Cablemod 90° and 180° adapters now for sale/pre-order.

Makes sense.

As far as these adapters go, Cablemod has said they would make it right, but I haven't heard anything yet.

yeah yeah, its jayz, get over it

That's SO complicated! Can I just say that I hate the complexity that these new 12V power plugs from Nvida have caused? You literally need to research an adapter for these now because as provided they don't work very well with the way cables bend.

Here's an idea - why not put the 12V cable plug at the very end of the video card instead of the side so that you can plug the cable in directly without creating problems closing the side panel or super awkwardly bending the power cable?

1705870968145.png

Last edited:
That's SO complicated! Can I just say that I hate the complexity that these new 12V power plugs from Nvida have caused? You literally need to research an adapter for these now because as provided they don't work very well with the way cables bend.

Here's an idea - why not put the 12V cable plug at the very end of the video card instead of the side so that you can plug the cable in directly without creating problems closing the side panel or super awkwardly bending the power cable?

View attachment 629142
It would complicate the design of the card. I know that some manufacturers extend the power beyond the PCB like this, but that also costs more money.

1706108007764.png

Pretty cool looking, but my normal Corsair cable is working well enough in spite of the tighter fit. $40 just seems a little bit much for something like this.
This is the way. Buy the official adapter from the manufacturer of your power supply. Anything else is an unnecessary risk.

This is the way. Buy the official adapter from the manufacturer of your power supply. Anything else is an unnecessary risk.

LOL, for what it's worth that cable ended up being a clutsterfuck. Well, at least my PSU with that cable. It ended up smelling like burning rubber after a few months and that cable became permanently fused with the PSU itself. I RMA'd it and got one of their new "Shift" models that has native support for 12v. The cables for the new PSU are way less rigid and the connector is shorter, too. No real need for an angled plug as a result.

LOL, for what it's worth that cable ended up being a clutsterfuck. Well, at least my PSU with that cable. It ended up smelling like burning rubber after a few months and that cable became permanently fused with the PSU itself. I RMA'd it and got one of their new "Shift" models that has native support for 12v. The cables for the new PSU are way less rigid and the connector is shorter, too. No real need for an angled plug as a result.
Crazy. I guess nothing is safe, ha. I have four RTX 4090s deployed and they're all A-OK with a combo of Corsair and Seasonic official cables.

Another less expensive option:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2BzikJP&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

under $11 and I think shipping was free. I did pay tax tho... Took about 20 days to arrive.
Used this cable for a month or 2 before I got the v1.0 90 adapter. Used that without issue for about 5 months, but then stopped using it once the v1.1 was announced that was supposed to fix some issues. Used the 90 cable again. for a month, then switched to the v1.1. Got a month out of that then had a black screen after an hour of gaming. So powered off, pulled off the 90 adapter. It was really hot.. I got lucky, nothing was melted. One of the sense pin connectors in the adapter appeared bent, and I started an RMA for it, and Cablemod replaced it. I went back to the $11 90 cable. Been using that ever since. Never did bother to put the replacement 90 adapter on, and then after about 2 months they said stop using both.

The issue with the 90 adapters is that the card side connector is soldered to a PCB, which restricts the movement of the metal connector parts, and on the GPU itself that connector is also PCB soldered. The situation with both sides of the connection being soldered down, means they both do not move in the way needed for the connectors to make sufficient metal to metal contact.

FYI that cable in the link is still available, and is now less than $5, and shipping is only $2.

Last edited:
Yeah I submitted for mine. I had both the v1.0 and the v1.1 so I understand that the shipping on the v1.1 will also get refunded. I had to destroy both adapters and take a picture to attach to the recall form.

Yeah I submitted for mine. I had both the v1.0 and the v1.1 so I understand that the shipping on the v1.1 will also get refunded. I had to destroy both adapters and take a picture to attach to the recall form.
I'm going to return my v1.0 as well. It was still in pristine condition, but I really don't need it since I have a native cable that can plug in with plenty of room.

25,300 recalls on these cablemod adapters. OOF! That's a lot of burnt video cards and lost moolah!

Back