Cadillac WTF

Thorium? Can someone explain WTF they are thinking, if at all?

Looks a bit like the cars in Fallout3 that blow up like a nuke when shot...

Thorium? Can someone explain WTF they are thinking, if at all?

Well, I don't think Cadillac really had anything to do with this. It appears to all be from the whacked out mind of one Loren Kulesus.

It's beyond concept, basically just a render and an idea. A car that will be nuclear powered (thorium can be used as nuclear fuel).

I don't see any cup holders. Where's the side mirrors? Can this thing go fast like my Rambler?

</grumpy old man>

I'll take it as long as it comes in black.

but why............. seriously with GM's money issues, they waste money on this??

I fell and struck my head on the toilet, and had this vision of the Flux Capacitor...
Eighty Eight miles an hour!

Which is the front and which is the back? and how to do you ride in it? laying down or bent in half similar to being put into a suitcase?

I cant help but think that wasting money on designs which will never come to market and are a nightmare from a manufacturing perspective are not good for business.

I think the designer needs to cut back on WoW. Thorium? really?

A nuclear powered car? I don't wanna get a ticket for proliferating WMD's!:eek:

I think you need to cut back on WoW and spend more time in Science class, lol. Thorium is a chemical element, that can be used as a nuclear fuel instead of Uranium. It's not just an Ore you can mine in World of Warcraft...

It's just a cool concept picture, don't expect to ever see it :p.

I think you need to do some research. Thorium is a real fuel that can actually work in a nuclear rector. It is sub-critical (meaning no meltdown), produces waste that is only radioactive for 500 years (nothing weapons grade, either), and is quite abundant.

There is a big writeup of it here: http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/features/print/348/new-age-nuclear?page=0,1

but why............. seriously with GM's money issues, they waste money on this??

I don't think GM spent any money on this, it seems to be the work of one guy.

no crap.

can someone 'bail' me out, so I can sit around a build goofy crap? I think I'll build a replica of the car homer simpson designed (you know, with the extra compartment in the rear for your mother-in-law?)

Am I the only one that sees this?

2yy81sh.jpg

I hope to God the horn is whalesong... i'd die happy

Would a good slogan be, "Global warming is out, nuclear winter is in."?

Thorium Power is a nuclear energy pioneer and the leading developer of proliferation-resistant nuclear fuels and a provider of comprehensive advisory services.

The global nuclear renaissance is fully underway and there are hundreds of reactors in planning or under development. But realizing the promise of safe, clean and responsible nuclear power requires a new approach.

http://www.thoriumpower.com/

Their THPW Stock price sits at 0.14, looks like it won't see a welcome future. Then again Sirius is still broadcasting at 0.13 per share.

Every car maker has their set of futuristic protos. You'd be hard pressed NOT to find a company with markups like these. BTW - I'm not too keen on the overall design - it is as noted: whale-like.

WTF! I mean whenI saw the pic I was like WTF! Prolly the first thing ppl say is WTF when they see it. :eek:

I love it when graphics designers think up crap with this with absolutely no idea of the engineering required to actually make it happen. 24 freaking drive wheels that have to be adjusted every 5 years? And he expects it to last 100 years...right...

Maybe they'll release pics of their prototype bus, the Cadillac GTFO

I'd like to see uranium hydride battery powered cars.. if they could get the cost down. 4+ years of straight running ftw. After the fuel is depleted, it can be recycled again and you could just refuel the batteries and go another 4+ years.

Production cars never look as cool as these prototypes anyway. You see a prototype and think "WOW this is what the future is going to look like!" and then years alater cars still look like they did several years ago. It's 2009 and we don't have flying cars, Jupiter bases or live in the sky or eat food cubes. The future is dissapointing =(

Not being a car person but why exactly do they create these concept cars that'll never see the day of light?

Back