVE to do something before you can procede in certain areas. There are also issues where if you snipe, say, a german soldier who is supposed to be setting an MG42 or something before he sets it, another one will appear instantly behind him doing the same thing. I shot 4 before I just let him set it down, and it was fine after that.

There is another spot where you can't shoot the guy who blows up the tanks. Even if you dial in on him, and put it right between his eyes.

Soldiers will climb in and out of windows repeatedly, which is humorus when it's a german and you just watch him do it over and over until you finally fill his ass with lead.

The clipping has issues in certain areas where there is a lot of debris, or tables and chairs.

The AI is dumb as post toasties too. This is the first WWII shooter I have ever played, and so far I'm enjoying the hell out of it. It's waaaay better than COD2: Big Red 1. I just watched a friend play through that on the xbox. He may as well have been a one man wrecking crew as the AI would just stand there the majority of the time.

I loved this, but disagree with the idea that it needed to be "run through" - i tried playing liek this, and it sucked.
Then i hung back with my squad and played more slowly but carefully, and it makes you notice a lot more, feel a lot more, and die a lot less :D

The only thing that pisses me off about this game is the same thing about CoD, whcih i also loved - you're given a fucking lee-enfield, a .303, a bullet which will tear you in half if you get hit; you shoot a german, he falls to the floor, goes "owowowww" a bit, then sits up and starts shooting at you again! Maybe this was because i was playing on the harder settings, but a moments i honestly felt like it took half a magazine just to kill a single jerry.

MP ftw, anyway

Fun game so far. Logged more online than in sp... I'd rather play with others instead of play with myself. :D

I'm not so sure if I dig the new weapon models. Sure they're problem more authentic, but I like the look and feel of the previous CoD weapon models, specificially the Kar-98 and the BAR; I like the simple iron sight on the K98, and the hair sight on the BAR in CoD1.

Half the battle is in my head, if I'm not confident with weapon I'm holding, I probably wont do that well... but when I'm rolling, my peashooter is everyone's worse nightmare.

P.S. Shotties are annoying.

I beat this game a couple nights ago, it was damn fun. I didn't notice any bugs when I played and the cinematic elements are intense and real. Never have I felt like I was one man in an army vs another army like I did with this game. This game just feels epic. The AI is incredible, even at the end I was still noticing different tactics they would use on me. I felt the missions varied enough to keep me interested. It's actually one of the few games I finished all the way through.

One of the best moments for me was when I shot the helmet off a nazi soldier, he just stopped moving for a second looked back at his helmet on the ground and ran away. It was hirlarious. I had to pause the game because I was laughing so hard.

PS, is the Shotgun only in MP? Because I never found it in SP.

Jeriko_Cherry said:
PS, is the Shotgun only in MP? Because I never found it in SP.

I believe so. You'll quickly learn to hate the shotty, namely those who camp near doorways in most buildings.

JRT said:
You guys have got to be kidding. :confused:
How is this game any different then COD or UO was? :rolleyes:
It is THE SAME DAMN GAME period! :p
I found myself bored of it quickly and haven't finished it and prolly never will.
Good thing I didn't pay for this piece of buggy ass shit.
It is a sequel you know. However the addewd new stuff and made the game more fun due to a factor that it has better graphics, HUD, etc.

Wally said:
I loved this, but disagree with the idea that it needed to be "run through" - i tried playing liek this, and it sucked.
Then i hung back with my squad and played more slowly but carefully, and it makes you notice a lot more, feel a lot more, and die a lot less :D

The only thing that pisses me off about this game is the same thing about CoD, whcih i also loved - you're given a fucking lee-enfield, a .303, a bullet which will tear you in half if you get hit; you shoot a german, he falls to the floor, goes "owowowww" a bit, then sits up and starts shooting at you again! Maybe this was because i was playing on the harder settings, but a moments i honestly felt like it took half a magazine just to kill a single jerry.

MP ftw, anyway

Oh yes! I know exactly that feeling to, and quite frankly I'm getting just a wee bit fuckin sick and tired of how they handle difficulty settings in games like this nowadays. The whole "Well, we'll just make so that as you increase in difficulty it takes more shots to kill them and less shots to kill you." Nevermind they don't change absolutely anything else for difficulty like say for ex. more enemy soldiers or something like that you know something other just change hitpoints for you and enemy soldiers.

Back